TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
October 28, 2021, 07:27:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Artists not officially announced  (Read 17694 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Shropshire

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2019, 07:28:14 PM »

They're the main part of Beautiful South.
Re headliners, yes I agree they could and should be, but I also think their style of music would go down very nicely in the late Friday or Saturday afternoon feelgood slot.

I do find it very odd how they've taken off.  I saw Paul Heaton playing in a pub with about 100 others about 5 years ago.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2019, 07:39:44 PM »

I see Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott touring next year. Would be a lovely lazy sunbaked saturday afternoon slot...

What? They are headliners not support.

DW
Really?  Shocked
Never heard of them ...

They are very British, i dont know if The Housemartins,Heatons first band, and the Beautiful South, his second band which Abbot was a vocalist for,  had much of a profile in't States.  They now make records and tour together.  They are quite popular in Blighty.

The Dude abides
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Global Moderator

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2019, 03:11:10 PM »

As a duo, they are not Cropredy headliners! Headliners are meant to sell '000s of tickets

bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2019, 03:42:43 PM »

As a duo, they are not Cropredy headliners! Headliners are meant to sell '000s of tickets

There will be a lot of 'Who ?' followed by 'Oh I know this one !' going on.

Well I never did..
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2019, 04:40:37 PM »

As the 2020 line-up already contains lots of acts I’ve already seen, there are couple more I’d like to see again that would go down well at Cropredy....The Trials of Cato and Tears for Fears

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2019, 04:51:44 PM »

They managed to sell 5,000 tickets at Thetford Forest, headlined Beautiful Days in 2017 (which sold out), they’re doing arenas (and two nights at The Palladium) on their next tour but, yeah, whatever, if you think Trevor Horn is a bigger draw, that’s a point I’m willing to concede.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Global Moderator

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2019, 06:40:34 PM »

“As a duo” might give the impression that I’m *not* referring there to Mr Horn’s big band....but actually Heaton & Abbott. Also the subject of the post above the one you quoted?

Interestingly, that duo *aren’t* listed in the email from FC...so I wonder if they are actually booked?

Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2019, 07:16:27 PM »

“As a duo” might give the impression that I’m *not* referring there to Mr Horn’s big band....but actually Heaton & Abbott. Also the subject of the post above the one you quoted?

Interestingly, that duo *aren’t* listed in the email from FC...so I wonder if they are actually booked?

Full line up has been announced so no further names expected or likely

Born to Run (but not very fast)
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2019, 09:43:15 PM »

Check facts first.  They sell out arenas, and large outdoor one-offs.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
YaBB Master (Colin)
Unelected and unaccountable
Administrator

Loc: West Sussex

and mastery demands a certain style

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2019, 11:22:17 PM »

Check facts first.  They sell out arenas, and large outdoor one-offs.

I tried to get tickets for the Albert Hall. Not a chance.

but BEING PAID -- what will compare with it?
Wandering Steve

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2020, 09:59:42 AM »

Whilst in lockdown I was checking out bands I’d seen who were cropredyesque to coin a phrase.
A band I think some may enjoy are the Kruger brothers three very talented musicians who I was lucky enough to see last year.

Lots of stuff on YouTube but a good starting point for forumites would be their excellent (imo) cover of streets of London and their own song Carolina in the fall

Let me know what you think.
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2020, 02:13:45 PM »

I’ve always thought that James would go down a storm as a Thursday night headliner. Loads of great anthemic songs, with a fair chunk of the audience knowing at least a couple of their big hits (feel free to insert your own Sit Down’ joke here!!)
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2020, 04:58:20 PM »

I’ve always thought that James would go down a storm as a Thursday night headliner. Loads of great anthemic songs, with a fair chunk of the audience knowing at least a couple of their big hits (feel free to insert your own Sit Down’ joke here!!)

And Adrian from Oysterband is the current lead guitarist.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2020, 06:18:13 PM »

Fishermen’s Friends would be brilliant, bringing the coast to landlocked Oxfordshire.

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2020, 06:34:17 PM »

And Adrian from Oysterband is the current lead guitarist.

He's been in them off and on for the best part of 25 years hasn't he?

Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2020, 09:02:42 AM »

Fishermen’s Friends would be brilliant, bringing the coast to landlocked Oxfordshire.

They would indeed!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Tony Mc

Loc: Funky Fareham

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2020, 09:53:40 AM »

If we are indeed looking ahead to 2022 Cropredy (as next year is already full), I have always thought Simple Minds, Deacon Blue, or Beautiful South would go down well. All big hitters in crowd pleasing numbers, and would bring the much needed audience numbers for a Thursday night headline.

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2020, 09:55:45 AM »

If we are indeed looking ahead to 2022 Cropredy (as next year is already full), I have always thought Simple Minds, Deacon Blue, or Beautiful South would go down well. All big hitters in crowd pleasing numbers, and would bring the much needed audience numbers for a Thursday night headline.

They don't exist...see discussion about Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott elsewhere....

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2020, 10:45:15 AM »

I didn't think I'd like them at all but really enjoyed them at Skeggy 2018. However they blotted their copybook by their noisy uncouth behaviour in the Sky Bar when the next act was on, meaning we had to move away to hear anything.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
steve c

Loc: Surrey UK

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2020, 11:00:04 AM »

You should try being in the Golden Lion Port Isaac when they are in attendance.  Shocked
Very noisy but great fun. Beautiful place described by locals as a drinking village with a fishing problem

it is only music it will not harm you
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: