TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
August 08, 2020, 03:38:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The officially announced lineup  (Read 10889 times)
wayne stote

« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2020, 12:11:01 AM »

I致e only got a couple of Clannad albums, but thoroughly enjoy them. However, I知 a bit concerned on how they値l translate to a cold, dark field. Got a feeling that there might be an exodus as the night wears on. Anyone seen them at night at a festival?

Saw them at the Finsbury Park Fleadh maybe fifteen years ago. Headlined the secondary stage (Sting was on the big one). They were excellent.
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2020, 07:00:46 AM »

I致e only got a couple of Clannad albums, but thoroughly enjoy them. However, I知 a bit concerned on how they値l translate to a cold, dark field. Got a feeling that there might be an exodus as the night wears on. Anyone seen them at night at a festival?

Saw them at the Finsbury Park Fleadh maybe fifteen years ago. Headlined the secondary stage (Sting was on the big one). They were excellent.

It was 1996. Time flies!

Not that I was there, I started going in 1997 til 2001.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2020, 07:40:30 AM »

It was 1996. Time flies!

Wasn't that inside a tent?

If you know of a nice property to rent in 'Mid Wales'/The borders (Powys really, possibly Ceredigion/Monmouthshire or Herefordshire) for a year from now do please drop me a line.  Many thanks!
fat Billy(Bill)
Babycham Bill
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: deepest suffolk

may decay in direct sunlight

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2020, 08:00:00 AM »

I really like Clannad but unless the evening is warm and balmy I think they are going to struggle
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2020, 08:27:24 AM »

It was 1996. Time flies!

Yes, it was. Saw three of my favourite guitarists performing on that 2nd stage - Bert Jansch, Richard Thompson and John Martyn (solo, not together).
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2020, 08:42:28 AM »

I too think Clannad will struggle outside in the cold.  Headliners with loads of energy is what is required.  

If you know of a nice property to rent in 'Mid Wales'/The borders (Powys really, possibly Ceredigion/Monmouthshire or Herefordshire) for a year from now do please drop me a line.  Many thanks!
wayne stote

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2020, 10:02:23 AM »

It was 1996. Time flies!

!996? Goodness me. Tempus does indeed fugit!
wayne stote

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2020, 10:03:33 AM »

It was 1996. Time flies!

Might well have been.
Field 7 is Heaven (Trev)
Field 7 deserter

Loc: Gogledd Cymru

I know where my towel is

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2020, 02:20:31 PM »

Clannad are a world class Act. Unique. Of course they will not struggle.

Songs like Harry's Game and New Grange will be even more haunting if we are all shivering before they start.

(but lets hope for sunshine).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: