TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 03, 2020, 04:39:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2020 Chatter  (Read 39100 times)
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #260 on: October 29, 2020, 07:16:07 PM »

The funding will also help pay for the Covid-19 mitigation measures that we will need to put in place to ensure Cropredy 2021 is as safe as possible for everyone – our crews, traders, artists and of course you, our loyal festival-goers.

Lips Sealed

Well I never did..
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2020, 08:59:21 AM »

The funding will also help pay for the Covid-19 mitigation measures that we will need to put in place to ensure Cropredy 2021 is as safe as possible for everyone – our crews, traders, artists and of course you, our loyal festival-goers.

Lips Sealed
Do you think we'll all be expected to wear masks? There HAS to be a Cropredy one!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2020, 07:25:44 PM »

What do I think about Covid restrictions ten months from now ?

I've had a good old rummage around the internet over the last few months - not Facebook - and I don't like what I found.

One part of that is this, from California, and similar to the sort of thing we can 'look forward to', wherever we may live or whatever we may do :

* California Screaming (quietly).jpg (92.39 KB, 828x553 - viewed 276 times.)

Well I never did..
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Eardisley, Herefordshire

« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2020, 07:34:44 PM »

Even if a vaccine exists by then, only the wealthy will have access to it.  Personally, I suspect unsocially distanced gathering of 20k will be a thing of distant memory.... But I'm always a glass half empty kind of a guy!  Remember when we thought gigs would obviously be happening again properly this Autumn?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
vince42

« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2020, 08:04:59 PM »

I can't anticipate what's happening next week far less next August.  However I have a neighbour who manages a theatre and one of the pieces of research they have been using to risk assess events shows that aerosols from singers projecting their voices can travel 9 metres.

That would make for some very different socially distanced performances - one half of a duo stage left and the other stage right ?  Its also one of the factors against live sports crowds.

I can't see masks working - unless we are all going to drink 6x through a straw...

I think there will have to be some kind of effective treatment or vaccine before any live events get anything like back to normal frustrating though that might be.

Vince
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2020, 08:12:26 PM »

Even if a vaccine exists by then*1, only the wealthy will have access to it*2.  Personally, I suspect unsocially distanced gathering of 20k will be a thing of distant memory.... But I'm always a glass half empty kind of a guy!  Remember when we thought gigs would obviously be happening again properly this Autumn?

*1 - From what I am hearing it almost certainly will
*2 - No, it will be made available to everybody. There is no sense in restricting it. The economy cannot recover if half the population are still susceptible to infection. It is not in the interest of the wealthy to hobble the workforce on which they rely for their wealth.

Two caveats however. 1. The infrastructure may not be there to roll out the vaccine to sufficient numbers of the population in time for large summer events to be organised without risk. 2. Unless vaccination is enforced (which won't happen), a significant number of people may choose not to have it, which gives organisers of any event something of a headache in terms of ensuring it is safe.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #266 on: October 31, 2020, 07:38:11 AM »

Even if a vaccine exists by then*1, only the wealthy will have access to it*2.  Personally, I suspect unsocially distanced gathering of 20k will be a thing of distant memory.... But I'm always a glass half empty kind of a guy!  Remember when we thought gigs would obviously be happening again properly this Autumn?

*1 - From what I am hearing it almost certainly will
*2 - No, it will be made available to everybody. There is no sense in restricting it. The economy cannot recover if half the population are still susceptible to infection. It is not in the interest of the wealthy to hobble the workforce on which they rely for their wealth.

Two caveats however. 1. The infrastructure may not be there to roll out the vaccine to sufficient numbers of the population in time for large summer events to be organised without risk. 2. Unless vaccination is enforced (which won't happen), a significant number of people may choose not to have it, which gives organisers of any event something of a headache in terms of ensuring it is safe.

Of course the infrastructure won't be there...have you been paying attention recently?   Wink Smiley

In any case it's almost certainly irrelevant.  I'd love your 1) to be true, but very much suspect it won't be.  Most virologists I'm reading talk about 3 to 4 year lead ins to vaccines like this, if indeed they can be created in the first place.  Most Big Pharma capitalists I'm fairly sure suggest otherwise.  I know who'd I'm more likely to believe.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #267 on: October 31, 2020, 11:50:42 AM »

Speculation is pointless. Patience is a virtue.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

Lost in time like tears in the rain
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #268 on: October 31, 2020, 12:13:46 PM »

Speculation is pointless. Patience is a virtue.

There is literally nothing else to do, Andy  Grin

ps I'm not normally one for Winston quotes, but...

Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2020, 05:12:42 PM »

However, this is a bulletin board and we don't gave to follow Winston's beliefs.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

Lost in time like tears in the rain
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2020, 05:17:38 PM »

However, this is a bulletin board

Which is why there will always be discussion and 'speculation'.  That is literally why it exists...a bulletin board without discussion would be a very dull place to be.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: