TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
January 23, 2020, 06:21:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2020 Chatter  (Read 11787 times)
Tony Mc

Loc: Funky Fareham

« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2019, 10:38:42 AM »

Lets not get confused with beer in the camping field and beer on the festival site itself. New Forest doesn't allow own beer inside festiavl, but food ok, and you can come and go as much as you like, so can have a few beers at the van throughout the day. They also allow water but also have a fresh water tap too. Wickham doesn't allow own beer on festival site, Victorious doesn't allow re admittance by the way, and no food or drink or chairs!

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand.
Sue & Chris

« Reply #201 on: December 23, 2019, 08:23:22 PM »

Tickets arrived, bought at Tier 2 prices - ticket numbers were just over 2,500, so talk of 8,000 sold at tier 1 is well off the mark.  I would guess that 2,500 were sold at tier 1 prices (I bought very shortly after they sold out - even got a car sticker for heaven's sake - for the first time in years).  Perhaps the same number are being sold at tier 2 prices (Fairport website reporting just 300 tier 2 left).  So a lot of people (those buying at tier 3 or 4) are going to be paying at least £10 more than they did last year.  Can't help wondering if this price hike (at the end of the day, that is what it is) is going to put people off.
Gareth (GWR71)

« Reply #202 on: December 24, 2019, 01:07:26 AM »

Is a £10 year-on-year increase really enough to put people off? I wouldn't have thought so.
bob_g
n3wb

Loc: Mitcham

Bob

« Reply #203 on: December 27, 2019, 10:17:52 PM »

I live in a Sam Smith's beer town, last night's round of 3 pints of bitter, 1 pint of lager & half a lemonade was £9.30. †Drinking down south can be a bit of a shock to my wallet. Sleepy

Sitting in Tooting Market reading this. Just paid £15.25 for one pint of locally brewed lager and a large G&T.
Wadsworths in the field can do little wrong, barring the hot year they ran dry, in my books! :-)

Jim G
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Bridport ,Dorset

« Reply #204 on: January 20, 2020, 04:07:25 PM »

Just noticed that 3 Daft Monkeys have announced they are playing at the Brasenose on 14th August . Its been a while since they played at the main Festival - thought they were great in 2008 and 2010, surprised they have not been asked back since.
Chipton Blake

« Reply #205 on: January 20, 2020, 05:54:14 PM »

Not sure where to post this but if anyone
has a spare/ unwanted Field 8 ticket then
we and our blind black labrador would take
it off your hands. He likes that Field you see
and I didnít realise until too late about the
separate arrangements
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #206 on: January 20, 2020, 06:37:16 PM »

I'll be online on Feb 3rd to buy my Saturday ticket. I was going to do Friday and Saturday, but that would work out £100 more (incl camping), and I'm not convinced my back can take 2 nights on an airbed any more...

Said the straight man, to the late man...
paul bond 59

Loc: Lincolnshire

« Reply #207 on: Yesterday at 09:39:16 AM »

I got in early, as I usually do for the three-day festival ticket, I'm quite happy about the cost, increased prices are what they are I'm afraid. However,  this will probably be my last full Cropredy weekend, after 33 years of doing the two, then, three-day event, I think I'll just go for the Saturday shows in future, after all, across the decades my main reason for going to Cropredy is Fairport.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #208 on: Yesterday at 01:13:03 PM »

Cant summon up the enthusiasm to book yet even though we've done 30 odd on the trot. Just don't feel excited at the line up at all. I'll probably succumb in the end and camping was booked months ago so we'll be there anyway.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
mikec
Anywhere close to proper english
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

I'm sorry, my daughter isn't coming out tonight.

« Reply #209 on: Yesterday at 01:19:59 PM »

Not sure where to post this but if anyone
has a spare/ unwanted Field 8 ticket then
we and our blind black labrador would take
it off your hands. He likes that Field you see
and I didnít realise until too late about the
separate arrangements

Iíve sent you an IM Chipton

I have gone to look for myself, if I return before I get back, keep me here.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: