TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
August 03, 2020, 09:48:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2020 Chatter  (Read 27990 times)
Tony Mc

Loc: Funky Fareham

« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2019, 10:38:42 AM »

Lets not get confused with beer in the camping field and beer on the festival site itself. New Forest doesn't allow own beer inside festiavl, but food ok, and you can come and go as much as you like, so can have a few beers at the van throughout the day. They also allow water but also have a fresh water tap too. Wickham doesn't allow own beer on festival site, Victorious doesn't allow re admittance by the way, and no food or drink or chairs!

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand.
Sue & Chris

« Reply #201 on: December 23, 2019, 08:23:22 PM »

Tickets arrived, bought at Tier 2 prices - ticket numbers were just over 2,500, so talk of 8,000 sold at tier 1 is well off the mark.  I would guess that 2,500 were sold at tier 1 prices (I bought very shortly after they sold out - even got a car sticker for heaven's sake - for the first time in years).  Perhaps the same number are being sold at tier 2 prices (Fairport website reporting just 300 tier 2 left).  So a lot of people (those buying at tier 3 or 4) are going to be paying at least £10 more than they did last year.  Can't help wondering if this price hike (at the end of the day, that is what it is) is going to put people off.
Gareth (GWR71)

« Reply #202 on: December 24, 2019, 01:07:26 AM »

Is a £10 year-on-year increase really enough to put people off? I wouldn't have thought so.
bob_g

Loc: Mitcham

Bob

« Reply #203 on: December 27, 2019, 10:17:52 PM »

I live in a Sam Smith's beer town, last night's round of 3 pints of bitter, 1 pint of lager & half a lemonade was £9.30. †Drinking down south can be a bit of a shock to my wallet. Sleepy

Sitting in Tooting Market reading this. Just paid £15.25 for one pint of locally brewed lager and a large G&T.
Wadsworths in the field can do little wrong, barring the hot year they ran dry, in my books! :-)

Jim G
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Bridport ,Dorset

« Reply #204 on: January 20, 2020, 04:07:25 PM »

Just noticed that 3 Daft Monkeys have announced they are playing at the Brasenose on 14th August . Its been a while since they played at the main Festival - thought they were great in 2008 and 2010, surprised they have not been asked back since.
Chipton Blake

« Reply #205 on: January 20, 2020, 05:54:14 PM »

Not sure where to post this but if anyone
has a spare/ unwanted Field 8 ticket then
we and our blind black labrador would take
it off your hands. He likes that Field you see
and I didnít realise until too late about the
separate arrangements
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #206 on: January 20, 2020, 06:37:16 PM »

I'll be online on Feb 3rd to buy my Saturday ticket. I was going to do Friday and Saturday, but that would work out £100 more (incl camping), and I'm not convinced my back can take 2 nights on an airbed any more...

Said the straight man, to the late man...
paul bond 59

Loc: Lincolnshire

« Reply #207 on: January 22, 2020, 09:39:16 AM »

I got in early, as I usually do for the three-day festival ticket, I'm quite happy about the cost, increased prices are what they are I'm afraid. However,  this will probably be my last full Cropredy weekend, after 33 years of doing the two, then, three-day event, I think I'll just go for the Saturday shows in future, after all, across the decades my main reason for going to Cropredy is Fairport.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #208 on: January 22, 2020, 01:13:03 PM »

Cant summon up the enthusiasm to book yet even though we've done 30 odd on the trot. Just don't feel excited at the line up at all. I'll probably succumb in the end and camping was booked months ago so we'll be there anyway.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
mikec
Anywhere close to proper english
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

I'm sorry, my daughter isn't coming out tonight.

« Reply #209 on: January 22, 2020, 01:19:59 PM »

Not sure where to post this but if anyone
has a spare/ unwanted Field 8 ticket then
we and our blind black labrador would take
it off your hands. He likes that Field you see
and I didnít realise until too late about the
separate arrangements

Iíve sent you an IM Chipton

I have gone to look for myself, if I return before I get back, keep me here.
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2020, 11:14:36 PM »

At Tewkesbury this evening, Simon mentioned that the festival is not yet sold out. Of course, 2 and 1 day tickets don't go on sale until next week. However, he did say that if everyone buying a ticket for Cropredy was to bring just 1 friend, that would help secure the festival's future for another year...

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2020, 11:21:45 PM »

At Tewkesbury this evening, Simon mentioned that the festival is not yet sold out. Of course, 2 and 1 day tickets don't go on sale until next week. However, he did say that if everyone buying a ticket for Cropredy was to bring just 1 friend, that would help secure the festival's future for another year...

Doesn't that suggest low sales?

PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2020, 11:37:51 PM »

Quite possibly, yes. Though the band seemed very "up" tonight... their playing and singing was pretty damn excellent, despite a couple of fluffs during the new material.

PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2020, 07:17:02 PM »

Saturday ticket purchased just now... Grin

David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2020, 07:23:10 PM »

How much are they up for?
Wandering Steve

« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2020, 07:51:09 PM »

Suggests it wonít take place in the future if sales are low this year...

Then there will be nothing left to moan about
Arrival times
Which field to camp
Line up
Food
Weather

Basically if you want the festival to continue then support it.

Use it or lose it
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2020, 08:17:16 PM »

Arrival times
Which field to camp
Line up
Food
Weather

Use it or lose it

I am some times perceived as negative on this site . I am not. Over 25 Cropredies , it has been a really important part of my life.....
So letís be objective...
The fest has rarely sold out by January.
There is just so much more competition out there.
Fairports core audience is aging.
I think this yearís lineup will attract the core audience, whether that audience is now big enough to support the Fest is the crux and we will have to wait and see.
The idea of a big ( and therefore expensive)headliner to attract a different or younger audience seems to be on hold
I genuinely hope it continues, I have had some of my best fest experiences on that field.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Bedding down in Bridport for a few months

« Reply #217 on: February 03, 2020, 08:25:20 PM »

Rarely?  Never.  Don't think it's ever sold out much before August has it?

If you know of a nice property to rent in 'Mid Wales' (Powys really, possibly Ceredigion/Monmouthshire) for a year from Aug 2020 do please drop me a line.  Many thanks!
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #218 on: February 03, 2020, 10:27:50 PM »

Arrival times
Which field to camp
Line up
Food
Weather

Use it or lose it

I am some times perceived as negative on this site . I am not. Over 25 Cropredies , it has been a really important part of my life.....
So letís be objective...
There is just so much more competition out there.
Fairports core audience is aging.
I think this yearís lineup will attract the core audience, whether that audience is now big enough to support the Fest is the crux and we will have to wait and see.
The idea of a big ( and therefore expensive)headliner to attract a different or younger audience seems to be on hold
I genuinely hope it continues, I have had some of my best fest experiences on that field.

Are you sure it will attract the core audience with so many repeats? And not enough folk rock , especially those popular with the core - Trad AAAr, Merry Hell, Leatherat, Little Johnny England, etc etc , none of whom would break the bank.

David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #219 on: February 04, 2020, 09:47:21 AM »

Not sure I have any friends, who haven't already been to Cropredy, to whom would say "Hey lets spend £200 for a weekend ticket with camping to go and sit in a field (probably in the rain) listening to a bunch of largely unknown bands with our view of the stage disrupted by other people's flags, overpriced beer and food with a final financial outlay in the region of £400".

DW
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: