TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
October 17, 2021, 07:31:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2020 Chatter  (Read 74086 times)
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« on: November 20, 2019, 02:44:36 PM »

So Cropredy line-up so far to be announced on 29 November. FC also introducing tiered ticketing (cheaper if you buy early) and teen tickets.

All makes sense to me

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Global Moderator

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 02:53:40 PM »

I'll refrain from posting the whole newsletter here.....

With 10 days until Tier 1 tickets go on sale (teen tickets at £75 remain statically-priced) for the first time, where I suspect tier 4 will show a quite large increase in price from last year (otherwise why would they make this change), it would assist fan budgetting if

a) they had informed us a while ago, in order that we might start saving for tier 1....and
b) tell us whether tiers are purely on number of tickets allocated to each tier (ie that price rises could happen at any stahe when each tier sells out), or whether there is a cut-off date for any tier even if the sales haven't reached the ticket numbers allocated.

Chipton Blake

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 03:09:13 PM »

And the Field 8 news is disappointing-
really enjoyed Weds nights - on a leisurely crawl around
Field 8 bar, Brase and The Red Lion (Duff Paddy)

Does anyone know whether Field 8 will independently
open on Wednesday?
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 03:25:54 PM »

open on Wednesday?

Tuesday..apparently.

Well I never did..
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 03:27:08 PM »

open on Wednesday?

Says Field 8 will be run independently of the main festival so guess whoever runs it will open up on Wednesday to be part of the fringe - as intimated on the email

Chris
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 03:40:38 PM »

They'll now need to apply for their own licences though. Keep your fingers crossed as the noise could be heard up in Great Bourton....unlike the arena/Brasenose.

Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 03:42:55 PM »

I shall have my battered credit card ready at 10am on Monday 2nd December   Cheesy  Tiara

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Dubai Danny
my MIL likes it loud

Loc: Here

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 03:49:38 PM »

open on Wednesday?

Tuesday..apparently.

And you'll be allowed to stay until Monday (also apparently).
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 03:54:28 PM »

I shall have my battered credit card ready at 10am on Monday 2nd December   Cheesy  Tiara

Likewise...already booked accommodation for next year so festival tickets come next no matter who is on the bill  Smiley

David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 04:02:31 PM »

Can someone please send me a link to the newsletter - for some reason I never get it although I'm sure I have subscribed in the past.

DW
Chris
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2019, 04:09:10 PM »

It should hopefully be posted on their website, but it's not there yet - so here it is

Hello Fairporters,

We’re writing to you about Fairport’s Cropredy Convention 2020. Our festival will take place on 13, 14 and 15 August next year and tickets go on sale on Monday 2 December 2019.

For many independent festivals 2019 was a difficult year and Cropredy was no exception. Ticket sales were down, largely due to the economic uncertainty surrounding Brexit. Unfortunately that uncertainty is still with us and understandably people are still cautious about leisure spending.

Despite that we are still here and Cropredy 2020 is already taking shape – in fact we will be announcing the line-up so far on 29 November. We are also introducing some exciting new features (see below).

You too can contribute to Cropredy’s future. For a start, buying your tickets early will save you money and help secure the future of the festival you love. So be sure to join us next August; book early to take advantage of our money-saving initiatives; and bring a friend or family member.

Tiered ticketing

This year we shall be introducing a new ‘tiered’ system of ticketing. That means the sooner you buy, the more you’ll save!

Our first Tier, Tier 1, will go on sale at our early bird price, from 10.00 on Monday 2 December 2019. When all the Tier 1 tickets have been sold, we’ll move on to Tier 2 and so on up to Tier 4 for the latecomers.

Two-day tickets (Friday and Saturday) and Saturday-only tickets will go on sale from 2 February 2020.

As usual, the first 1,000 three-day ticket orders will receive a Christmas card signed by Fairport Convention; additionally, the first 2,000 orders will receive a souvenir Cropredy windscreen sticker.

Teen Tickets – new for 2020

Cropredy is proud of its reputation as an event for the whole family. Now the festival will become even more family-friendly than before with the introduction of our Teen Ticket.

For 2020 youngsters between the ages of 12 and 17 (inclusive) will pay just £75 for three days regardless of which Tier we are on, a great saving for families. Under 12s are still free.

Field 8 and Wednesday Camping

Field 8 will be completely independent from now on and be operating as part of The Cropredy Fringe. Field 8 campers will still need to buy a festival ticket to enter the festival site.

Also, we are no longer able to offer Wednesday camping on Field 7b.

Glamping

Last year Cropredy introduced glamping and you loved it! So for 2020 Brook Bell Tents will be back once again to look after you. If you fancy a bit of unashamed luxury under canvas these beautifully-appointed tents are the perfect answer.

The self-contained glamping village – Broad Meadow – is complete with luxury loos and showers, a bar, on-site catering, a pampering marquee, shared fridges, and complimentary tea and coffee in the hospitality marquee. You can park next to your tent and there’s even a free shuttle buggy to whisk you to the Arena gate.

Although 2019 was the first year of glamping all the pitches sold out in days. Glamping will go like hot cakes in 2020 so book now to avoid missing out.

And finally...

We’ll be announcing the line-up so far on Friday 29 November; tickets will go on sale the following Monday.

Love from us all,

Simon, Peggy, Ric, Chris and Gerry.

Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2019, 05:14:29 PM »

Really disappointed that there is no Wednesday camping in field 7b.
It made things so much easier last year.

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
macafolk ( Jean Lup )
n3wb

Loc: Belgium Wavre

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2019, 05:17:25 AM »

Hello, I just read that for the Cropredy 2020 festival, cropredy Field 8 will now be completely independent and will operate as part of The Fringe. Campers in Field 8 will still have to purchase a festival ticket to enter the festival site.
I wonder how I could buy camping tickets and also when?
A big thank you! (We have been coming from Belgium since the year 2000, every year!)
Jean Lupant
jean_lupant@hotmail.com
Tony Pim

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2019, 07:48:11 AM »

Apparently Field 8 is sold out

and the stars look very different today
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2019, 08:34:30 AM »

Already? When/where did they go on sale? Such madness!!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
bassline (Mike)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2019, 01:32:46 PM »

Already? When/where did they go on sale? Such madness!!

Via the Fairporters Facebook page...Gerry del Guercio is the guy...he has said that anybody who has reserved a ticket but doesn't pay for it sharpish, will be passed over for someone else on the list, so there MAY be a chance of blagging one, but the list is long.

Well I never did..
Chris
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2019, 03:15:19 PM »

If I were booking in there, I'd be asking to see -

a) his insurance policy
b) his licence from Cherwell District Council for the entertainment - you might find it's a rather quiet field with no stage/bar

NigelT

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2019, 03:29:14 PM »

With 10 days until Tier 1 tickets go on sale (teen tickets at £75 remain statically-priced) for the first time, where I suspect tier 4 will show a quite large increase in price from last year (otherwise why would they make this change), it would assist fan budgetting if

a) they had informed us a while ago, in order that we might start saving for tier 1....and
b) tell us whether tiers are purely on number of tickets allocated to each tier (ie that price rises could happen at any stahe when each tier sells out), or whether there is a cut-off date for any tier even if the sales haven't reached the ticket numbers allocated.

I put exactly this point on the Fairporters Facebook page. The rationale seems to be to get people to book early, so it would make sense for Tier 1 to be time limited (say, the first month) rather than ticket number limited. This would prevent an unholy scamble on 2nd December! I'll be online at the opening time - If I don't get a Tier 1 ticket there will be a complaint!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Shropshire

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2019, 05:25:57 PM »

I put exactly this point on the Fairporters Facebook page. The rationale seems to be to get people to book early, so it would make sense for Tier 1 to be time limited (say, the first month) rather than ticket number limited. This would prevent an unholy scamble on 2nd December! I'll be online at the opening time - If I don't get a Tier 1 ticket there will be a complaint!

What's the bloody point of complaining?  It is what it is.  Nobody has the right to a Cropredy ticket at a particular price!  How about some constructive feedback instead?  

For the record, virtually every other festival with tiers has a limited number of each tickets at each tier rather than time limiting them.  

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
bassline (Mike)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2019, 05:30:00 PM »

What's the bloody point of complaining?  It is what it is.  Nobody has the right to a Cropredy ticket at a particular price!  How about some constructive feedback instead?  

For the record, virtually every other festival with tiers has a limited number of each tickets at each tier rather than time limiting them.  

Exactly as worded in the newsletter :
Our first Tier, Tier 1, will go on sale at our early bird price, from 10.00 on Monday 2 December 2019. When all the Tier 1 tickets have been sold, we’ll move on to Tier 2 and so on up to Tier 4 for the latecomers. I don't know the quantities, but I'd guess they've taken into account the usual amount of tix sold in previous years before the initial sale stops.

Well I never did..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: