TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
July 07, 2020, 12:33:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving Grace (featuring Robert Plant)  (Read 6351 times)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 10:13:59 PM »

How was it? Spill! Xx

There was a bit of a discussion on recent gigs, Lorna.  Robert really enjoying himself...tip top band.  Awesome female vocalist.  A very mellow vibe... Low covers, Moby grape covers, lots of Apalachian style stuff.  I Bid you Goodnight.  It was fab.  Others were less impressed I think....
It's all about expectations. Those who expected a bit of head-banging Zep were sorely disappointed.
You don’t even get that in his normal gigs these days!
I hope they bring out an album. I’d definitely buy it

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2019, 11:54:49 PM »

I remember Band of Joy not going down well at Cropredy cos MrPlant wanted todo fairly obtuse 60’s B sides.
People , for reasons I failed to understand, seemed to expect him to do Zeppelin songs.
I was listening to a Space Shifters album today , that I go back to a lot. He has to be admired for not living in the past but always trying new stuff.
As opposed to Jimmy Page bringing out another new edition of a 45 year old album......
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Bedding down in Bridport for a few months

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2019, 10:51:12 AM »

Priory of Brion, you mean...? Watching PoB live (saw them 4 times + Cropredy, I think) were some of the best live experiences of my life.  It had already outgrown itself by the time they did Cropredy anyway...I think it may even have been their last performance?

I remember Band of Joy not going down well at Cropredy cos MrPlant wanted todo fairly obtuse 60’s B sides.
People , for reasons I failed to understand, seemed to expect him to do Zeppelin songs.
I was listening to a Space Shifters album today , that I go back to a lot. He has to be admired for not living in the past but always trying new stuff.
As opposed to Jimmy Page bringing out another new edition of a 45 year old album......

And, ps...obtuse?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:01:58 AM by davidmjs » Logged

If you know of a nice property to rent in 'Mid Wales' (Powys really, possibly Ceredigion/Monmouthshire) for a year from Aug 2020 do please drop me a line.  Many thanks!
spooley (Simon)

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2019, 12:12:13 PM »

Cheese and Grain, Frome Wed May 29th  Smiley

Bugger. Sold out now.
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Isle of Skye

Meminesse sed providere

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2019, 09:59:24 PM »

How was it? Spill! Xx

There was a bit of a discussion on recent gigs, Lorna.  Robert really enjoying himself...tip top band.  Awesome female vocalist.  A very mellow vibe... Low covers, Moby grape covers, lots of Apalachian style stuff.  I Bid you Goodnight.  It was fab.  Others were less impressed I think....

Thanks, David. I had missed those reviews...thanks for summarising again. Sounds amazing.

And radio waves kept me company...
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2019, 08:36:54 PM »

Here's another Welsh date I hadn't heard of before..https://www.facebook.com/events/2450136008602940/ (very good seats available as I post this)

If you know of a nice property to rent in 'Mid Wales' (Powys really, possibly Ceredigion/Monmouthshire) for a year from Aug 2020 do please drop me a line.  Many thanks!
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Isle of Skye

Meminesse sed providere

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2019, 08:54:04 PM »

Here's another Welsh date I hadn't heard of before..https://www.facebook.com/events/2450136008602940/ (very good seats available as I post this)

So near to where I used to live!  Undecided

And radio waves kept me company...
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2019, 08:56:30 PM »

So near to where I used to live!  Undecided

I can't make it work for me either, sadly...from Dorset to the Hebrides...and everyone wanting to be in Newtown lol...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: