TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:45:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 345036 times)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #860 on: August 09, 2022, 11:00:38 AM »

Not a gig exactly, but I bought an advance ticket for a one off film showing of 50th Anniversary concert of Tubular Bells.

I' m looking forward to this. I was in the pictures to watch a film about 2 volcanologists and the Tubular Bells film was trailered. At the end of my film,  I went right to the box office and purchased a ticket.

I'm planning to go and see that.

I went to see the Tubular Bells for Two stage show a few years back and it was excellent.

Bridg - I'm sue this will be showing in Wales too. It is being screened nationally I think.
Thanks Al - I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
PJayBe

« Reply #861 on: August 09, 2022, 05:25:08 PM »

I’ve got tickets for Martin Turners Wishbone Ash for October , Blackbeards Tea Party for November ( & Lowdham)then Cowboy Junkies booked for December @ Buxton . So far .

That wouldn't get past the lawyers, I'm afraid.  It's supposed to be "Martin Turner (ex-Wishbone Ash)".  Thanks for the heads up though...I might try and get to the Darlington show.  Seeing two of my favourite albums (Argus and Four) in full is not to be sniffed at.

I saw them a few years go, on a prog triple bill,  advertised as Martin Turners Wishbone Ash. I suppose the legal issue has been sorted out now.

Was that with The Watch & The Rocket Scientists in Rotherham?
blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #862 on: August 09, 2022, 07:57:08 PM »

I’ve got tickets for Martin Turners Wishbone Ash for October , Blackbeards Tea Party for November ( & Lowdham)then Cowboy Junkies booked for December @ Buxton . So far .

That wouldn't get past the lawyers, I'm afraid.  It's supposed to be "Martin Turner (ex-Wishbone Ash)".  Thanks for the heads up though...I might try and get to the Darlington show.  Seeing two of my favourite albums (Argus and Four) in full is not to be sniffed at.

At the Cutlers? Erked me for along time that I was away? Or the Prog Weekend at Magma when I was also away?

I saw them a few years go, on a prog triple bill,  advertised as Martin Turners Wishbone Ash. I suppose the legal issue has been sorted out now.

Was that with The Watch & The Rocket Scientists in Rotherham?
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #863 on: August 18, 2022, 07:46:50 PM »

The mighty Starry Eyed & Laughing (in duo form at least) are playing a gig in town...

* 299996445_2348223288666383_2414230582069653198_n.jpg (275.83 KB, 700x990 - viewed 661 times.)

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #864 on: August 19, 2022, 07:54:00 AM »

The mighty Starry Eyed & Laughing (in duo form at least) are playing a gig in town...

And with Walthamstow's finest, The Hanging Stars.  Should be a good show Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #865 on: August 19, 2022, 08:04:26 AM »

Don't know anything about them, but they sound good.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #866 on: August 19, 2022, 10:59:34 AM »

I think they'd be up your street, David.  Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
PJayBe

« Reply #867 on: August 19, 2022, 04:09:08 PM »

The reunited Gaslight Anthem tonight in Manchester
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #868 on: August 19, 2022, 05:10:33 PM »

I'm sure you must  know them David. Richard Olson - Eighteenth Day of May, The See See and now The Hanging Stars. Originally intended as a solo project by Rich when The See See were still active, it turned into a new band with Sam Ferman and Paulie Cobra from the final See See line-up. Four excellent albums so far but even better live.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #869 on: August 19, 2022, 07:45:59 PM »

I'm sure you must  know them David. Richard Olson - Eighteenth Day of May, The See See and now The Hanging Stars. Originally intended as a solo project by Rich when The See See were still active, it turned into a new band with Sam Ferman and Paulie Cobra from the final See See line-up. Four excellent albums so far but even better live.

Ok, thanks for the explanation Col.  I still don't know know them but at least I understand the context properly now.  The EDOM spawned so much great music!

Pastieboy (Trev)
Cookie Monster
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: grantham

Remember me I'm still your native son.

« Reply #870 on: August 21, 2022, 04:30:42 PM »

Clutch . My PGs fave band .@ Nottingham Rock City 16 December . I like them lots but not mad on them like PG is

You are what you eat !!!
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #871 on: August 24, 2022, 05:36:44 PM »

This year's Martyn Joseph Pipefest event at Lancaster University is taking place on the 17th September. The line-up includes Hannah Sanders & Ben Savage, Stephen Fearing and poet Patrick Jones. I'm not sure how ticket sales are going but when I spoke to Hannah and Ben at a recent festival they said they thought it was close to selling out.

I've just had a look and tickets are still available at https://www.imageacoustic.co.uk/pipefest-2022

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
David V B
Order from the other side of the living room

« Reply #872 on: August 25, 2022, 10:51:23 AM »

This year's Martyn Joseph Pipefest event at Lancaster University is taking place on the 17th September. The line-up includes Hannah Sanders & Ben Savage, Stephen Fearing and poet Patrick Jones. I'm not sure how ticket sales are going but when I spoke to Hannah and Ben at a recent festival they said they thought it was close to selling out.

I've just had a look and tickets are still available at https://www.imageacoustic.co.uk/pipefest-2022

Sadly we can’t get there this year because of an imminent house move, but it is always a great day. Very friendly and intimate with only about 120 there.
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #873 on: August 25, 2022, 02:46:51 PM »

I've got some early September gigs lined up. Oysterband on Thursday 8th and Go Now (Moody Blues tribute band) on the 9th, both at the Acapela in Pentyrch. I was going to see Justin Hayward on Monday 12th in Birmingham, but, sadly, I have had to knock that on the head due to an unavoidable clash with something else - non music related. Looking forward to the other two immensely.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #874 on: August 25, 2022, 03:26:42 PM »

Really looking forward to Big Big Train at Aylesbury next Friday - postponed since July 2020!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #875 on: August 25, 2022, 03:38:42 PM »

Just announced - Elvis Costello and Friends (including Charlie Sexton and Roseanne Cash) performing "King of America" at ACL Live to benefit the Musician Treatment Foundation, December 3.

What's not to like, except the tickets are tres expensive.
Brian Green

« Reply #876 on: August 25, 2022, 04:04:51 PM »

Really looking forward to Big Big Train at Aylesbury next Friday - postponed since July 2020!

Looking forward to the warm up on Thursday Thornden School is a twenty minute walk for me!
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #877 on: August 26, 2022, 11:49:55 PM »

Hope it's a great show. I'll be curious to hear your opinions of Alberto. David Longdon's shoes will take some filling but I have high hopes.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #878 on: August 28, 2022, 12:45:06 PM »

Hope it's a great show. I'll be curious to hear your opinions of Alberto. David Longdon's shoes will take some filling but I have high hopes.

I never saw David with them, but the sound of the first thing they have released with Alberto is certainly promising.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #879 on: August 28, 2022, 05:19:33 PM »

I never saw David with them, but the sound of the first thing they have released with Alberto is certainly promising.

Agreed.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: