TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:13:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 357439 times)
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #820 on: July 21, 2022, 10:44:30 AM »

Anyone know how much the tickets are for Springsteens shows next year?
I looked on the site, but seeing there were 69 people in front of me, I have up
I hate it when they dont advertise the prices.
No Manchester show announced, yet.  If he's not coming here, Villa park might be my best bet

The Dude abides
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #821 on: July 21, 2022, 10:54:29 AM »

No Manchester show announced, yet.  If he's not coming here, Villa park might be my best bet

Basically, a weeks vacation in Barbados.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #822 on: July 21, 2022, 11:49:40 AM »

Given the garbage that charges mega money these days, I didn't think the cost was too bad.  Barbados must be cheap this yeat  Wink https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/bruce-springsteen-ticket-prices-revealed-24548141

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #823 on: July 21, 2022, 01:35:16 PM »

I paid £95 + fees for standing at Villa Park, total £109.
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #824 on: July 21, 2022, 04:00:50 PM »

The only time I've seen Bruce Springsteen was as a teenager in 1985, when a bunch of us travelled from South Wales for his gig in Leeds. Tickets were something like a whopping £12! It was a real adventure with us ending up sleeping on the railway station because we missed the last train home. Great times!

Much as I still like his music, the prices are more than I'm willing to pay, these days.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #825 on: July 21, 2022, 04:40:39 PM »

The only time I've seen Bruce Springsteen was as a teenager in 1985, when a bunch of us travelled from South Wales for his gig in Leeds. Tickets were something like a whopping £12! It was a real adventure with us ending up sleeping on the railway station because we missed the last train home. Great times!

Much as I still like his music, the prices are more than I'm willing to pay, these days.

£14 actually.  That's £35.02 at 2021 prices (Bank of England Inflation Calculator).  That's your gig ticket inflation, right there...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #826 on: July 21, 2022, 10:30:03 PM »

I think I paid about £80 to see him at The Etihad last time he was here, so that’s not a huge hike from 2016.  I still don’t fancy going to Villa though.  Last time I was in Brum, apart from work, was 1988 to see the Tunnel of Love tour

The Dude abides
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #827 on: July 22, 2022, 09:38:49 AM »

I was toying with the idea of going to see Springsteen at Villa Park. Plenty of family in Birmingham, so no problem with accommodation, and Villa Park is the holy ground for me. However, I like Bruce, but I'm not a massive fan, plus the parking around the ground is a nightmare. So, not for me this time.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #828 on: July 22, 2022, 11:59:59 AM »

£14 actually.  That's £35.02 at 2021 prices (Bank of England Inflation Calculator).  That's your gig ticket inflation, right there...

The vagaries of memory! I've been telling people for years that I saw Springsteen for only £12!  Smiley

It's crazy money, these days, for the big guns. I'm lucky enough to live in an area with lots of great, smallish concert halls which feature a host of excellent performers and I would rather spend my hundred quid seeing half a dozen of these rather than splurge it all on one night in a venue that's cavernous, with an artist who feels like they are a mile away.
PJayBe

« Reply #829 on: July 23, 2022, 10:30:24 AM »

Should be seeing the mighty Ian Prowse at his summer Liverpool Philharmonic show, but that b*st*rd Covid has intervened.....
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #830 on: July 23, 2022, 10:40:56 AM »

Folkfell at Holker Hall featuring Kate Rusby,Cara Dillon, Sam Kelly and Kathryn Roberts

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #831 on: July 23, 2022, 05:50:34 PM »

I paid £100 for Hyde Park; expensive, but might be my only chance to see him in concert. At least at Hyde Park you get 3-4 other really good acts.
garrypbrooks

« Reply #832 on: July 25, 2022, 07:55:58 AM »

Should be seeing the mighty Ian Prowse at his summer Liverpool Philharmonic show, but that b*st*rd Covid has intervened.....

IP + band has been on my "must see" list for a few years now, but the only time he's playing near me this year I'm on hol, so I'm equally frustrated.
PJayBe

« Reply #833 on: July 27, 2022, 10:50:35 AM »

Single stripe on my Covid exam, alsways happy to fail that one, so its off to transatlantic proggers Transatlantic tonight in London.
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #834 on: August 01, 2022, 09:49:31 AM »

It's the Lake District Folk Weekend at Staveley this Friday to Sunday. I've booked tickets for the Saturday afternoon concert which is Bob Fox supported by Hannah Sanders & Ben Savage and Scolds Bridle.

https://www.thelakedistrictfolkweekend.com/home

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #835 on: August 01, 2022, 10:34:34 AM »

I paid £100 for Hyde Park; expensive, but might be my only chance to see him in concert. At least at Hyde Park you get 3-4 other really good acts.

The prices were absolutely ridiculous! we had 4pc's logged in  and two phones and we couldnt get anything for less than £467 by the time we got through... ridiculous! been loads of complaints about prices....

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Glen S
and I do love a bit of Macca whimsy

Loc: Oxford

« Reply #836 on: August 01, 2022, 11:17:17 AM »

John Etheridge & Pete Oxley at The Handle Bar, Oxford on Thursday evening...Only 50 tickets & now sold out I think!... Really loving going to small intimate gigs again, that are just a short bus ride into town! Smiley
PJayBe

« Reply #837 on: August 01, 2022, 05:27:15 PM »

Just received an email from The Victoria Hall in Settle (the oldest surviving music hall in the country) which told me that The Chapin Sisters (daughters of Harry) are on tomorrow.  Instant birthday night out!!!
garrypbrooks

« Reply #838 on: August 01, 2022, 05:42:14 PM »

Just received an email from The Victoria Hall in Settle (the oldest surviving music hall in the country) which told me that The Chapin Sisters (daughters of Harry) are on tomorrow.  Instant birthday night out!!!

The Chapin Sisters are actually nieces of Harry. But they are very good live, we saw them in July.
Brian Green

« Reply #839 on: August 01, 2022, 07:28:40 PM »

Big Big Train have announced a warm up at Thornden School Hall ,Chandlers Ford on 1st September.
Tickets £35 and only a 20 min walk from where I live!!!
Will be a very emotional night as first show since the tragic passing of David Longdon.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: