TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:30:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344707 times)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #800 on: June 23, 2022, 12:04:01 PM »

The Rolling Stones Hyde Park on Saturday

I missed the news about the invention of time travel!

Jules

Well I thought that was a good line Jules

I don't geddit  Huh  Sad

I'm with you now  Cool

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Peter Allen

« Reply #801 on: June 23, 2022, 03:58:49 PM »

Barry Manilow at Leeds , due to the train strike , I'm now a taxi driver for the wife & mother in law on Saturday night , when I should be seeing Katie Spencer in Hull
At least they couldn't get me a ticket to get into Bazza's show , that was a relief !!
I'll find something to do in Leeds for 3 hours even if it's just watching Macca at Glastonbury on a screen in a pub

....".but it's been postponed since 2020" ....not postponed nearly long enough as far as I'm concerned

This is not a last minute cry for a spare Bazza ticket at Leeds by the way , not even a free one
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #802 on: June 23, 2022, 04:02:05 PM »

Barry Manilow at Leeds , due to the train strike , I'm now a taxi driver for the wife & mother in law on Saturday night , when I should be seeing Katie Spencer in Hull
At least they couldn't get me a ticket to get into Bazza's show , that was a relief !!
I'll find something to do in Leeds for 3 hours even if it's just watching Macca at Glastonbury on a screen in a pub

....".but it's been postponed since 2020" ....not postponed nearly long enough as far as I'm concerned

This is not a last minute cry for a spare Bazza ticket at Leeds by the way , not even a free one

Nah...sorry, but she'd be on her own with that one.  Making her own bed and all of that jazz...  Wink Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #803 on: June 23, 2022, 07:11:00 PM »

I didn't know Barry had returned to the road. He announced his effective retirement due to ill health several years ago. Now I see he has select dates in the U.S. in August. I wouldn't travel far to see him, but I would consider traveling near. Soundtrack of my childhood (ABBA, BeeGees, Barry Manilow, etc.).
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #804 on: June 27, 2022, 03:12:23 PM »

Tonight, Kraftwerk, ACL Live!

I'm not terribly familiar with their work, but am well aware of their reputation and can't wait for this!
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #805 on: June 27, 2022, 03:51:46 PM »

I'm not terribly familiar with their work, but am well aware of their reputation and can't wait for this!

Without Florian Schneider (d. 2020) they may be less of a force but I think they'll still be worth the bucks.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #806 on: June 27, 2022, 03:54:43 PM »

Without Florian Schneider (d. 2020) they may be less of a force but I think they'll still be worth the bucks.

He stopped performing with the band in 2006.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #807 on: June 27, 2022, 04:13:00 PM »

Oh it'll be worth it - I assume it's their 3D show - the visuals were stunning when I saw them a few years ago. And judging by a couple of recent youtube clips, they've updated them (and the setlist). Enjoy it!

Flobbadob!
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #808 on: June 27, 2022, 04:57:21 PM »

Oh it'll be worth it - I assume it's their 3D show - the visuals were stunning when I saw them a few years ago. And judging by a couple of recent youtube clips, they've updated them (and the setlist). Enjoy it!

Indeed, ACL describes it as "Kraftwerk 3-D" Can't wait!
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #809 on: June 28, 2022, 11:19:29 AM »

Stones in Hyde Park this coming Sunday... lots of great reviews from last weekend, so really looking forward to this one.

Flobbadob!
JohnP69

« Reply #810 on: June 28, 2022, 07:48:51 PM »

Stones in Hyde Park this coming Sunday... lots of great reviews from last weekend, so really looking forward to this one.

Was there on Saturday.

You are indeed in for a treat sir!!
PJayBe

« Reply #811 on: July 01, 2022, 05:04:03 PM »

Off to see the Haley Sisters at Slaidburn Village Hall on Sunday afternoon.  Don't know a lot about them apart from the fact that they've been going for years and are supposed to be very good, so we'll give them a try!
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #812 on: July 02, 2022, 08:58:58 AM »

Now no longer an upcoming gig.
Just been informed that Elvis Costello at Portsmouth has now been cancelled rather than just postponed😢

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
garrypbrooks

« Reply #813 on: July 02, 2022, 09:13:24 AM »

Off to see the Haley Sisters at Slaidburn Village Hall on Sunday afternoon.  Don't know a lot about them apart from the fact that they've been going for years and are supposed to be very good, so we'll give them a try!

I saw them over 10 years ago and they were very good, but had completely forgotten about them. Enjoy the gig!  Tiara
PJayBe

« Reply #814 on: July 04, 2022, 02:38:01 PM »

I saw them over 10 years ago and they were very good, but had completely forgotten about them. Enjoy the gig!  Tiara

About as middle-of-the-road as the white line down the A59, but a lot of fun nonetheless.
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #815 on: July 15, 2022, 09:16:39 AM »

Just got tickets for Bruce Springsteen for Next July in Hyde Park - wooo hoooo!
Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #816 on: July 20, 2022, 11:41:54 AM »

Help needed please.
I got tickets for James Taylor in Brighton last February. When they didn't arrive I paniced and discovered the concert had been postponed, I had had no contact from the venue or Ticket Line, but was assured they would be honoured for the rescheduled gig in October. I cannot make the new date so how do I cancel/resell as I have heard nothing since, and have nothing apart from my original booking confirmation?
Needless to say I'm seriously disappointed to miss it!
garrypbrooks

« Reply #817 on: July 20, 2022, 08:33:55 PM »

On Fri 22nd I'll be off to see The Chapin Sisters at St Edith's folk club, Otford, Kent. Nieces of Harry Cahpin, this is a good article on them:
More at

https://www.folkradio.co.uk/2022/07/the-chapin-sisters-uk-tour/
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #818 on: July 20, 2022, 09:23:15 PM »

Just got tickets for Bruce Springsteen for Next July in Hyde Park - wooo hoooo!

Snap!   Cool

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #819 on: July 21, 2022, 09:14:14 AM »

Some chaps called Airport something at a brewery in a couple of weeks. Apparently hot off a cruise. I wonder if Jane McDonald will join them...

Flobbadob!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: