TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:09:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344491 times)
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #740 on: April 13, 2022, 04:17:08 PM »

I recently bought a biography of the band - We Can Swing Together: The Story Of Lindisfarne - by John Van Der Kiste, which came out in 2017. Haven't read it yet and it's rather slight at a mere 176 pages, but I imagine it's relatively up to date.

Didn't know about that one.  Will investigate  Smiley

The author has written books on Mott The Hoople, Steeleye Span & Steve Winwood among others although historical biographies seem to be his main stock-in-trade. He's got a vast bibliography so I'm assuming there's not going to be Johnny Rogan-style depth but, having skimmed a few pages, he writes well so I'm expecting it to be worth a read.
JohnP69

« Reply #741 on: April 15, 2022, 08:23:14 AM »

Saving Grace tonight at Scunthorpe Baths
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #742 on: April 15, 2022, 09:31:31 AM »

Ian McNabb at Boileroom (sic) Guildford tonight. Excited - it's been 3 years since I've seen him (pandemic allowing, obviously).
PJayBe

« Reply #743 on: April 15, 2022, 12:15:32 PM »

Ian McNabb at Boileroom (sic) Guildford tonight. Excited - it's been 3 years since I've seen him (pandemic allowing, obviously).

Seeing him next Friday in Preston.  Meanwhile, on the subject of Liverpudlians with the first name of Ian, it's the marvellous Celtic tinged, left wing, rock-folk of Ian Prowse tomorrow night.  Will have to force myself to visit Wigan to do it mind.....
wayne stote

« Reply #744 on: April 15, 2022, 01:51:11 PM »

FM, at The Patti, in Swansea, tomorrow night. First time I'll have seen them since 1985, when they were the support act for REO Speedwagon at the Hammersmith Odeon.
PJayBe

« Reply #745 on: April 16, 2022, 01:45:30 PM »

FM, at The Patti, in Swansea, tomorrow night. First time I'll have seen them since 1985, when they were the support act for REO Speedwagon at the Hammersmith Odeon.

Saw them last week, they're in great form.  New album is a cracker.
wayne stote

« Reply #746 on: April 17, 2022, 10:22:54 AM »

Saw them last week, they're in great form.  New album is a cracker.

Excellent show. Bought the new album at the gig. My first since Indiscreet! Great to see them again after all this time.

Arrived too late to catch Grand Slam - heavy traffic travelling down from Leeds - another band I haven't seen since since the early Eighties. Their album, from a year or two ago, is very good so it was a shame to miss them.
PJayBe

« Reply #747 on: April 24, 2022, 04:58:54 PM »

Slight change of pace tonight as we're off to see Corinne Bailey Rae at The Albert Halls in Manchester.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #748 on: April 27, 2022, 11:00:25 AM »

Big Big Train have just announced a new lead singer, replacing David Longdon after his sad death, and that the concert in Aylesbury on 2nd Sept (already re-arranged twice since the original date in July 2020) will go ahead.  Bought that ticket in Feb 2020, so I will have held it for just about the same length of time as my Cropredy ticket by the time it finally happens!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
PJayBe

« Reply #749 on: April 27, 2022, 04:31:12 PM »

Saving Grace tonight in Stockport at the Plaza, another new venue for us to attend.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #750 on: April 28, 2022, 05:56:26 PM »

Big Big Train have just announced a new lead singer, replacing David Longdon after his sad death, and that the concert in Aylesbury on 2nd Sept (already re-arranged twice since the original date in July 2020) will go ahead.  Bought that ticket in Feb 2020, so I will have held it for just about the same length of time as my Cropredy ticket by the time it finally happens!
I think Alberto Bravin will do very well!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #751 on: April 28, 2022, 06:16:48 PM »

Oysterband in Glawster this coming Sunday evening.  Smiley

Flobbadob!
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #752 on: April 29, 2022, 01:21:56 PM »

Oysterband in Glawster this coming Sunday evening.  Smiley

I'm going to see them too, but I'll have to wait till September. I'm sure you'll have a great time. I really like their  new album.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
PJayBe

« Reply #753 on: April 29, 2022, 04:55:54 PM »

Ian McNabb tonight in Blackpool, Fairport Convention (remember them?) on Sunday in Bury.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #754 on: May 02, 2022, 04:27:46 PM »

The Who, Moody Center, Austin, Texas, tomorrow night!

It looks as though they've sold better than two thirds of the tickets. The stratospheric original ticket prices appear to have been slightly reduced. Floor seats close to the stage are going for $201/per plus fees. I think these were about $300 originally. The nosebleed seats are practically sold out at $100/per.

This will be the first of three Who shows this week, pour moi. Wish me luck and stamina. I haven't done three Who shows in succession since 2015, when I followed them all over Texas thinking it would be their final tour.  Smiley
Martin F

Loc: Bicester

« Reply #755 on: May 03, 2022, 10:29:58 AM »

Larkin Poe - Thursday.

Do androids dream of electric sheep?
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #756 on: May 04, 2022, 02:20:37 AM »

The Who, Moody Center, Austin, Texas, tomorrow night!

It looks as though they've sold better than two thirds of the tickets. The stratospheric original ticket prices appear to have been slightly reduced. Floor seats close to the stage are going for $201/per plus fees. I think these were about $300 originally. The nosebleed seats are practically sold out at $100/per.

This will be the first of three Who shows this week, pour moi. Wish me luck and stamina. I haven't done three Who shows in succession since 2015, when I followed them all over Texas thinking it would be their final tour.  Smiley

This did make me chortle... https://twitter.com/geraintgriffith/status/1521138339256090630?t=NFjYF7CdYn_tL1JsJoA6Xg&s=19&fbclid=IwAR29hPZXSc_hEuLN1lSQAWYN0OiMHVswntEc4QI2kIKzP5CqrklsQrsMnSY

Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #757 on: May 04, 2022, 09:07:58 PM »

The Hanging Stars at Gullivers in Manchester tomorrow.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #758 on: May 05, 2022, 02:21:18 PM »

Was just about to book tickets to see Kate Rusby in Ilfracombe at the end of the month, when I realised it has disappeared off her webiste and the theatre's. I emailed the theatre and they confirmed it had been cancelled but gave no reason.

She is also playing Exeter, but in a small theatre which has been sold out for a while already.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #759 on: May 05, 2022, 03:05:16 PM »

Tonight, The Who, at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas!

Second of three Who shows this week (with Colin Hay sandwiched in between). Live is back with a vengeance. disease be darned.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: