TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:56:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344592 times)
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #700 on: April 02, 2022, 12:41:37 PM »

Ticket secured this morning.

Flobbadob!
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #701 on: April 02, 2022, 10:04:59 PM »

Just made a last minute decision to see living legend Diana Ross at the Germania Insurance Amphitheatre tonight.

If anyone is feeling nostalgic, I cannot recommend highly enough the DVD of "The T.A.M.I. Show" from 1964, described here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T.A.M.I._Show

The Supremes, Smokey Robinson, James Brown, The Beach Boys, The Rolling Stones, etc., etc. The house band included Leon Russell and Hal Blaine. The dancers included Toni Basil and Teri Garr.
Glen S
and I do love a bit of Macca whimsy

Loc: Oxford

« Reply #702 on: April 03, 2022, 12:02:10 PM »

A last minute decision to see Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets at the New Theatre Oxford on April 19th...I think I may have grabbed one of the last remaining circle tickets, so really pleased! Smiley A service bus in & out of Oxford & home well before midnight, which suits me just fine these days! Wink
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #703 on: April 04, 2022, 11:00:27 AM »

Australian Pink Floyd are touring this summer. They're at the new Swansea arena Friday, October 28.

Since I missed them at Cropredy in 2014 (you either know the story or you don't) and Wendy liked them a lot, it seems like a good thing to go to.

Expensive, but worth it I reckon.

Saw them at Hammersmith Odeon (or whatever they call it these days) about 3 years ago. They were great!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #704 on: April 06, 2022, 08:30:57 AM »

Due to my prioritising a 1st Birthday Party in Oz over the gig, I have a ticket for Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets at G-Live in Guildford for sale.  Wed 20th April.  £47 inc fees.  It's a PDF and I have it in hand ready to send.  Drop me a line or share with anybody that might want it.  Gig sold out now.  Ta.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #705 on: April 06, 2022, 09:09:15 AM »

Probably of less interest to people on here but due to attempted Covid avoidance prior to going to Oz, I also have tickets for Steve Ignorant doing his Crass sets at the Concorde 2 in Brighton (this Fri) and Rockaway Park (nr Bristol) this Sat.  Both are, I think, sold out, but open to offers.  PDF tickets for both.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #706 on: April 06, 2022, 03:03:45 PM »

Probably of less interest to people on here but due to attempted Covid avoidance prior to going to Oz, I also have tickets for Steve Ignorant doing his Crass sets at the Concorde 2 in Brighton (this Fri) and Rockaway Park (nr Bristol) this Sat.  Both are, I think, sold out, but open to offers.  PDF tickets for both.
Might be worth contacting the venues for all 3 of those gigs David. Some keep reserve lists of people who couldn't get tickets (I think all venues should but it's not always practical)

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #707 on: April 06, 2022, 03:08:40 PM »

Might be worth contacting the venues for all 3 of those gigs David. Some keep reserve lists of people who couldn't get tickets (I think all venues should but it's not always practical)

Two of them have been moved and I can get credits for them, but I'd rather the tickets were used tbh and none are at venues I'm hugely likely to go to again.  I'm still torturing myself about the Unthanks as I so want to see the big band and we've got front row centre balcony tickets in Liverpool 36 hrs before I supposedly fly.  Head and heart thing that one...

Field 7 is Heaven (Trev)
Field 7 deserter

Loc: Gogledd Cymru

I know where my towel is

« Reply #708 on: April 06, 2022, 03:52:21 PM »

Faun at the ( third attempt after two Covid postponements) Union Chapel this Saturday.

So looking forward to this.
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #709 on: April 06, 2022, 03:59:57 PM »

I've booked tickets for Flook at the Brewery Arts Centre in Kendal on the 28th. They're in the main theatre rather than the Malt Room which must feel a bit covid-claustrophobic these days with its low ceiling.

Their tour starts on the 21st April and ends on the 21st May and then they play various festivals over the summer.

https://flook.co.uk/tour-list/

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #710 on: April 06, 2022, 09:13:33 PM »

Just booked up for Bellowhead in Cardiff in November.

That's where we saw them on their farewell tour in 2016, so what goes around comes around.

Apart from the ticket price. That just went up. And up.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 11:24:28 PM by Andy » Logged

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #711 on: April 06, 2022, 11:01:10 PM »

Two of them have been moved and I can get credits for them, but I'd rather the tickets were used tbh and none are at venues I'm hugely likely to go to again.  I'm still torturing myself about the Unthanks as I so want to see the big band and we've got front row centre balcony tickets in Liverpool 36 hrs before I supposedly fly.  Head and heart thing that one...
Difficult decision!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #712 on: April 07, 2022, 10:59:05 AM »

That's where we saw them on their farewell tour in 2016, so what goes around comes around.

What's the comparison?

Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #713 on: April 07, 2022, 12:03:00 PM »

Due to my prioritising a 1st Birthday Party in Oz over the gig, I have a ticket for Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets at G-Live in Guildford for sale.  Wed 20th April.  £47 inc fees.  It's a PDF and I have it in hand ready to send.  Drop me a line or share with anybody that might want it.  Gig sold out now.  Ta.

Had it been this week, when I'm 'baby-sitting' my Dad in Guildford while Mum has a well-deserved break, I'd have jumped on that.  

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Glen S
and I do love a bit of Macca whimsy

Loc: Oxford

« Reply #714 on: April 07, 2022, 12:27:18 PM »

Hugh Cornwell Electric this evening at Arlington Arts, Newbury...Just realised that the last time I saw Hugh play live was at The Cape of Good Hope public house, Oxford (1990s), and The Stranglers, New Theatre Oxford (1979), when I was extremely young!...Really can't work out where the time has gone!! Shocked
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #715 on: April 07, 2022, 02:39:43 PM »

What's the comparison?
It's too long ago for exact figures, but let's say they've more than doubled. And we're much further back.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #716 on: April 07, 2022, 07:39:33 PM »

Next probable gig - Music of Cream at 3Ten Live, baby sister of ACL Live.

This is Kofi Baker's and Andy Johns' Cream/Eric Clapton tribute band. They parted ways with Malcolm Bruce shortly after we saw them a few years ago, which is a shame (he's a great player and sings just like Dad). Nevertheless, it was an impressive show and I look forward to seeing 2/3ds of them again.
garrypbrooks

« Reply #717 on: April 08, 2022, 08:46:40 AM »

Hugh Cornwell Electric this evening at Arlington Arts, Newbury...Just realised that the last time I saw Hugh play live was at The Cape of Good Hope public house, Oxford (1990s), and The Stranglers, New Theatre Oxford (1979), when I was extremely young!...Really can't work out where the time has gone!! Shocked

Hope he was better than when he was at Wickham a few years ago.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #718 on: April 08, 2022, 09:01:38 AM »

Next probable gig - Music of Cream at 3Ten Live, baby sister of ACL Live.

This is Kofi Baker's and Andy Johns' Cream/Eric Clapton tribute band. They parted ways with Malcolm Bruce shortly after we saw them a few years ago, which is a shame (he's a great player and sings just like Dad). Nevertheless, it was an impressive show and I look forward to seeing 2/3ds of them again.

I love the fact the next generation are falling out in the same way as their parents did.  That's the real tribute here....

StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #719 on: April 08, 2022, 10:51:45 AM »

Lindisfarne at Bury Met on Sat 16th. My first trip home to England since Covid and thrilled to be ticking off one of my top bucket list bands

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: