TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:22:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344868 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #680 on: March 29, 2022, 11:28:55 AM »

I only saw Roxy the once, in the very early days supporting Quintessence. They were OK, apart from O'List, but we couldn't work out where the bvs were coming from. Of course it was Eno from the desk.

Now that, I would have liked to see....

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #681 on: March 30, 2022, 12:37:06 PM »

Rick Wakeman and the English Rock Ensemble.

Cheap ticket for this was worth the hour long online frustration. Password not recognised,  email not recognised, phone number not ... etc. Got there eventually.    Cool
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #682 on: March 30, 2022, 12:43:18 PM »

Cheap ticket for this was worth the hour long online frustration. Password not recognised,  email not recognised, phone number not ... etc. Got there eventually.    Cool

Which guest vocalist have you got?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #683 on: March 30, 2022, 01:56:21 PM »

Jealous  Sad I wish they were coming nearer to home, on the only day I might have been able to go I'm doing something else.

Enjoy it  Smiley

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #684 on: March 30, 2022, 01:59:32 PM »

Jealous  Sad I wish they were coming nearer to home, on the only day I might have been able to go I'm doing something else.

Enjoy it  Smiley

Thanks Bridget.  It's on a Sunday night  which for me is a good night to go out.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #685 on: March 31, 2022, 12:41:25 PM »

Got my tickets for Roxy this morning £88 each, tickets at of He prices were available but I'm not taking my U boat captains binoculars to the Manchester Arena

The Dude abides
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #686 on: March 31, 2022, 12:45:46 PM »

Got my tickets for Roxy this morning £88 each, tickets at of He prices were available but I'm not taking my U boat captains binoculars to the Manchester Arena

I'm almost jealous (guy) for you, Jim.  Enjoy.

Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #687 on: March 31, 2022, 04:22:37 PM »

- How much are they charging?

- Jim says you can get tickets for at "of He" prices.

- Which Jim, the U boat captain?

- Yeah, that's the one, but he doesn't like to take his binoculars out anymore.

- What does he mean by "of He" prices?

- Nobody knows, son. Nobody knows.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #688 on: March 31, 2022, 05:04:09 PM »

"of He" - who am the only one?  Wink

Flobbadob!
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #689 on: March 31, 2022, 07:43:55 PM »

Just booked Roxy with opening act (and Gen Z superstar) St. Vincent, at the Moody Center in Austin, October 21!

There were many front row seats offered at about $1,600 a pop. We snagged seats on Row 13, not the most expensive but not the least. Very happy. I suspect Annie may attract as many ticket buyers as the headliners. She is extremely popular round these parts.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #690 on: March 31, 2022, 08:17:16 PM »

On a related subject, ticket sales for The Who in Texas about 5 weeks from now are extremely soft.

I know nothing about the music business, really, but I don't see how anyone involved can make money on these shows when they sell 1/3 of the available tickets. I also think they would fill far more seats if they would cut the prices in half. Just an observation.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #691 on: March 31, 2022, 09:37:57 PM »

"of He" - who am the only one?  Wink
Grin

Nice!

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #692 on: March 31, 2022, 09:44:48 PM »

On a related subject, ticket sales for The Who in Texas about 5 weeks from now are extremely soft.

I know nothing about the music business, really, but I don't see how anyone involved can make money on these shows when they sell 1/3 of the available tickets. I also think they would fill far more seats if they would cut the prices in half. Just an observation.

Depends on the deal. If a promoter thinks they can sell a certain venue and reckon they can make money on it, they might sign a fixed fee contract with the band. If they get it wrong, well… Even Harvey Goldsmith went broke once.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #693 on: April 01, 2022, 01:03:33 PM »

Fat fingers and auto spell mixed with the sheer excitement of seeing Roxy one last time do we not make for understandable texts.
Last time I was them was the Tour when "Viva" was recorded, 75 /76 I think.

I think I meant tickets at other prices were available going down to around £50, but having had more distant  seats in the arena before I decided to stump up more cash.
  But you know it wasn't all bad as it seems to have encouraged a Van der graaf  generator gag, and the least we can do is take the piss out of each other.

The Dude abides
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #694 on: April 01, 2022, 03:04:04 PM »

Someone in my house would love a gag for VDGG and a set of straitjackets for King Crimson...

Flobbadob!
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #695 on: April 01, 2022, 03:11:47 PM »

Someone in my house would love a gag for VDGG and a set of straitjackets for King Crimson...

Isnt that a bit Schizoid, man?

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #696 on: April 01, 2022, 04:35:32 PM »

Right, that's enough frippery, back on topic - my next gig will (should?!) be John Mclaughlin in Manchester at the end of May. But if anything takes my fancy before then...

Flobbadob!
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #697 on: April 01, 2022, 05:10:36 PM »

Australian Pink Floyd are touring this summer. They're at the new Swansea arena Friday, October 28.

Since I missed them at Cropredy in 2014 (you either know the story or you don't) and Wendy liked them a lot, it seems like a good thing to go to.

Expensive, but worth it I reckon.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #698 on: April 02, 2022, 07:11:33 AM »

When I glanced at my Facebook feed last night, the latest post was from Rob Doyle, with another instalment of his posts featuring songs from the new Oysterband album.

The very next post? Announcement of Oysterband playing Gloucester Guildhall on Sunday 1st May. So that's likely to be my next gig. Off to buy a ticket later...

Flobbadob!
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #699 on: April 02, 2022, 08:29:37 AM »

The very next post? Announcement of Oysterband playing Gloucester Guildhall on Sunday 1st May. So that's likely to be my next gig. Off to buy a ticket later...

Rescheduled from last September. Unlike previous visits, this one is seated.  Embarrassed

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: