TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:59:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344672 times)
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #620 on: January 28, 2022, 02:11:39 PM »

For anyone in London Mikey Kenney is playing Layton Technical Institute tonight.

He says he will be "fiddlin’ and singin’. 1st solo gig since all the chaos began almost two years ago.
Martin Callingham also playing - will be joyous!"

https://www.wegottickets.com/event/533358#

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #621 on: January 29, 2022, 12:02:00 AM »

Just booked - Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band at the soon-to-open Moody Center ATX in June 2022! This show sold out in minutes.

Just sold out as well - Bob Dylan at the Bass Concert Hall, March 2022. I looked at tickets briefly this morning, then realized it was smack in the middle of spring break, when I may be traveling. Oh well.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #622 on: January 30, 2022, 12:17:59 PM »

Teddy ‘Son Of’ Thompson in the heart of swinging downtown Bury St. Edmunds on Monday. A friend of mine is tour managing and has already been introduced to both Linda and Kami.  Smiley

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #623 on: January 30, 2022, 12:56:54 PM »

Teddy ‘Son Of’ Thompson in the heart of swinging downtown Bury St. Edmunds on Monday. A friend of mine is tour managing and has already been introduced to both Linda and Kami.  Smiley

From FB it looks like Zak might be the star of the show...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Shane (Skirky)
Global Moderator

« Reply #624 on: January 31, 2022, 11:14:58 PM »

Teddy really does have the most magnificent voice, and quite the back catalogue to show it off with. Also wickedly, drily funny and, yes, Zak Hobbs certainly has a way with the twangy guitar. Redolent of…ooh, the name’s on the tip of my tongue…  Cool
Shame I missed the show earlier on the tour when TT threw ‘Persuasion’ into the set on a whim.  Shocked

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #625 on: February 01, 2022, 12:27:10 AM »

Just received notification that James Taylor’s European tour in 2022 has been postponed.
Rescheduled dates not yet known.
I had tickets for the Brighton gig 😢

You were lucky! I only found out when I tried to find out why I hadn't received my tickets, 4 days ago! Very annoyed is putting it mildly!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #626 on: February 01, 2022, 08:41:50 AM »

Teddy really does have the most magnificent voice, and quite the back catalogue to show it off with. Also wickedly, drily funny and, yes, Zak Hobbs certainly has a way with the twangy guitar. Redolent of…ooh, the name’s on the tip of my tongue…  Cool
Shame I missed the show earlier on the tour when TT threw ‘Persuasion’ into the set on a whim.  Shocked

I remember first seeing Teddy playing with his Dad at Theatr Brycheiniog back in the 90s.  Impressive support work then, but I've not paid a huge amount of attention in the intervening quarter of a century tbh, and there's nothing I have heard which has really excited me hugely.  Can you suggest some career highs to check out?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Shane (Skirky)
Global Moderator

« Reply #627 on: February 01, 2022, 01:34:41 PM »

'Separate Ways' is the one with the familiar names and voices, but my personal go-to is 'Bella'. You know how it is though - the best way to get an artist's entire discography listed for you is to ask a room full of TAWers what their favourite album is.  Cheesy

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #628 on: February 02, 2022, 10:35:37 AM »

Sea Power small album launch gigs  Smiley

https://linktr.ee/seapowerband?fbclid=IwAR3QcG7u1rYPU17SrSyrq0Dk_3kKYNakFaQJjYUNaqDqF4kyPy-YQj98NUw

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #629 on: February 02, 2022, 04:43:27 PM »

Merry Hell have posted this on Twitter -

Unfortunately Covid has hit the camp and we are unable to visit Morecambe Platform and Harrogate Folk Club this weekend. Dates have been rearranged and all ticket holders will be notified.

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #630 on: February 02, 2022, 05:31:59 PM »

Fairport tomorrow in Exeter - yay!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #631 on: February 03, 2022, 12:01:56 AM »

The Two (a/k/a Who's Left) are scheduled to perform at the New Orleans Jazz Fest in April, and they have reactivated their fan club at thewho.com. Do these developments portend a tour? COVID forced them to cancel several U.S. dates in 2020, including my neighbors Dallas and Houston, Texas. Will they make up these dates? inquiring minds want to know.
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #632 on: February 03, 2022, 12:21:47 AM »

Toyah on Friday then Fairport a week later. Can't wait!
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #633 on: February 07, 2022, 04:34:55 PM »

The Two (a/k/a Who's Left) are scheduled to perform at the New Orleans Jazz Fest in April, and they have reactivated their fan club at thewho.com. Do these developments portend a tour? COVID forced them to cancel several U.S. dates in 2020, including my neighbors Dallas and Houston, Texas. Will they make up these dates? inquiring minds want to know.

Call me Nostradamus. A U.S. tour in April/May and October/November, dates posted at www.thewho.com. I am tentatively planning to attend Austin, Dallas and The Woodlands (Houston). It will be a busy May.  Smiley
Peter Allen

« Reply #634 on: February 07, 2022, 06:07:07 PM »

Iain Matthews at Barton , Ropery Hall on Saturday night , just a short drive  over the Humber Bridge
Lovely venue , staffed by really nice people too
Should be a great night , his voice seems  as magical as ever
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #635 on: February 11, 2022, 04:20:44 PM »

Much delayed Suzanne Vega at Liverpool Philharmonic tomorrow, never seen her before looking forward to it.

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #636 on: February 12, 2022, 08:41:36 AM »

Anybody here seen a tribute group called "Cold Flame perform the music of Jethro Tull"?  If so, are they worth £6 of my hard earned?

John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #637 on: February 15, 2022, 06:56:57 PM »

Thinking about "Kansas" at ACL Live Thursday evening.

The current band has a whopping two original members - drummer Phil Ehart and guitarist Rich Williams. The bassist and violinist are longtime members, who directly replaced original members back in the 1980s. Original singer Steve Walsh retired several years ago, with his voice in sharp decline. He was replaced by a journeyman singer/truck driver named Ronnie Platt, who had a long career singing in midwestern bands covering Journey, Foreigner, Bad Company, and Kansas. I watched some Youtube videos and Platt has an athletic voice. I have no doubt he can deliver the Kansas songs.

I think I should do this.
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #638 on: February 16, 2022, 08:39:09 AM »

Thinking about "Kansas" at ACL Live Thursday evening.

The current band has a whopping two original members - drummer Phil Ehart and guitarist Rich Williams. The bassist and violinist are longtime members, who directly replaced original members back in the 1980s. Original singer Steve Walsh retired several years ago, with his voice in sharp decline. He was replaced by a journeyman singer/truck driver named Ronnie Platt, who had a long career singing in midwestern bands covering Journey, Foreigner, Bad Company, and Kansas. I watched some Youtube videos and Platt has an athletic voice. I have no doubt he can deliver the Kansas songs.

I think I should do this.

The two Kansas studio albums that feature Ronnie Platt are very decent. He's definitely a strong singer though weirdly, he sounds more like John Elefante than Steve Walsh, to me. Regardless, he works well within the band. Should be an excellent show.
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #639 on: February 16, 2022, 11:26:03 AM »

Anybody here seen a tribute group called "Cold Flame perform the music of Jethro Tull"?  If so, are they worth £6 of my hard earned?

The clips on YouTube sound pretty decent; I’d go for it. If you do go, please let us know what you think!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: