TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:48:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 81   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 345235 times)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #600 on: November 20, 2021, 01:51:17 PM »

That sounds like fun. I enjoyed them at Cropredy.
Me too Smiley And we remembered to pre-book pizza this time so we'll get a proper table and chair, instead of having to sit on a hard wooden pew  Shocked

I love the Acapela. Such a great little venue, When you go, don't park in the car park next to it. Apparently it's owned by the pub across the road and they have CCTV, anyone parking for more than 10 minutes is liable to have a fine. They've been in dispute with the pub owners for a while.
This is true. They’re dishing out £60 fines. I would have thought it made far more sense to agree some kind of a partnership with pre-gig food, or even just charge people to park there if they’re going to gigs.
Anyway, we’ve been able to park within a few minutes walk the last few times we’ve been so not too bothered by it. It’s one of our favourite venues, only downside is it’s the other side of the M4 for us which can be a pain, it’s such a busy motorway. Won’t stop us going though!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #601 on: November 20, 2021, 09:04:47 PM »

Me too Smiley And we remembered to pre-book pizza this time so we'll get a proper table and chair, instead of having to sit on a hard wooden pew  Shocked

I love the Acapela. Such a great little venue, When you go, don't park in the car park next to it. Apparently it's owned by the pub across the road and they have CCTV, anyone parking for more than 10 minutes is liable to have a fine. They've been in dispute with the pub owners for a while.
This is true. They’re dishing out £60 fines. I would have thought it made far more sense to agree some kind of a partnership with pre-gig food, or even just charge people to park there if they’re going to gigs.
Anyway, we’ve been able to park within a few minutes walk the last few times we’ve been so not too bothered by it. It’s one of our favourite venues, only downside is it’s the other side of the M4 for us which can be a pain, it’s such a busy motorway. Won’t stop us going though!

When I lived in Barry I'd always go via St Fagans, no need to go anywhere near the motorway (and with the roadworks between 32 and 33, I don't touch the M4 when I travel back to Barry, either.)

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #602 on: November 20, 2021, 10:51:19 PM »

When I lived in Barry I'd always go via St Fagans, no need to go anywhere near the motorway (and with the roadworks between 32 and 33, I don't touch the M4 when I travel back to Barry, either.)
Oo I must check out that route. Thanks for the tip!

mickf
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #603 on: November 21, 2021, 03:05:07 PM »

Next Sunday (28th November) Show of Hands at St David's Hall, Cardiff. Although I've seen them many times, this will be the first time I've seen them as a duo. They've always been with Miranda or Cormac - and hopefully they will be again next time I see them.

Then on 8th December, St Agnes Fountain at the Acapela, Pentyrch. Another first, line up wise. The first time as a trio. I'm sure they'll be great, but I think I'll miss David Hughes' contributions, both musically and his wit.

Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #604 on: November 21, 2021, 06:25:31 PM »

Next Sunday (28th November) Show of Hands at St David's Hall, Cardiff. Although I've seen them many times, this will be the first time I've seen them as a duo. They've always been with Miranda or Cormac - and hopefully they will be again next time I see them.

Then on 8th December, St Agnes Fountain at the Acapela, Pentyrch. Another first, line up wise. The first time as a trio. I'm sure they'll be great, but I think I'll miss David Hughes' contributions, both musically and his wit.
See you on 8th Mick

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #605 on: November 29, 2021, 11:52:23 AM »

The Human League Dare 40th anniversary show at the Motorpoint in Cardiff also featuring Altered Images and Tom (Thompson Twins) Bailey

I've got a couple of very good spare tickets (Block 3 Row C).  You'll have to sit with my (very nice) chums.

Drop me a line if you're interested.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #606 on: December 01, 2021, 11:46:11 PM »

Contemplating Genesis: The Last Domino? in Boston, December 15.

It's a long way to go, but I take them at their word that this is it.
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #607 on: December 02, 2021, 10:47:43 AM »

Was supposed to be seeing James + Happy Mondays tomorrow at Manchester Arena, but youngest child has tested positive for covid, and the rest of us are awaiting PCR tests.

The event is sold out I think, so I was going to try and sell the tickets online. Can anyone advise the best, most reputable site to do this. Not looking to make a profit, face value would be great.

Of course, if anyone here wants them (2 tickets, seated upper tier) please IM me.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #608 on: December 02, 2021, 10:50:09 AM »

Was supposed to be seeing James + Happy Mondays tomorrow at Manchester Arena, but youngest child has tested positive for covid, and the rest of us are awaiting PCR tests.

The event is sold out I think, so I was going to try and sell the tickets online. Can anyone advise the best, most reputable site to do this. Not looking to make a profit, face value would be great.

Of course, if anyone here wants them (2 tickets, seated upper tier) please IM me.

Scarlet Mist, although to be honest Twitter seems to do the job pretty effectively these days.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #609 on: December 02, 2021, 06:05:20 PM »

Just booked - Eagles, at the new Moody Center in Austin, May 19, 2022!

They're doing the entire Hotel California album, as well as greatest hits, with new guys Vince Gill and Deacon Frey. I blew my entire 2022 concert budget on this one.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #610 on: December 02, 2021, 10:26:27 PM »

They're doing the entire Hotel California album, as well as greatest hits, with new guys Vince Gill and Deacon Frey. I blew my entire 2022 concert budget on this one.

Still taking the p!ss with their ticket prices then?

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #611 on: December 02, 2021, 10:53:53 PM »

Still taking the p!ss with their ticket prices then?

Jules

Indeed they are. Sad
On the bright side, this is a brand new facility, built to replace the clunky, cavernous, notorious Frank Erwin Center. It promises state-of-the-art sound and visual production, which is long overdue in my hometown. Major touring acts (e.g., U2, The Who) have largely bypassed Austin for decades, at first because of our then-small population, but more recently due to the absence of a facility of this size. With this arena opening in the spring, Austin should be able to offer all of the amenities of our larger siblings (Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio).
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #612 on: December 17, 2021, 08:16:14 PM »

Eliza and Jon Boden have cancelled the upcoming gig at Union Chapel. We had decided not to go but they are planning for it to go ahead another time.

https://www.unionchapel.org.uk/whats-on/the-wassail-with-jon-boden-eliza-carthy-cancelled

Reluctantly we have not gone to the St.Agnes Fountain concert tonight in Maldon  Cry
With a heavy heart but I'm just out of the 10 day isolation from covid.

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
mickf
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #613 on: December 19, 2021, 01:18:44 PM »

I was due to go to the Acapela, Pentyrch, tonight to see 'Awake, Arise' with Lady Maisery and Jimmy Aldridge & Sid Goldsmith. However I've just received an email from the venue saying it's been cancelled - apparently the band have decided to cancel the remaining dates on their tour 'due to the current situation'. I can appreciate the reasons, but it's disappointing nonetheless.

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #614 on: December 20, 2021, 02:17:48 PM »

Having had to cancel their pre-Chrimbo gigs, Lady Maisery - Hazel Askew, Hannah James and Rowan Rheingans - (and Jimmy Aldridge & Sid Goldsmith) are going online for a Yuletide bash.  I'm sure they could do with the support/cash.

https://www.onjam.tv/lady-maisery/awake-arise-a-Christmas-show-for-our-times

PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #615 on: January 07, 2022, 10:23:17 AM »

Just booked to see the John McLaughlin Quartet in Manchester at the end of May.  Smiley

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #616 on: January 07, 2022, 10:45:51 AM »

Just booked to see the John McLaughlin Quartet in Manchester at the end of May.  Smiley

Tempted but not quite enough I think.  I strongly suspect he won't play anything I want him to  Smiley In the scheme of things that's pretty reasonably priced though.  

PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #617 on: January 07, 2022, 12:03:22 PM »

With that line-up (Gary Husband, Etienne Mbappe and Ranjit Barot), they could play "Wombling Free" and I'd be quite happy.  Wink  Anything from the Mahavishnu Orchestra canon would/will be a bonus!

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #618 on: January 26, 2022, 01:43:14 PM »

Robyn Hitchcock confirms on FB that Kimberley Rew and Morris Windsor will guest at this.  Softboystastic.

https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whats-on/gigs/robyn-hitchcock

John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #619 on: January 26, 2022, 06:21:45 PM »

Tonight, Martin Barre and hopefully Clive Bunker (but no Dee Palmer I think) - Sam's Burger Joint in San Antonio, Texas!

50th Anniversary of Aqualung tour, postponed from 2020. I had originally booked their show at Dosey Doe's Big Barn in The Woodlands (north of Houston), but when he rescheduled I opted for a shorter commute.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 81   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: