TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:21:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344910 times)
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #500 on: August 05, 2021, 11:47:15 PM »

I slightly upgraded my Rolling Stones tickets. Ticketmaster finally offered to refund all purchases from the original sale, once the rescheduled date was announced. I returned my original tickets for a full refund and immediately bought two aisle seats in the same section for a bit less than I paid two years ago.  Smiley

Charlie's not good tonight.  Very disappointing.  Somewhat over dramatically I'm kind of in the "No Charlie, no Stones" camp myself... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/czxde05dzygo

First of all - great joke!

Secondly - couldn't agree more.

Jules

Edit: P.S. I stole your joke and posted it on Twitter. I actually credited you. Mainly because some people from here are also on there and one of them might have grassed me up.   Grin

Now be thankful for good things below
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #501 on: August 06, 2021, 01:22:07 AM »

A trickle of cancellations starting to come in.

Bachman-Cummings have postponed their Fall tour of the U.S. due to issues for travelers from Canada to the U.S.

Fairport's Fall cruise down the Danube is cancelled due to issues for travelers from the U.K. to Romania and Hungary.

I've got Clapton, the Stones, and others on the books from August through December. What's going to happen? The southern states (including big concert destinations like Florida and Texas) are aggressively blocking mask and vaccine mandates, meaning theoretically that the venues will be open with no restrictions. But they can't force cautious people to buy a ticket, let alone musicians to perform.
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #502 on: August 06, 2021, 08:32:23 AM »

Next up for me - assuming it doesn't get cancelled - is Lindisfarne, at Bradford Cathedral, in September. Should be a good one.  Smiley
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #503 on: August 09, 2021, 09:32:58 PM »

Next up for me - assuming it doesn't get cancelled - is Lindisfarne, at Bradford Cathedral, in September. Should be a good one.  Smiley

Well, they were in cracking form at Wickham last night.

Paul

wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #504 on: August 10, 2021, 12:00:22 AM »

Well, they were in cracking form at Wickham last night.

Paul

Excellent!

They usually are though.  Smiley
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #505 on: August 11, 2021, 01:07:38 PM »

Next up for me in Shropshire in October The Tannahill Weavers- not seen them before? Im hoping they will be good?

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Powys

« Reply #506 on: August 11, 2021, 02:57:24 PM »

Post Covid re-opening of the Pavilion in Llandrindod in September with a tribute band:- Hats off to Led Zeppelin. That should shake out any spiders lurking in the rafters!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #507 on: August 11, 2021, 04:12:25 PM »

Post Covid re-opening of the Pavilion in Llandrindod in September with a tribute band:- Hats off to Led Zeppelin. That should shake out any spiders lurking in the rafters!

They're supposed to be very good.  Managed by Warren (son of Peter) Grant apparently...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #508 on: August 12, 2021, 01:07:48 PM »

Ah the pavillion Llandod I remember bunking off down there from school... those were the days... My sister and I went to Llandod recently for a trip down memory lane and was so very sad at what the place has become..... Sad

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #509 on: August 19, 2021, 03:45:04 PM »

Sunday afternoon (August 22nd) at Barbar Cafe in Hereford. Weirdshire are putting on Steve Ashley.  Smiley

Tickets available here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/weirdshire-presents-steve-ashley-tickets-165344567051

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #510 on: August 19, 2021, 06:54:37 PM »

Sunday afternoon (August 22nd) at Barbar Cafe in Hereford. Weirdshire are putting on Steve Ashley.  Smiley

Tickets available here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/weirdshire-presents-steve-ashley-tickets-165344567051

Really want to be there but it's an hour each way and I think i'm going to struggle.  Do want to be there to see Diana Collier when she's playing next week, but we'll see....

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #511 on: August 20, 2021, 10:49:41 AM »

Tickets bought for Nick Cave & Warren Ellis at King’s Theatre, Southsea

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #512 on: August 20, 2021, 11:18:26 AM »

I've got a bumper October lined up - 10th Thea Gilmore (Acapela Studios, Pentyrch), 16th Lindisfarne (Grand Pavilion, Porthcawl) 21st Go Now, Moody Blues tribute act (Acapela) 23rd Steeleye Span (Pontardawe Arts Centre). The Lindisfarne gig was originally due to take place in March 2020, it 's been rescheduled twice, so fingers crossed this time. Thea Gilmore was also rescheduled from last year. Go Now is a new one for me. I'm not normally a fan of tribute acts, but I've seen some of their stuff online and I'm impressed. Also, it's more or less certain that the Moodies won't be touring again, so this is my only chance of catching anything of theirs live. The Steeleye Span one was an impulse purchase yesterday. It's the tail end of their 50th anniversary tour, which, of course, was brought to an abrupt halt by covid. I actually saw them in 2019 at the beginning of this tour!
Hopefully they'll all go ahead and go some way to taking the edge of the first anniversary of Barbara's death on the 28th of that month.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #513 on: August 20, 2021, 02:14:03 PM »

I've got a bumper October lined up - 10th Thea Gilmore (Acapela Studios, Pentyrch), 16th Lindisfarne (Grand Pavilion, Porthcawl) 21st Go Now, Moody Blues tribute act (Acapela) 23rd Steeleye Span (Pontardawe Arts Centre). The Lindisfarne gig was originally due to take place in March 2020, it 's been rescheduled twice, so fingers crossed this time. Thea Gilmore was also rescheduled from last year. Go Now is a new one for me. I'm not normally a fan of tribute acts, but I've seen some of their stuff online and I'm impressed. Also, it's more or less certain that the Moodies won't be touring again, so this is my only chance of catching anything of theirs live. The Steeleye Span one was an impulse purchase yesterday. It's the tail end of their 50th anniversary tour, which, of course, was brought to an abrupt halt by covid. I actually saw them in 2019 at the beginning of this tour!
Hopefully they'll all go ahead and go some way to taking the edge of the first anniversary of Barbara's death on the 28th of that month.

I thought Thea Gilmore wasn't Thea Gilmore any more?

mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #514 on: August 20, 2021, 05:13:22 PM »

Well, that's what it says on the ticket.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #515 on: August 20, 2021, 06:32:17 PM »

Just saw that Steeleye Span are playing in Barnstaple in October. Must get sorted for a ticket for that.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #516 on: August 20, 2021, 09:25:07 PM »

Well, that's what it says on the ticket.
She now wishes to be known as "Afterlight". So, "bitter", then? (As in Light and Bitter)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 11:53:54 PM by Andy » Logged

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #517 on: August 26, 2021, 10:07:40 AM »

Really want to be there but it's an hour each way and I think i'm going to struggle.  Do want to be there to see Diana Collier when she's playing next week, but we'll see....

Just in case anyone else is going specifically to see Diana in Hereford tonight, please note that she's not now playing.  I assume the gig (Diamond Family Archive) will go ahead without her...

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #518 on: September 01, 2021, 09:21:30 AM »

Just booked for Sea Power (RIP BSP) at the Albert Hall in Manchester for next April.  It's been too long....

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #519 on: September 01, 2021, 10:15:20 AM »

And just in case there are any Calderdale based Stereolab fans....fill your boots you lucky lucky things...this Fri at the Trades.

https://www.seetickets.com/event/stereolab/trades-club/2025385?fbclid=IwAR3C_8vanFjzS7AAWx_uetJ3BirKHWN638HonT651Z_KLxaWZb8gddLDfg8

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: