TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:34:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344619 times)
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #480 on: May 20, 2021, 11:32:28 AM »

Lots of dates from Katie Spencer  Smiley

Ach, none near me.   Sad
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #481 on: June 05, 2021, 10:15:22 PM »

Odd situation, but unexpectedly I have 2 spare tickets for Martyn Joseph at the Musician in Leicester on Monday. It was planned as 2 shows, and I bought for both, now it’s a single show and I have 2 I don’t need. Happy to give to anyone who would like to go.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #482 on: June 07, 2021, 09:03:53 PM »

King Crimson - HEB Center at Cedar Park, Texas, August 31, 2021!

Tix on sale Thursday. I don't know if any Cedar Park native has even heard of King Crimson, but I suspect folks from Austin (CP's immediate neighbor-to-the-south) will fill it to the rafters.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #483 on: June 11, 2021, 06:48:34 PM »

King Crimson - HEB Center at Cedar Park, Texas, August 31, 2021!

Tix on sale Thursday. I don't know if any Cedar Park native has even heard of King Crimson, but I suspect folks from Austin (CP's immediate neighbor-to-the-south) will fill it to the rafters.

Fourth row tickets procured. A fond memory - Jude weighed in on my open question to the forum whether I should buy a ticket to see KC for the first time a few years ago. Something to the effect that I "must" go. She was absolutely right!
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #484 on: June 11, 2021, 08:18:20 PM »

Roger Taylor, playing the old Boscombe Academy in October. I’ve got a soft spot for Rog’s solo records, especially Strange Frontier. Couldn’t resist seeing a rock legend 3 miles down the road from my house!
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #485 on: June 14, 2021, 09:59:47 PM »

When it rains, it pours.

Allegedly retired, vax-questioning guitar slinger Eric Clapton has announced a date at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas on September 15.

When I last saw him at the L.A. Forum in Inglewood some years back, I truly believed it would be the last time. I will open my wallet for him once more. Fun fact: Eric was my first concert at the Erwin Center, on the Money and Cigarettes tour way back on February 18, 1983.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #486 on: June 14, 2021, 10:12:21 PM »

When it rains, it pours.

Allegedly retired, vax-questioning guitar slinger Eric Clapton has announced a date at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas on September 15.

When I last saw him at the L.A. Forum in Inglewood some years back, I truly believed it would be the last time. I will open my wallet for him once more. Fun fact: Eric was my first concert at the Erwin Center, on the Money and Cigarettes tour way back on February 18, 1983.

I say save your money.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #487 on: June 15, 2021, 08:15:20 AM »

When it rains, it pours.

I say save your money.

Jules
So would I. Last time I saw him he was dire. The solo on Badge was done by a guy on a keyboard, whilst Clappedout just stood and watched him. His band were excellent but he was just going thru the motions. IMHO of course!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #488 on: June 16, 2021, 05:04:30 PM »

Henry Cow fans and others may be somewhat excited by this:

Yumi Hara Residency at Cafe OTO Sat 11-Sun 12 Sept 2021
【Yumi Hara retrospective focusing on the past 10 years of her activities, and launch of her 2nd solo album】
Sat 11 September 2021
featuring:
Itako Sisters (Yumi Hara + Atsuko Kamura)
THE WATTS (Yumi Hara, Tim Hodgkinson, Chris Cutler)
Chlöe Herington solo
Yumi solo material / Lindsay Cooper Songbook Alone+ / Canterbury Favourites
(Yumi Hara, Chris Cutler, Pierre Chevalier, Toshiaki Sudoh, Atsuko Kamura, Chloe Herington)
DJ Marina Organ
Sun 12 September 2021
featuring:
The Artaud Beats (Yumi Hara, Geoff Leigh, John Greaves, Chris Cutler)
monobeat (Zappi Diermeier, Elke Drapatz, Toshiaki Sudoh)
Jump for Joy! (Yumi Hara, Geoff Leigh, Jean-Hervé Péron, Zappi Diermaier, Geraldine Swayne, Chris Cutler)
DJ Kyle McCallum
day tickets: £20 members, £22 advance, £24 door
two-days tickets: £36 members, £40 advance

https://www.cafeoto.co.uk/events/yumi-hara-two-day-residency/?fbclid=IwAR1cQQ2RQ8vNSUOz197EJCwUJKTnqZ6OLaiZwNsj0J-a34Hz-W4FdORMUGc

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #489 on: June 18, 2021, 04:39:54 PM »

When it rains, it pours.

I say save your money.

Jules

I am definitely saving "some" of my money. I logged in for so-called "Platinum" tickets yesterday, and was offered two tickets in the second row for about $600 each. No thanks. I will log in again momentarily to see what "ordinary" tickets are available.
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #490 on: June 19, 2021, 02:26:43 PM »

Rheingans Sisters at More Music in Morecambe tomorrow. Sadly MrsB has to give it a miss as she was contacted by Track and Trace yesterday and is self-isolating until Wednesday. She volunteers at one of the museums in town and after being in one day last weekend she's been told that someone has tested positive.

Don't think we'll be booking for any more gigs until the Covid numbers start going down here in Lancs. It'll be interesting to see how many punters are there tomorrow.  Sad

But I'm looking forward to it. Not seen the Sisters before.

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #491 on: June 19, 2021, 10:12:08 PM »

Rheingans Sisters at More Music in Morecambe tomorrow. Sadly MrsB has to give it a miss as she was contacted by Track and Trace yesterday and is self-isolating until Wednesday. She volunteers at one of the museums in town and after being in one day last weekend she's been told that someone has tested positive.

Don't think we'll be booking for any more gigs until the Covid numbers start going down here in Lancs. It'll be interesting to see how many punters are there tomorrow.  Sad

But I'm looking forward to it. Not seen the Sisters before.

Saw them just before lockdown with my sister at that venue, they are hugely talented musicians and the recent songs they have produced have been excellent, they seem to get better with each album. There influences vary and make for interesting arrangements, which keep the attention and constantly surprise and the harmonies of the sisters are brilliant. I saw Rowan solo in a local village hall last week with an audience of under 20, she performed Dispatches on the Red Dress, which I will hopefully see for the third time in November in Leeds, and the crowd size in no way diminish the quality of the perfomance. There is such innovation and diversity in the folk scene at the moment and though some of it may seem a bit bit intertwined, with people like Lady Maisery, and the furrow collective and remnants of bellowhead, none of them rest on past glories and seem to develop in so many new and interesting ways, and covid may have dampened spirits, and damaged careers, but not stopped so much great stuff being produced. I love more music and it's the ideal venue for a small crowd. Hope you enjoy.

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #492 on: July 09, 2021, 05:24:51 PM »

Off to the Ely Festival on Sunday.  The clash with the footie is slightly annoying, but live music has got to take precedence!
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #493 on: July 23, 2021, 04:19:42 AM »

Finally rescheduled for late November
The Rolling Stones at the Circuit of the Americas!

We’ve been holding onto our tickets since the original date was postponed in February last year.
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #494 on: July 24, 2021, 05:45:52 PM »

Elton John in June next year. No,  im not going, but I was sufficient ly interested to log onto the ticket site about 3 hours after they went on sale.  The 50 quid ones, which were the cheapest, plus booking fee, were all gone.  I'm only slightly disappointed as I only really like his early albums and there's a bit of nostalgia for me about them. The concert is in a large venue so I doubt the paupers' seats would have allowed much of a view.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #495 on: July 25, 2021, 05:33:42 AM »

I slightly upgraded my Rolling Stones tickets. Ticketmaster finally offered to refund all purchases from the original sale, once the rescheduled date was announced. I returned my original tickets for a full refund and immediately bought two aisle seats in the same section for a bit less than I paid two years ago.  Smiley
dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #496 on: July 27, 2021, 09:33:42 PM »

Iain Matthews and Andy Roberts are playing at the Half Moon on August 12th.  Part of a short UK tour to promote their latest album on Angel Air Records (a live concert from 1991)

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #497 on: August 05, 2021, 11:48:34 AM »

I slightly upgraded my Rolling Stones tickets. Ticketmaster finally offered to refund all purchases from the original sale, once the rescheduled date was announced. I returned my original tickets for a full refund and immediately bought two aisle seats in the same section for a bit less than I paid two years ago.  Smiley

Charlie's not good tonight.  Very disappointing.  Somewhat over dramatically I'm kind of in the "No Charlie, no Stones" camp myself... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/czxde05dzygo

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #498 on: August 05, 2021, 06:08:39 PM »

Charlie's not good tonight.  Very disappointing.  Somewhat over dramatically I'm kind of in the "No Charlie, no Stones" camp myself... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/czxde05dzygo

This is quite a kick in the solar plexus. Instead of the Rolling Stones, we're going to see the X-Pensive Winos, featuring special guests Mick Jagger and Ronnie Wood. Sad
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #499 on: August 05, 2021, 07:34:43 PM »

This is quite a kick in the solar plexus. Instead of the Rolling Stones, we're going to see the X-Pensive Winos, featuring special guests Mick Jagger and Ronnie Wood. Sad

I saw them back in around 1990 when Bill was still in the band. Rather lost interest in the Stones after he left.

But I saw him with his Rhythm Kings in a small venue several years later and that was a great gig. Never seen anyone make playing the bass guitar look so effortless.

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: