TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:19:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344841 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #460 on: March 22, 2021, 11:23:11 AM »

Steven Wilson tour cancelled.  This is from Steven on social media:

Sadly for the second time I am forced to postpone my tour to promote THE FUTURE BITES - the rescheduled dates were due to begin in September. While recent developments made me at least optimistic that the UK shows might have been able to go ahead (though no guarantee), the same is not true of much of the rest of Europe. With it now clear that it would not have been possible to proceed with many of the shows I have reluctantly made the decision to cancel the whole tour. As a solo artist so many of my expenses are in advance, rehearsal and musician costs, developing the production, so to then only be able to perform a handful of shows at best would simply not have been financially feasible. Once again I must apologise for the disappointment and any inconvenience caused.
I plan to use the time creatively and to complete and release 2 new albums I have in progress in 2022 and 2023 respectively. With that in mind it makes more sense for me to now look forward to touring these albums instead, and to incorporate the TFB ideas and songs.
In the meantime there is more TFB related music on the way over the coming months in the form of some fantastic remixes and a release for the song ANYONE BUT ME, which was originally the closing track on the album but which I replaced with COUNT OF UNEASE. Right now I’m also working hard to finish my book which will be published later this year by Little, Brown and Company - news on all this soon.
The world is totally messed up at the moment, and the cancellation of my tour is not especially significant in the grand scheme of things, all the same I was very excited to be finally getting out there and interacting with real musicians in front of a real audience again, so this is a real blow.
Thanks again for your understanding and patience. S x

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Glen S
and I do love a bit of Macca whimsy

Loc: Oxford

« Reply #461 on: March 22, 2021, 01:08:05 PM »

The Monochrome Set, South Street Arts Centre, Reading, September 25th.

I've no idea what the venue set up will be, or if it will actually happen at all  Sad, but I remain optimistic... Smiley
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #462 on: March 22, 2021, 01:26:37 PM »

The Monochrome Set, South Street Arts Centre, Reading, September 25th.

I've no idea what the venue set up will be, or if it will actually happen at all  Sad, but I remain optimistic... Smiley

Current touring schedule is:

18/09/2021 - Amersham Arms, London
25/09/2021 - South Street Arts Centre, Reading
20/11/2021 - The Thunderbolt, Bristol
04/12/2021 - The Soundhouse, Leicester, UK
05/02/2022 - The Adelphi Club, Hull, UK
05/03/2022 - The Greystones, Sheffield, UK
12/03/2022- The Con Club, Lewes, UK  
19/03/2022 - The Deaf Institute, Manchester, UK
14/05/2022 - The Trades Club, Hebden Bridge, UK

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #463 on: March 22, 2021, 01:49:34 PM »

Somebody on the Fairport FB pages was lamenting the further postponement of a tour (not by Fairport). As I said there, I am now quite pessimistic that anything much will happen by way of public gatherings this year. The mood music in the scientific community seems to be that it would be unwise and that some form of social distancing will need to continue for another couple of years.  Sad

Within minutes of me posting that, the prime minister publicly said that the European third wave was likely to impact the UK. Sadly, I think the roadmap is likely to shortly be re-routed into a cul de sac.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:06:48 PM by GubGub (Al) » Logged
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #464 on: March 22, 2021, 02:32:40 PM »

Somebody on the Fairport FB pages was lamenting the further postponement of a tour (not by Fairport). As I said there, I am now quite pessimistic that anything much will happen by way of public gatherings this year. The mood music in the scientific community seems to be that it would be unwise and that some form of social distancing will need to continue for another couple of years.  Sad

Within minutes of me posting that, the prime minister publicly said that the European third wave was likely to impact the UK. Sadly, I think the roadmap is likely to shortly be re-routed into a cul de sac.

As a natural pessimist I'm pretty much with you too, Al.  I suspect the chances of festivals are probably still higher than anything other than socially distanced small scale indoor gigs....although personally I wouldn't put much dosh on them either.  We will see...

blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #465 on: March 22, 2021, 04:06:53 PM »

Sold for £280 -

https://auctions.pbauctioneers.co.uk/catalogue/lot/e6716a9eefef6b3958336d31817363a4/64f9c22c694714fcd8c0ac2ebfa3acc6/antique-interiors-decorative-art-paintings-silver-lot-317/
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #466 on: March 22, 2021, 07:50:56 PM »

Postponements and cancellations are trickling in. The Monkees moved their spring/summer tour to the fall and cancelled Austin. Today, Kenny Chesney cancelled a big stadium tour set for later this year. It's very hard to tell what 2021 will look like. Even though my state has declared itself "open for business," the reality is that artists and venues are not planning shows right now, and the ones already on the books are hanging by a thread.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #467 on: March 23, 2021, 11:17:01 AM »

Stephen Wilson has cancelled his entire 2021/2022 Tour, as he can't guarantee he can do the bit on mainland Europe, so he's got 2 new albums planned instead and will tour those at a (much) later date. I suppose it makes sense when you consider the logistics of a tour, especially one with his type of stage show, but I am disappointed.

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Sue & Chris

« Reply #468 on: March 26, 2021, 01:52:46 PM »

The Decemberists have cancelled their US tour and announced three 'streaming shows' - on 11th, 18th and 25th April.

http://www.decemberists.com/uncategorized/20th-anniversary-celebration-streaming-shows/
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #469 on: March 26, 2021, 03:06:40 PM »

Dennis DeYoung 40th anniversary of "The Grand Illusion" cancelled June 2021 Austin show (previously moved from June 2020), with no rescheduled date.

Martin Barre/Clive Bunker/Dee Palmer 50th anniversary of "Aqualung" U.S. tour moved again, from September/October 2021 to January/February 2022.

With these and other cancellations, I have a grand total of three remaining prepaid tickets for 2021 shows: Felix Cavaliere's Rascals in September, Doobie Brothers 50th Anniversary tour with Michael McDonald in October, and (what's left of) Three Dog Night in December. I have no confidence these shows will go forward as scheduled; Rascals and Doobies were initially placed on sale before social distancing guidelines rolled out, so the ticketed seats are packed tightly together like in the good old days. I can't imagine the venues/audiences/artists will be happy with such an arrangement anytime soon. (Rolling Stones tickets still in hand; no rescheduled date and no cancellation, either.)
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #470 on: April 14, 2021, 12:15:02 PM »

I see that nice Clive Gregson is supporting The Blockheads on tour. Could be a noisy first set, at least for him.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #471 on: May 03, 2021, 07:33:40 PM »

Cecil Sharp House have announced a series of live gigs in May and June, their first in over a year.  The artists include Show of Hands, Oysterband, Lady Maisery, and others.

Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #472 on: May 03, 2021, 10:21:28 PM »

Rowan Rheingans is touring Dispatches on the Red Dress, it is an amazing show based around the story of her German Grandparents. The music, songs and story she tells are brilliant. There are 2 gigs in Cumbria if I hadn’t already seen the show in Lancaster and waiting for a postponed performance in Leeds I would be going to both.

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #473 on: May 04, 2021, 04:06:42 PM »

Rowan Rheingans is touring Dispatches on the Red Dress, it is an amazing show based around the story of her German Grandparents. The music, songs and story she tells are brilliant. There are 2 gigs in Cumbria if I hadn’t already seen the show in Lancaster and waiting for a postponed performance in Leeds I would be going to both.

'Touring' is possibly overstating it a fraction but I wish I could get to one of these.  As I've probably mentioned before, she's one of my daughter's bestest school buddies.  An immensely talented lady..  Hopefully there will be a lot more shows as and when permitted...

John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #474 on: May 04, 2021, 04:30:41 PM »

The Monkees Redux have rebranded and rescheduled. They will tour the U.S. in the Fall/Winter and are calling it their Farewell Tour.

They did not reschedule their cancelled Austin show from 2020, but I should be able to squeeze in Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #475 on: May 12, 2021, 11:07:36 AM »

Big Big Train concert at Aylesbury in July postponed again, to 'sometime' in 2022 Sad  Not entirely surprising, but a bit disappointing.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #476 on: May 15, 2021, 03:19:23 PM »

I've booked tickets for Belshazzar's Feast in Morecambe next Friday. For some reason they had decided to do two gigs on the same day but ticket sales have been very slow. I know one of the guys who works at the venue and he reckons they'll have to cancel one of the shows. And that's with reducing the venue capacity from 200 to under 40.

He said that ticket sales for other dates on the tour have been much better. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the increase of Covid cases in Lancashire that is making gig-goers more reluctant than in other parts of the country to start going to gigs again.

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
giottoscircle (Robert)
Water pistoled at the Sooty Show

Loc: Leeds

« Reply #477 on: May 15, 2021, 10:53:37 PM »

I've booked tickets for Belshazzar's Feast in Morecambe next Friday. For some reason they had decided to do two gigs on the same day but ticket sales have been very slow. I know one of the guys who works at the venue and he reckons they'll have to cancel one of the shows. And that's with reducing the venue capacity from 200 to under 40.

He said that ticket sales for other dates on the tour have been much better. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the increase of Covid cases in Lancashire that is making gig-goers more reluctant than in other parts of the country to start going to gigs again.

I’m quite liking the early evening teatime gigs. Cecil Sharpe House is the other side of London to me but is a real bugger of a journey after 10pm. New split gigs means that I can easily see Peggy Seeger and Oysterband in the next few weeks, works well for me. Yes, 5pm gigs is the new Rock’n’ Roll
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #478 on: May 19, 2021, 10:47:56 AM »

Lots of dates from Katie Spencer  Smiley

* 187678088_2925602161042605_3011360428127842123_n.jpg (353.53 KB, 1860x1707 - viewed 359 times.)

John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #479 on: May 20, 2021, 05:51:01 AM »

The Monkees, Stubb’s BBQ, September 23, 2021!

Booked
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: