TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:02:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344486 times)
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #420 on: March 12, 2020, 06:26:08 PM »

The Who have postponed their UK/Ireland tour set to begin in a few days.

No word yet on whether the U.S. dates will happen in April, but my magic eight-ball says outlook not promising...
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #421 on: March 12, 2020, 09:44:54 PM »

The Who have postponed their UK/Ireland tour set to begin in a few days.

No word yet on whether the U.S. dates will happen in April, but my magic eight-ball says outlook not promising...
Hopefully they’ll be able to reschedule....

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #422 on: March 12, 2020, 11:24:46 PM »

Melissa Etheridge at Rodeo Austin, Travis County Expo Center, March 24!

...IF the rodeo is not cancelled for Covid-19...

They cancelled SXSW a few days ago and flushed $300 million in economic activity with it.

I am advised that Rodeo Austin, by contrast, is not projected to attract many visitors from outside the vicinity. Apparently, this is the metric they are using when deciding what to cancel. I hope they know what they are doing.

Cancelled... My whole country is going on lockdown.
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #423 on: March 13, 2020, 10:01:06 AM »

Clannad at Ipswich this Friday night...booked before I knew they were playing at Cropredy but at least I’ll be able to compare performances although I have seen them once before but a good few years ago now

So I was looking forward to seeing Clannad tonight but the friend I was going with works in an office where somebody phoned in this morning saying that they are feeling unwell (but could be anything). Anyway given my more vulnerable condition with long-term health issues, she does not want to expose me in anyway to the possibility of getting this overblown flu virus as I would be sharing a car with her. So we’re not going and having to lose £63 a ticket as well. Still I suppose it’s better safe than sorry  Embarrassed

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #424 on: March 13, 2020, 12:13:02 PM »

So the next thing just been taken away by this sh**tty virus thing...the annual Blues at the Barns festival in Essex has just bitten the dust due to “current advice and unpredictable nature of the Coronavirus situation” This was due to take place on 3 May! Still at least my ticket money is being refunded

Born to Run (but not very fast)
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #425 on: March 13, 2020, 12:31:08 PM »

Really don't want to drag this away down into another big issue, but please, please, please, IT IS NOT AN OVERBLOWN FLU VIRUS.

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #426 on: March 13, 2020, 05:37:12 PM »

Not a gig per se, but my plan to see the legendary Dr. Jane Goodall in San Antonio in late April has been upended; the venue is "rescheduling" all shows through the end of April.

It's starting to look like quite the drought of live gigs between now and the immediate future. Seems to be a combination of cities and counties shutting down large gatherings, and the artists themselves withdrawing to protect themselves, their bands and crews.

Wondering whether the Fairport Rhine River cruise will happen in June.
MarkV
sit on a perch and prepare a roach
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Quality control has failed to sift me out.

« Reply #427 on: March 13, 2020, 07:00:47 PM »

Not a gig per se, but my plan to see the legendary Dr. Jane Goodall in San Antonio in late April has been upended; the venue is "rescheduling" all shows through the end of April.

It's starting to look like quite the drought of live gigs between now and the immediate future. Seems to be a combination of cities and counties shutting down large gatherings, and the artists themselves withdrawing to protect themselves, their bands and crews.

Wondering whether the Fairport Rhine River cruise will happen in June.

I believe Yes's cruise to the edge is off.  Not that i was going.

O to 62 in sixtytwo years.  Where does the time go?
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #428 on: March 14, 2020, 04:30:01 PM »

I'm due to see Lindisfarne in Porthcawl next Friday (20th March) At the present time it's still on, but a week is a long time.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Tim Fletcher
Spotify hasn't heard of him either!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London - almost Muswell Hill!

« Reply #429 on: March 15, 2020, 01:27:10 PM »

Off this afternoon to see Alden Patterson and Dashwood in a very small local venue. Could be the last one for a while. It’s only a short walk so no need to get bus or tube. Suspect most of the audience will count as “elderly”!

I really must get around to thinking up something witty and urbane to put here.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #430 on: March 18, 2020, 09:28:56 PM »

Should anyone be in need of a bagpipes n drums fix, Corvus Corax will be streaming a live performance on Saturday evening. Free or pay what you think, 10 % of takings go to their local community charity. Full info on www.corvuscorax.de or find em on Facebook.

Flobbadob!
mikec
Anywhere close to proper english
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

I'm sorry, my daughter isn't coming out tonight.

« Reply #431 on: March 19, 2020, 11:45:37 AM »

Miranda Sykes will be streaming a home concert this Saturday

I have gone to look for myself, if I return before I get back, keep me here.
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #432 on: July 15, 2020, 12:28:46 PM »

Going to a proper physical gig! Show of Hands, Victoria country park, 7th August. It’s a drive in, picnic gig, as park of the Wickham Festival. Can’t wait.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #433 on: July 30, 2020, 10:05:40 AM »

Let's try and be positive.  I've just booked two gigs - This is the Kit in Chester in late March (more in hope than expectation if I'm honest) and, The Human League (doing Dare), bloke from Thompson Twins, and Altered Images in Cardiff in, er, Dec 2021.  By far the most expensive gig I've ever bought tickets for, costing a preposterous £95 a ticket once fees, postage and insurance etc factored in.  Quite ridiculous they've (promoters et al) got so much money for the best part of 18 months, but there you are...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #434 on: July 30, 2020, 10:21:47 AM »

Let's try and be positive.  I've just booked two gigs - This is the Kit in Chester in late March (more in hope than expectation if I'm honest) and, The Human League (doing Dare), bloke from Thompson Twins, and Altered Images in Cardiff in, er, Dec 2021.  By far the most expensive gig I've ever bought tickets for, costing a preposterous £95 a ticket once fees, postage and insurance etc factored in.  Quite ridiculous they've (promoters et al) got so much money for the best part of 18 months, but there you are...
I really didn't see you as an 80's man David! Will you be sporting a pair of deely-boppers? We saw the bloke from the Thompson Twins 2 years ago supporting Aha. He had an excellent all-female band, all blondes, all dressed in white. Very impressive  Grin

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #435 on: July 30, 2020, 10:38:26 AM »

I really didn't see you as an 80's man David! Will you be sporting a pair of deely-boppers? We saw the bloke from the Thompson Twins 2 years ago supporting Aha. He had an excellent all-female band, all blondes, all dressed in white. Very impressive  Grin

Lol.  I've come to most of the music of the early 80's in the last couple of decades.  In truth, at the time Dare came out I was probably more into Gillan and Saxon et al.  Been a big fan of earlier Human League since I got into post-punk and electronica in the mid 80's (going to see New Order in Aug '84 was an epiphany).  Always loved Ms Grogan too, of course.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #436 on: July 30, 2020, 10:49:18 AM »

Lol.  I've come to most of the music of the early 80's in the last couple of decades.  In truth, at the time Dare came out I was probably more into Gillan and Saxon et al.  Been a big fan of earlier Human League since I got into post-punk and electronica in the mid 80's (going to see New Order in Aug '84 was an epiphany).  Always loved Ms Grogan too, of course.
Yes I was more into rock at that time too, but I appreciate Dare as one of the best albums of its genre. I preferred Heaven 17  Smiley
Ms Grogan is indeed fab, but her voice is, er, awful. Soz...

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #437 on: July 30, 2020, 10:55:18 AM »

Yes I was more into rock at that time too, but I appreciate Dare as one of the best albums of its genre. I preferred Heaven 17  Smiley

Funnily enough, just thinking about it, '81 (2nd Jan I think, but thereabouts anyway) was the first time I saw Fairport (at Wimbledon Theatre).  Bit weird to think I've given up seeing them (after well over 50 shows) and started watching Human league instead 40 years on...

Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #438 on: July 30, 2020, 01:24:40 PM »

Funnily enough, just thinking about it, '81 (2nd Jan I think, but thereabouts anyway) was the first time I saw Fairport (at Wimbledon Theatre).  Bit weird to think I've given up seeing them (after well over 50 shows) and started watching Human league instead 40 years on...
These are strange times  Shocked

PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #439 on: July 30, 2020, 07:39:36 PM »

... as indeed are 13/8 and 19/16.  Wink

Flobbadob!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 80   Go Up
  Print