TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:54:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344825 times)
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #320 on: December 01, 2019, 01:03:49 PM »

The Aggies at The Acapela Studios, Pentyrch near Cardiff on Wednesday (4th Dec) and Steeleye at Abergavenny on Friday 6th.
Are you going for pizza first?

Probably not, as I'm going straight from work and picking up my daughter on the way. We'll probably be there just in time for the start.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #321 on: December 01, 2019, 03:31:20 PM »

The Aggies at The Acapela Studios, Pentyrch near Cardiff on Wednesday (4th Dec) and Steeleye at Abergavenny on Friday 6th.
Are you going for pizza first?

Probably not, as I'm going straight from work and picking up my daughter on the way. We'll probably be there just in time for the start.
See you there then!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #322 on: December 01, 2019, 06:26:21 PM »

Seth Lakeman at the Brewery Arts Centre Kendal on Wednesday.

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
Andy Tuck
A creme egg moment
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Leicester

Dolphins are Evil They Eat Kittens...

« Reply #323 on: December 03, 2019, 06:17:26 PM »

Dan Baird & Homemade Sin at the Musician tonight for the last time ever following his decision to stop touring.

Still listening to the telepathic pirate radio show from the flying teapot.....
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #324 on: December 03, 2019, 07:40:23 PM »

Ian McNabb and Cold Shoulder at The Arts Club, Liverpool on Saturday. A bit of a rarity these days to see Ian in solo mode with a band (as opposed to when he goes out as The Icicle Works), I think it must be five or six years since he last toured with Cold Shoulder. He's promising a two hour show drawing from the three albums they've done together, so this will be the first time to hear a lot of the wonderful Our Future in Space album in full-band mode. Should have been part of a slightly larger number of shows but most were pulled after a fall out with the promoter, so Liverpool is all that remains sadly. Make sure we take the ear plugs for this one, it's going to be loud. Cheesy
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #325 on: December 03, 2019, 07:41:56 PM »

Ian McNabb and Cold Shoulder at The Arts Club, Liverpool on Saturday. A bit of a rarity these days to see Ian in solo mode with a band (as opposed to when he goes out as The Icicle Works), I think it must be five or six years since he last toured with Cold Shoulder. He's promising a two hour show drawing from the three albums they've done together, so this will be the first time to hear a lot of the wonderful Our Future in Space album in full-band mode. Should have been part of a slightly larger number of shows but most were pulled after a fall out with the promoter, so Liverpool is all that remains sadly. Make sure we take the ear plugs for this one, it's going to be loud. Cheesy

Love the Arts Club and love the CS albums.  It should be heaving.  I hope Ian behaves himself.  Enjoy  Smiley

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #326 on: December 03, 2019, 08:10:53 PM »

Love the Arts Club and love the CS albums.  It should be heaving.  I hope Ian behaves himself.  Enjoy  Smiley

Will do, really looking forward to this one, just a shame the rest of the tour was pulled as we had tickets for Manchester as well. Haven't been to the Arts Club before, the last time in the building was to see Eighteenth Day of May in 2006 when it was The Barfly.
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #327 on: December 03, 2019, 09:40:34 PM »

Will do, really looking forward to this one, just a shame the rest of the tour was pulled as we had tickets for Manchester as well. Haven't been to the Arts Club before, the last time in the building was to see Eighteenth Day of May in 2006 when it was The Barfly.

The circumstances weren't great but the cancellation of the rest of the tour may have been a blessing in disguise as Ian subsequently went down with a nasty bout of, I think, bronchitis which he has only recently recovered from. Have a great night. I have seen Ian half a dozen times in the last two or three years, with and without a band and he has been on top form every time. He seems to have got passed the drunken falling about on stage phase from a few years back.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #328 on: December 04, 2019, 08:58:15 AM »

St Agnes Fountain tonight at Acapela in Pentyrch near Cardiff, my first time seeing them.

I note Liverpool are playing Everton at 6.30 and the show starts at 8 so Mr Hughes may or may not be a bit agitated!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #329 on: December 04, 2019, 09:17:04 AM »

St Agnes Fountain tonight at Acapela in Pentyrch near Cardiff, my first time seeing them.

I note Liverpool are playing Everton at 6.30 and the show starts at 8 so Mr Hughes may or may not be a bit agitated!

I’m seeing them for the first time too next Wednesday 11 December at Maldon Town Hall in Essex so will be interested in what you think

Born to Run (but not very fast)
dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #330 on: December 04, 2019, 03:49:25 PM »

Richard Shindell – tonight at Cecil Sharp House.

wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #331 on: December 04, 2019, 04:32:17 PM »

Richard Shindell – tonight at Cecil Sharp House.

He sold out before I realized he was playing, in my neck of the woods. Curses!
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #332 on: December 04, 2019, 04:47:17 PM »

Kick off is 2015. Hope you have a lovely evening, and Mr Hughes too, at least until he hears the final score...  Wink

Flobbadob!
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #333 on: December 04, 2019, 05:40:52 PM »

Last show of 2019:

Cher, at the AT&T Center in lovely San Antonio, Texas, December 17!

She's been on my bucket list since she blanketed my television in the 1970s, first with Sonny Bono and later with Gregory Allman. She cancelled a scheduled appearance in Austin a couple of years ago, and I feared the opportunity had passed. After a lengthy period of recuperation, she has come roaring back!  I anticipate a little "I Got You, Babe," perhaps "The Beat Goes On," maybe the politically incorrect "Gypsys, Tramps and Thieves," a snippet of "If I Could Turn Back Time," some autotuned "Believe," and a whole lotta ABBA. Wink
Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #334 on: December 07, 2019, 04:50:57 PM »

Albion Christmas Band at the Atkinson in Southport a week from tonight. Looking forward to it, even though it means missing the 'Strictly' final! We'll have to remain incommunicado on Sunday and watch the recording.
dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #335 on: December 09, 2019, 03:45:52 PM »

There was an amusing little interview with Jah Wobble on Talksport (2.30 pm, will be available on their playback).  Partly about footie, of course (he is a Spud), but there were some interesting musical nuggets as well.  There is a tour in the offing, starting at The Cavern.
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #336 on: December 09, 2019, 03:58:32 PM »

There was an amusing little interview with Jah Wobble on Talksport (2.30 pm, will be available on their playback).  Partly about footie, of course (he is a Spud), but there were some interesting musical nuggets as well.  There is a tour in the offing, starting at The Cavern.

Jah  Wobble & The Invaders of the Heart are playing Colchester Arts Centre on 25 January but this is already sold out so I’ve missed out on that one  Embarrassed but it’s the day before Frank Turner plays an acoustic gig in aid of the Nick Alexander Memorial Trust. He was heavily involved with the Arts Centre but lost his life at the Bataclan terrorist attack in Paris. The date of Frank’s gig would’ve been Nick’s 40th birthday RIP

Born to Run (but not very fast)
MarkV
sit on a perch and prepare a roach
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Quality control has failed to sift me out.

« Reply #337 on: December 09, 2019, 04:18:50 PM »

Two Christmasy gigs at the West End Centre. This Wednesday its Balshzzars Fast, and  next Thursdays its Awake Arise.  

O to 62 in sixtytwo years.  Where does the time go?
Tim Fletcher
Spotify hasn't heard of him either!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London - almost Muswell Hill!

« Reply #338 on: December 12, 2019, 11:27:34 PM »

Ralph McTell at the Royal Festival Hall tomorrow. With the Fairport rhythm section on duty according to info on Facebook. There still appear to be a number of tickets available.

I really must get around to thinking up something witty and urbane to put here.
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #339 on: December 16, 2019, 09:38:20 PM »

Finally going to see Steve Harley at the Robin on Friday, which will close the year gig wise.
It was one New Year's resolution to do at least one gig a month, but, due to the cancellation of Lene Lovitch in March, and health problems, that went a bit south at Cropredy into October, causing me to miss a few...including Jude's second gig in London Sad ( I saw the first one though  Smiley ) However, as I did four in April, I managed, on average....so I count that as a win.
I already have one gig a month lined up for most of next year, Ticket Buying and Health Gods willing, I will have a good one.

Well I never did..
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: