TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:10:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344769 times)
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2019, 12:20:50 PM »

RT at Gawsworth Hall tonight.
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2019, 03:29:12 PM »

Doing front-of-house duties next Friday 30 August at Witham Public Hall for Marty Wilde and the Wildcats  Shocked Apart from Petula Clark, Li’l Jimmy Reed and BB King, I think this will make him the next oldest artist I’ve seen perform live  Shocked

Born to Run (but not very fast)
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2019, 05:03:44 PM »

Mr. Cool himself, Bryan Ferry, tonight at the Moody Theater at ACL Live in sweltering downtown Austin, Texas!

First gig in awhile, unusually for me.
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #163 on: August 27, 2019, 10:31:58 AM »

Two mini festivals lined up:

Wallingford Bunkfest this coming weekend. Looking forward to Tankus The Henge at that one. Merry Hell are playing if anyone is interested (we will be gone before they're on.)

Down At The Abbey festival on Saturday 7th September. Many acts to look forward to there, including Rozi Plain, Rachel Dadd, BC Camplight, Bryde, Kathryn Joseph, Tom Williams, Vienna Ditto, The August List (especially looking forward to those last two!)

Cheers

Nick

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #164 on: August 27, 2019, 11:39:53 AM »

Must get to the Bunkfest one of these years, since it is only just up the road from us.  But we're off on holiday on Saturday morning, so it won't be this year...

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2019, 08:37:53 PM »

Seeing Martin Turner (ex-Wishbone Ash) and his band doing the albums Pilgrimage and New England in their entirety along with many other Wishbone Ash songs as it’s the 50th anniversary of the band. They are playing Colchester Arts Centre next Thursday 5 September if anyone is interested....

Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2019, 03:11:42 PM »

Phil Beer in Lingfield (South East Surrey, East Grinstead line) Friday 13th September. Love seeing wonderful musicians 'up close and personal'. Guaranteed to be a great night.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2019, 05:04:16 PM »

This Saturday, up-and-coming young guitar-slinger Mark Knopfler, at ACL Live in Austin!

Tickets for this show went on sale almost a year ago, and promptly sold out. A friend with connections was able to hook me up with post-sell-out tickets at face value, which has never happened before or since. Smiley

As he did last time, he's making official recordings of the live shows available for download. No complaints here.
StephenGiles
much grovelling in the attic

« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »

Phil Beer in Lingfield (South East Surrey, East Grinstead line) Friday 13th September. Love seeing wonderful musicians 'up close and personal'. Guaranteed to be a great night.

Is that the Victoria Sports & Social Club? Nice folks there.
Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2019, 08:20:15 AM »

LVSSC indeed.. A select but friendly bunch!
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2019, 06:45:33 PM »

Bennett Wilson Poole at my mate Kev's birthday bash tonight in Nantwich.

The Peter Bruntnell Band at Outpost, Liverpool next Saturday.
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #171 on: September 09, 2019, 08:33:42 AM »

The First Cressing  Folk Festival on Sunday 15 September at the historic Cressing Temple Barns in Essex. This will be a small one-day fest although I’m not really familiar with the artists (except one). Playing will be Terry Hiscock (founder of Hunter Muskett), Fran & Belinda (Fran Foote & Belinda Kempster), Trials of Cato, John Kirkpatrick, The Wilsons. If anyone can enlighten me on these performers that’d be appreciated. Thanks

GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #172 on: September 09, 2019, 09:33:20 AM »

The First Cressing  Folk Festival on Sunday 15 September at the historic Cressing Temple Barns in Essex. This will be a small one-day fest although I’m not really familiar with the artists (except one). Playing will be Terry Hiscock (founder of Hunter Muskett), Fran & Belinda (Fran Foote & Belinda Kempster), Trials of Cato, John Kirkpatrick, The Wilsons. If anyone can enlighten me on these performers that’d be appreciated. Thanks

I'm guessing that John Kirkpatrick is the one you know? (RT sideman, Albion Band alumnus. Father of Beni etc)

I saw Terry Hiscock supporting Merry Hell earlier this year Very entertaining in an early 70s singer songwriter kind of way. Witty patter between songs and some excellent acoustic guitar work from what I recall. I can't help with any of the others I'm afraid.
DawnG

« Reply #173 on: September 09, 2019, 09:44:23 AM »

Fran & Belinda are mother & daughter. Fran sings with Stick in the Wheel & plays accordion. The Wilsons are brothers from up north and sing unaccompanied harmonies they're very good.
I've heard of Trails of Cato but not seen them they have some things on you tube
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #174 on: September 09, 2019, 10:45:28 AM »

Thanks Al and Dawn....yes I’ve seen John Kirkpatrick before (last time I think was with Martin Carthy etc on the Swarb! tribute show. The other acts sound interesting and I’m assuming that The Wilsons are in the same vein as The Young Uns? whom I’ve seen 2 or 3 times before

DawnG

« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2019, 12:42:44 PM »

yes the Wilsons are similar to the Young 'Uns
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2019, 08:03:13 PM »

Tonight, Irish troubadour Glen Hansard at Stubb's Barbecue outdoor stage!

I love GH with all my heart, but Stubb's is not my favorite venue.  Parking is non-existent.  It's in a dodgy part of downtown, which makes the long walk to the car after 11:00 PM uncomfortable.  And September in Austin, Texas, is miserably hot for outdoor shows.  Dear GH:  Please investigate booking into the air-conditioned, safe, and very pleasant ACL Live next time!
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2019, 06:41:45 PM »

Tonight, Cropredy veterans Squeeze (with opener X) at the historic Paramount Theater in muggy, humid, downtown Austin, Texas!
garrypbrooks

« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2019, 05:55:59 PM »

Thanks for this Bingers.  A possibility for next year, provided it runs
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2019, 06:10:13 PM »

Thanks for this Bingers.  A possibility for next year, provided it runs

I shall keep my eyes peeled for the date  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: