TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:35:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344912 times)
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2019, 11:34:34 AM »

Looking forward to Jackie Oates tonight - playing her new 'radio ballad' (I think it is billed as) called 'Lace Tellings', with help from Jack Rutter, John Spiers and Megan Henwood.  

Next gig after this will be Cropredy!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2019, 11:36:11 AM »

Ian McNabb at Thornton Hough Village Club tonight.
Cool Cat
ANONYMOUS MEMBER

« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2019, 02:25:45 PM »

Tonight, dear fiends, im off to Sale Waterside to see the Goldhawks play Quadrophenia by th'Oo.
I saw it on a regular emither the theatre sends me and quite fancied it.
I will let you know tomorrow how good, bad or indifferent it was.
I'm quite looking forward to it.

Excellent band, did full justice to the material and universally well recieved by the audience , who, unsurprisingly, were largely men of a certain age.  The theatre was a bit less than half full which demonstrates the difficulty of attracting a crowd if its not a name but on the upside it was over by 945pm which left plenty of time to get slopped up in a nearby pub before phoning the younger daughter for a lift home😁

Because of Jim's post, we decided to see this band too.  Wow!  Blown away.  Such a passion for their subject.  They said they might do Tommy next.  The encore was Behind Blue Eyes and Baba O'Reilly.  Thanks for the heads up, Jim.
JohnP69

« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2019, 09:33:37 AM »

Tramlines final day in Sheffield today.

Plenty going on but looking forward to Peter Hook and The Light,Happy Mondays,Lewis Capaldi and the headliners,Nile Rodgers and Chic
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2019, 12:03:44 PM »

Tears for Fears supported by ABC at Colchester Castle Park this Sunday 28 July...just hoping the rain/storms hold off!

Born to Run (but not very fast)
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2019, 07:53:11 PM »

My first gig in a little while...

Truckstop Honeymoon at The Greys in Brighton on Monday.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2019, 08:26:55 PM »

Heads up in case any of you crazy Bruce heads want to see Little Steven in, er, The Tramshed in Cardiff.

Go, go, go... https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/little-steven-the-disciples-of-soul-tramshed-cardiff-tickets-60311440141

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2019, 10:14:57 AM »

John Jones and the Reluctant Ramblers in Threlkeld on 27th and 28th September, first night is half gig half ceilidh, second night is a seated gig. I have 2 tickets for both nights, but can no longer attend. Happy to give them to anyone who could use them.
PeterW

Loc: Cumbria

« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2019, 07:12:14 PM »

John Jones and the Reluctant Ramblers in Threlkeld on 27th and 28th September, first night is half gig half ceilidh, second night is a seated gig. I have 2 tickets for both nights, but can no longer attend. Happy to give them to anyone who could use them.
Hi Kevin, I'd be more than happy to take them of  your hands  Smiley

While you are busy laughing at us you don't know what we are doing behind your back.
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2019, 07:37:49 PM »

My first gig in a little while...

Truckstop Honeymoon at The Greys in Brighton on Monday.

Or not. Change of plan for reasons I will explain in due course.

Shame. I was looking forward to reacquainting myself with Mike & Amy.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2019, 08:50:33 PM »

Just announced - Mott the Hoople '74 at the Moody Theater at ACL Live, Austin, this fall!

I am woefully unfamiliar with all things Mott, other than ATYD. I must buy tickets to this show and then take a crash course.
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2019, 09:47:10 PM »

Just announced - Mott the Hoople '74 at the Moody Theater at ACL Live, Austin, this fall!

I am woefully unfamiliar with all things Mott, other than ATYD. I must buy tickets to this show and then take a crash course.

This tour has been focusing on the 1974 material and line up so that year's live album in its expanded form is your best starting point. The UK shows earlier this year we're tremendous, as long as Luther's pedals are working.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2019, 10:19:19 PM »

This tour has been focusing on the 1974 material and line up so that year's live album in its expanded form is your best starting point. The UK shows earlier this year we're tremendous, as long as Luther's pedals are working.

Thumbs up emoji!
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2019, 09:11:05 PM »

Solihull to Threlkeld is a bit of a slog!!!

The Dude abides
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2019, 09:13:20 AM »

Solihull to Threlkeld is a bit of a slog!!!

Bus times are a bit tricky too  Smiley
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2019, 03:44:40 PM »

You'll enjoy it I think, John.  Mott are and always were a great live band,. But you may need ear protection - they're also very loud.  
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2019, 09:07:08 PM »

You'll enjoy it I think, John.  Mott are and always were a great live band,. But you may need ear protection - they're also very loud.  

Booked  Smiley
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2019, 09:31:21 PM »

Less so these days. I didn't need my acoustic earplugs at the London show, though a couple of Ian's solo shows some years ago were the reason I need them in the first place!  Grin
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2019, 11:48:37 AM »

Less so these days. I didn't need my acoustic earplugs at the London show, though a couple of Ian's solo shows some years ago were the reason I need them in the first place!  Grin

Grin Smiley
Andy Tuck
A creme egg moment
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Leicester

Dolphins are Evil They Eat Kittens...

« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2019, 12:25:45 PM »

Off to see The Connor Selby Band tonight. As they were one of the support acts at the recent Who gigs I am expecting something good.

Still listening to the telepathic pirate radio show from the flying teapot.....
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: