TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:14:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344607 times)
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2019, 11:54:42 AM »

Ian McNabb at Portsmouth Guildhall studio this Sunday 28th. Never seen him play solo so really looking forward to it.
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2019, 12:54:25 PM »

Ian McNabb at Portsmouth Guildhall studio this Sunday 28th. Never seen him play solo so really looking forward to it.

Last time I saw him in Portsmouth it was...er...an experience!  Grin He was very, very drunk. Happily he seems to have cleaned himself up since then. I will be seeing him the previous evening in Worthing.
Penguin (Dunc)
O RLY?
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Royton, Lancashire

The Wrong Side of Weird!

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2019, 01:47:01 PM »

Last time I saw him in Portsmouth it was...er...an experience!  Grin He was very, very drunk. Happily he seems to have cleaned himself up since then. I will be seeing him the previous evening in Worthing.

If he promises to play The Lamb Lies Down in it's entirety during the second half, take it with a pinch of salt!  Wink

It Doesn't Stop Being Magic Just Because You Know How It's Done!
Cool Cat
ANONYMOUS MEMBER

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2019, 03:20:36 PM »

Mott the Hoople at Shepherds Bush Empire on Saturday 27th April.  We've got a spare ticket which it would be nice to sell.  The last time I sold a spare ticket was via eBay but I don't think that is allowed any more  Huh Can anyone recommend a ticket site (preferably not connected to Ticketmaster).  Thanks.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2019, 03:22:23 PM »

Mott the Hoople at Shepherds Bush Empire on Saturday 27th April.  We've got a spare ticket which it would be nice to sell.  The last time I sold a spare ticket was via eBay but I don't think that is allowed any more  Huh Can anyone recommend a ticket site (preferably not connected to Ticketmaster).  Thanks.

Scarlet Mist

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Cool Cat
ANONYMOUS MEMBER

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2019, 04:30:29 PM »

Thanks.  Will use them.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2019, 03:15:14 PM »

Nick Mason & his Sauce1rful of Secrets tonight at Cardiff St David's Hall. I am quite literally besides myself with excitement!  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2019, 04:05:14 PM »

Nick Mason & his Sauce1rful of Secrets tonight at Cardiff St David's Hall. I am quite literally besides myself with excitement!  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Not a bad trick!! Enjoy the concert Grin

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2019, 05:23:27 PM »

Did you have to buy two tickets?!  Wink

Enjoy it - the prices put me off, I'm afraid.

I am very tempted by, and will probably succumb to, a double bill of Jackie Oates and Sam Kelly & The Lost Boys at the Dorchester (on-Thames) Festival next Monday evening.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2019, 06:51:52 PM »

If there was an "upcoming gigs I'm going to miss" topic... Mercedes Peon free concert in Pontevedra main square on Wednesday evening. We're coming home tomorrow. Pah!

Flobbadob!
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2019, 07:53:15 PM »

Have fun! Maybe Roger Waters will show up again! https://ultimateclassicrock.com/roger-waters-joins-nick-mason/
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2019, 01:02:36 AM »

Have fun! Maybe Roger Waters will show up again! https://ultimateclassicrock.com/roger-waters-joins-nick-mason/
His son was there though....  Cheesy

It was quite brilliant  Smiley I am very happy

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2019, 08:25:30 PM »

Apparently Gary Kemp was playing Micky Jones*'s Gibson SG for some of the show... *of Man

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2019, 09:09:09 PM »

Apparently Gary Kemp was playing Micky Jones*'s Gibson SG for some of the show... *of Man

What kind of a crazy word is it when these two people even know of each other's existence?!?!   Shocked

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2019, 12:56:52 AM »

In about an hour, Sammy Hagar and "The Circle," ACL Live!

This supergroup is composed of Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony (ex-Van Halen), Jason Bonham (needs no introduction), and guitarist Vic Johnson (of the BusBoys).  

I've avoided spoilers of the setlist, but I presume I will be treated to some Van Hagar, some "I Can't Drive 55" era Hagar, and a little Led Zeppelin.  They've also released two albums of originals, so I'll have time to go to the bathroom and wander around the mezzanine.   Smiley

Not exactly folk, but I think I'll have a good time.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2019, 08:41:36 AM »

What kind of a crazy word is it when these two people even know of each other's existence?!?!   Shocked

Jules
I think you're totally underestimating  the Ivor Novello Award winning Mr Kemp! Apart from being a fine songwriter, he is a superb guitarist and a close friend of Nick Mason  Shocked he was delighted to have been asked to play with Saucerful of Secrets and put in a great performance. Nothing that I could see said "naff 80's pop star"!!!

Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2019, 08:51:01 AM »

Alfa 9 tomorrow night, playing the final gig of their monthly residency at The Artisan Tap in Hartshill, Stoke.
Tim Fletcher
Spotify hasn't heard of him either!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London - almost Muswell Hill!

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2019, 11:19:04 AM »

I’m off to see them at the Roundhouse on Saturday and very much looking forward to it. I’ve been working my way through the old albums in preparation. This has not gone down entirely successfully with other members of the family! Philistines!

I really must get around to thinking up something witty and urbane to put here.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2019, 11:36:57 AM »

Not a bad trick!! Enjoy the concert

His son was there though....

It was quite brilliant  I am very happy

I’m off to see them at the Roundhouse on Saturday and very much looking forward to it. I’ve been working my way through the old albums in preparation. This has not gone down entirely successfully with other members of the family! Philistines!
I guarantee you will enjoy it!  Smiley I think the setlist is the same as it's been the last few weeks in the States, lots of Syd

John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2019, 04:42:06 PM »

Not a bad trick!! Enjoy the concert

His son was there though....

It was quite brilliant  I am very happy

I guarantee you will enjoy it!  Smiley I think the setlist is the same as it's been the last few weeks in the States, lots of Syd

I was surprised at how well this music worked in live performance, especially since it was probably unfamiliar to a large part of the (very enthusiastic) audience in Houston.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: