TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:49:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 361940 times)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #880 on: August 29, 2022, 12:16:53 AM »

Really looking forward to Big Big Train at Aylesbury next Friday - postponed since July 2020!

Hope it's a great show. I'll be curious to hear your opinions of Alberto. David Longdon's shoes will take some filling but I have high hopes.

I never saw David with them, but the sound of the first thing they have released with Alberto is certainly promising.

Agreed.
Seconded. I think they’d be an amazing Cropredy band

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #881 on: September 01, 2022, 01:23:51 AM »

Robert the Plant and Alison Krauss, Sunday, September 3, at the Moody Amphitheatre in soggy, muggy, hopefully not mosquito-infested Waterloo* Park, Austin, Texas!

This will be our first visit to the new venue, which purports to be a fairly intimate gathering place in the shadow of the Texas State Capitol. The rapidly expanding downtown skyline should be a lovely backdrop. Looking forward to hearing some beautiful music in a beautiful setting.

*Before it was dubbed "Austin" after our state's founder, Stephen F. Austin and designated the center of government, this was a sleepy 19th-century hamlet known as "Waterloo." Hence, Waterloo Park, Waterloo Records, etc.

PJayBe

« Reply #882 on: September 01, 2022, 07:07:15 AM »

Merry Hell tomorrow in Darwen, the Rajhasthan Heritage Brass Band on Saturday in Settle.  Supposed to be in the garden, but I've seen the forecast.....  Sadly no free curry this time, but hopefully no free Covid!
Phil Perry
sufficiently persuaded

Loc: Hertfordshire

« Reply #883 on: September 02, 2022, 12:44:36 PM »

I've often thought autumn seems to be the best time for gigs .... this time, for us, Justin Hayward at Union Chapel, Clive Gregson at St Neots FC, Joshua Burnell at Cecil Sharp House and the mighty Bellowhead at Cambridge Corn X ... Forever Autumn indeed  Smiley
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #884 on: September 08, 2022, 02:30:49 PM »

Should have been seeing Ian McNabb in Chester tonight but have just heard it's been cancelled as Ian has a throat infection. I'm beginning to think this gig is jinxed, this is the fourth time it's had to be called off.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #885 on: September 08, 2022, 02:50:14 PM »

Steve Hackett "Foxtrot at 50" plus assorted Hackett tunes, on Saturday at St David's Hall in Cardiff.

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #886 on: September 08, 2022, 03:31:52 PM »

Should have been seeing Ian McNabb in Chester tonight but have just heard it's been cancelled as Ian has a throat infection. I'm beginning to think this gig is jinxed, this is the fourth time it's had to be called off.

Thanks for this...I can warn my Sue.  You never know, I might actually be there if it gets a 5th showing...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Col D

« Reply #887 on: September 08, 2022, 05:26:14 PM »

Thanks for this...I can warn my Sue.  You never know, I might actually be there if it gets a 5th showing...

It looks unlikely it's going to be rescheduled, Alexander's seem less than pleased about the last minute cancellation judging by the email I received from them earlier. They've notified See Tickets to issue refunds.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #888 on: September 08, 2022, 05:54:23 PM »

It looks unlikely it's going to be rescheduled, Alexander's seem less than pleased about the last minute cancellation judging by the email I received from them earlier. They've notified See Tickets to issue refunds.

Hoping to get to the Academy just before Chrimbo...maybe see you there?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Col D

« Reply #889 on: September 08, 2022, 07:29:39 PM »

Hoping to get to the Academy just before Chrimbo...maybe see you there?

Definitely, really looking forward to that one.
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #890 on: September 09, 2022, 05:20:07 PM »

Wildwood Kin, in Leeds, next week.

Don't know much about them but they come highly recommended by a couple of friends so I'm expecting to have a good night.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #891 on: September 10, 2022, 12:43:05 AM »

Rufus Wainwright, September 15, at the historic Paramount Theater, Austin!
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #892 on: September 10, 2022, 06:59:01 AM »

Wildwood Kin, in Leeds, next week.

Don't know much about them but they come highly recommended by a couple of friends so I'm expecting to have a good night.

They played Cropredy in 2019, thought I recognised the name.

StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #893 on: September 10, 2022, 10:26:36 AM »

Aesthetically pleasing mystical prog-folk

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #894 on: September 12, 2022, 11:56:07 AM »

Rory McLeod is playing at More Music in Morecambe this Wednesday and then we've Martyn Joseph's Pipefest at Lancaster University on Saturday.

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
PJayBe

« Reply #895 on: September 12, 2022, 02:51:53 PM »

Rory McLeod is playing at More Music in Morecambe this Wednesday and then we've Martyn Joseph's Pipefest at Lancaster University on Saturday.

Crikey, is Rory Wednesday?  I though it was ages off.  Got Ian Prowse and Amsterdam (Halifax) on Friday and Maggie Bell on Sunday (Settle)
Chris from Fieldtown
Sorry Bob

Loc: Fieldtown, Oxon

« Reply #896 on: September 12, 2022, 06:55:35 PM »

I haven't seen Rory for quite a few years but was always struck by how wonderfully creative and engaging he was live. Huge spirit, great songwriter.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #897 on: September 12, 2022, 09:39:51 PM »

Just seen the Peatbog Faeries are playing in Exeter next month, but annoyingly I am likely to be out fo the country at that point. Loved them at Cropredy some years back and haven't had a chance to see them since.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #898 on: September 12, 2022, 10:14:43 PM »

Rufus Wainwright, September 15, at the historic Paramount Theater, Austin!

Can’t wait to read how this goes in ‘recent gigs’ in a few days!! His voice is so sublime!
Jim G
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Bridport ,Dorset

« Reply #899 on: September 13, 2022, 11:12:19 AM »

I haven't seen Rory for quite a few years but was always struck by how wonderfully creative and engaging he was live. Huge spirit, great songwriter.

Anyone who plays their harmonica with their nose is ok by me - I haven't seen Rory for a few years but a real one off!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: