TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:06:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344698 times)
PJayBe

« Reply #840 on: August 01, 2022, 07:35:49 PM »

Just received an email from The Victoria Hall in Settle (the oldest surviving music hall in the country) which told me that The Chapin Sisters (daughters of Harry) are on tomorrow.  Instant birthday night out!!!

The Chapin Sisters are actually nieces of Harry. But they are very good live, we saw them in July.

Heard it wrong!  Still looking forward to seeing them!
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #841 on: August 03, 2022, 09:11:51 AM »

Not a gig exactly, but I bought an advance ticket for a one off film showing of 50th Anniversary concert of Tubular Bells.

I' m looking forward to this. I was in the pictures to watch a film about 2 volcanologists and the Tubular Bells film was trailered. At the end of my film,  I went right to the box office and purchased a ticket.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #842 on: August 03, 2022, 09:48:12 AM »

Not a gig exactly, but I bought an advance ticket for a one off film showing of 50th Anniversary concert of Tubular Bells.

I' m looking forward to this. I was in the pictures to watch a film about 2 volcanologists and the Tubular Bells film was trailered. At the end of my film,  I went right to the box office and purchased a ticket.
With Brian Blessed!  It looks fantastic - wish it was coming to Wales

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #843 on: August 03, 2022, 10:36:21 AM »

Coincidentally,  Brian blessed came up in conversation the other day. Someone who met him said he is actually quite a small man.
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #844 on: August 05, 2022, 08:55:34 AM »

Show of Hands announced another of their Albert Hall shows yesterday, to be held on April 10th. They are calling it the "Last Post", guessing that means they're not going to be around for much longer  Sad
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #845 on: August 05, 2022, 10:40:40 AM »

Coincidentally,  Brian blessed came up in conversation the other day. Someone who met him said he is actually quite a small man.
Yup he's only 5'8".

Still 2" taller than Sunak and 5" taller than Truss, though.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 10:57:52 AM by Andy » Logged

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #846 on: August 05, 2022, 01:57:37 PM »

Yup he's only 5'8".

Still 2" taller than Sunak and 5" taller than Truss, though.
8" taller than so me practically a giant in my world

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #847 on: August 06, 2022, 09:06:21 AM »

What is average height these days?  I'm just shy of 6ft, which would have been considered quite tall, but there are some awfully tall people about nowadays,  young folk in particular.  
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #848 on: August 06, 2022, 12:18:49 PM »

What is average height these days?  I'm just shy of 6ft, which would have been considered quite tall, but there are some awfully tall people about nowadays,  young folk in particular.  

5ft 9-10in male; 5ft 3-4in female  It's the latter I think is way out these days.  My other half is 5ft 2in and she seems positively toddleresque when we go to gigs together.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Kathryn
A sucker for a hurdy-gurdy

Loc: Lincolnville Beach, Maine, USA

« Reply #849 on: August 07, 2022, 07:26:48 AM »

Tonight: Tudor Music by Candlelight ….Three Queens and Three Ravens.
garrypbrooks

« Reply #850 on: August 07, 2022, 07:59:44 AM »

A long way ahead, but Nell Brydon will be touring in summer 2023. She's playing at the excellent Ropetackle Cente in Shoreham on July 1st
Pastieboy (Trev)
Cookie Monster
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: grantham

Remember me I'm still your native son.

« Reply #851 on: August 07, 2022, 01:15:01 PM »

I’ve got tickets for Martin Turners Wishbone Ash for October , Blackbeards Tea Party for November ( & Lowdham)then Cowboy Junkies booked for December @ Buxton . So far .

You are what you eat !!!
Pastieboy (Trev)
Cookie Monster
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: grantham

Remember me I'm still your native son.

« Reply #852 on: August 07, 2022, 02:35:13 PM »

Ooops Cowboy Junkies is November not December. At Buxton . Faustus at Musician.Liecester October.

You are what you eat !!!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #853 on: August 07, 2022, 02:56:06 PM »

I’ve got tickets for Martin Turners Wishbone Ash for October , Blackbeards Tea Party for November ( & Lowdham)then Cowboy Junkies booked for December @ Buxton . So far .

That wouldn't get past the lawyers, I'm afraid.  It's supposed to be "Martin Turner (ex-Wishbone Ash)".  Thanks for the heads up though...I might try and get to the Darlington show.  Seeing two of my favourite albums (Argus and Four) in full is not to be sniffed at.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #854 on: August 08, 2022, 05:25:56 PM »

Amon Duul II in 2022 - Manchester and London.

https://www.songkick.com/artists/211277-amon-duul-ii

Delayed (due to serious illness for Chris Karrer) for a second time to May 2023

Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #855 on: August 08, 2022, 08:38:06 PM »

Is Renate Kraup Krotenschwantz still in them, my pal Steve poked her with tags when they did The Stonground in Manchester in the early-ish 70s. If so she'll need to bring her own smokes, he can't be there, or indeed, anywhere since 2016

The Dude abides
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #856 on: August 09, 2022, 07:39:08 AM »

Is Renate Kraup Krotenschwantz still in them, my pal Steve poked her with tags when they did The Stonground in Manchester in the early-ish 70s. If so she'll need to bring her own smokes, he can't be there, or indeed, anywhere since 2016

"The band still comprise many of the original members, including founder John Weinzierl (guitar, synths), guitarist Chris Karrer and vocalist Renate Kroetenschwanz (né Knaup), as well as Danny Fichelscher who replaced original Amon Düül II drummer Peter Leopald in 1972, percussionist Jan Kahlert and keyboard player Ulli Linzen."

Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #857 on: August 09, 2022, 09:15:24 AM »

That wouldn't get past the lawyers, I'm afraid.  It's supposed to be "Martin Turner (ex-Wishbone Ash)".  Thanks for the heads up though...I might try and get to the Darlington show.  Seeing two of my favourite albums (Argus and Four) in full is not to be sniffed at.

I saw them a few years go, on a prog triple bill,  advertised as Martin Turners Wishbone Ash. I suppose the legal issue has been sorted out now.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #858 on: August 09, 2022, 10:10:00 AM »

I saw them a few years go, on a prog triple bill,  advertised as Martin Turners Wishbone Ash. I suppose the legal issue has been sorted out now.

That must have been before the legal case (2013) which Martin comprehensively lost.  You'll see no Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash on his own branding etc... https://www.martinturnermusic.com/

GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #859 on: August 09, 2022, 10:52:07 AM »

I'm planning to go and see that.

I went to see the Tubular Bells for Two stage show a few years back and it was excellent.

Bridg - I'm sue this will be showing in Wales too. It is being screened nationally I think.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: