TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:50:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 345022 times)
Phil Perry
sufficiently persuaded

Loc: Hertfordshire

« Reply #520 on: September 01, 2021, 10:39:11 AM »

Well I've just had a couple of cancellations  Sad .  ...  and nothing to do with covid. Posting them here as they may affect others - 1) Curved Air have had to cancel upcoming dates as the new violinist has had an accident.  2) "Go Now" gig at Southend has been postponed as the venue's administrator apparently mucked up on the diary front.   Oh well ... am looking forward to the autumn folk club season ...
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #521 on: September 01, 2021, 10:48:00 AM »

Well I've just had a couple of cancellations  Sad .  ...  and nothing to do with covid. Posting them here as they may affect others - 1) Curved Air have had to cancel upcoming dates as the new violinist has had an accident.  2) "Go Now" gig at Southend has been postponed as the venue's administrator apparently mucked up on the diary front.   Oh well ... am looking forward to the autumn folk club season ...

Isn't that one of the lady violinists that used to be in Stackridge?  Hope they're ok...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #522 on: September 01, 2021, 01:37:33 PM »

Just had notification that the Oysters Gloucester show on 22nd Sept had been put back to May 2022 due to C19.  Angry

"We're very sorry to announce that, following medical advice, Oysterband has to
postpone its forthcoming September tour. Our apologies for the inconvenience
this is bound to cause. We'll be back to play these shows in Spring with the
new album."

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #523 on: September 01, 2021, 01:54:21 PM »

Just had notification that the Oysters Gloucester show on 22nd Sept had been put back to May 2022 due to C19.  Angry

new album."

I have a friend who works at a well known venue.  Ticket sales are very soft.  I wonder if that might be leading to some of the current postponements?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
JeremyRS
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #524 on: September 01, 2021, 02:30:16 PM »

new album."

I have a friend who works at a well known venue.  Ticket sales are very soft.  I wonder if that might be leading to some of the current postponements?

According to their Facebook page it's John's voice that's the problem and if they toured not only would he not be at 100% but he could have long term damage.

Not so skinny, maybe not so free
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #525 on: September 01, 2021, 02:55:50 PM »

new album."

According to their Facebook page it's John's voice that's the problem and if they toured not only would he not be at 100% but he could have long term damage.

Just seen that... "inflamed tissue round the vocal cords".  Hope he's better soon.

Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #526 on: September 01, 2021, 03:03:15 PM »

JJ's voice was definitely not right this weekend. I think he's wise to rest up.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
JeremyRS
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #527 on: September 01, 2021, 03:29:37 PM »

Indeed, Alan and Ian did a lot more than normal, definitely the right decision

Not so skinny, maybe not so free
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #528 on: September 02, 2021, 05:42:10 AM »

The Doobie Brothers have postponed their next four gigs due to a COVID outbreak in their "touring staff," and Michael McDonald skipped the most recent show before the postponement. These are ominous signs.

Not that I would actually pay money to see KISS, but they are also dealing with postponements and COVID infections for both Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons, both of whom were fully vaccinated.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #529 on: September 03, 2021, 09:12:20 AM »

I'm not an Abba fan but I appreciate their abilities

A new album and a couple of virtual gigs using digital avatars....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58423452

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #530 on: September 04, 2021, 04:38:10 PM »

The Westbrook Blake at Cadogan Hall on November 19th.  A very rare chance to hear this wonderful work.  Mike Westbrook is 85 now.  He will be at the piano and both of the original singers – Kate Westbrook and Phil Minton – will also be performing.  I would love to go, but it will depend where we are with covid.  I have been to a couple of outdoor festivals this summer, but still feel wary about indoor venues.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #531 on: September 04, 2021, 10:23:45 PM »

The Westbrook Blake at Cadogan Hall on November 19th.  A very rare chance to hear this wonderful work.  Mike Westbrook is 85 now.  He will be at the piano and both of the original singers – Kate Westbrook and Phil Minton – will also be performing.  I would love to go, but it will depend where we are with covid.  I have been to a couple of outdoor festivals this summer, but still feel wary about indoor venues.
If you want to know where we are with COVID, just look at the official numbers. Then double 'em.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #532 on: September 05, 2021, 12:09:07 AM »

Two shows in two days, in a couple of weeks:

Lindisfarne at Bradford Cathedral followed by Robert John & The Wreck at The Brudenell, Leeds.

Fingers crossed they both go ahead.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #533 on: September 13, 2021, 06:10:45 PM »

Wednesday - Eric Clapton and Jimmie Vaughan, Frank Erwin Center. Now being promoted as his "final concert in Austin." I think that's a safe bet.

Next Thursday - Monkees (Mike and Mickey), Stubb's Barbecue and Amphitheater. The "Farewell Tour." I think that, too, is a safe bet.

I'm either going to have to hang up my concert sneakers, or start getting into younger bands.  Huh
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #534 on: September 13, 2021, 10:14:18 PM »

Del Amitri - Blackpool Opera House on friday, my first time seeing the dels, really looking forward to it after watching the documentary on sky arts

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #535 on: September 13, 2021, 10:18:41 PM »

Del Amitri - Blackpool Opera House on friday, my first time seeing the dels, really looking forward to it after watching the documentary on sky arts

Ooh, what documentary?  Annoyingly, Sky Arts has just disappeared from my Virgin subscription.

Jules

Edit: Ah, no it hasn't disappeared, it's just moved. Much relief.

Now be thankful for good things below
wayne stote

« Reply #536 on: September 13, 2021, 10:26:48 PM »

Skinny Lister are playing near me soon. I know the name but, until a quick listen on-line earlier today, never heard any of the music.

Early impressions suggest The Men The Couldn't Hang doing Jam covers, which might well make for an interesting concert. I'm in!
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #537 on: September 14, 2021, 09:43:03 AM »

Skinny Lister are playing near me soon. I know the name but, until a quick listen on-line earlier today, never heard any of the music.

Early impressions suggest The Men The Couldn't Hang doing Jam covers, which might well make for an interesting concert. I'm in!

They were great fun at Cropredy some years back.  Bought their album at the time, but haven't kept up with them.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
wayne stote

« Reply #538 on: September 14, 2021, 12:31:21 PM »

They were great fun at Cropredy some years back.  Bought their album at the time, but haven't kept up with them.

I've taken the plunge and ordered tickets. Glad to know you enjoyed them at Cropredy.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #539 on: September 15, 2021, 10:57:09 AM »

Wally Waller is taking his new band out on the road.  1st date in Deal.  Expect plenty of SF Sorrow/Parachute...

* 242121220_4494637200595428_1207385923839300472_n.jpg (296.71 KB, 1440x1702 - viewed 333 times.)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: