TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:44:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 344758 times)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #380 on: February 13, 2020, 08:45:06 PM »

Just booked to see Big Big Train in Aylesbury in July (16th).  Haven't seen them before, so I'm already quite excited by this!
You are right to be excited - they’re fab!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #381 on: February 13, 2020, 11:57:06 PM »

Just booked to see Big Big Train in Aylesbury in July (16th).  Haven't seen them before, so I'm already quite excited by this!

I saw Big Big Train on their tour last year.

They are even better live than in the studio. I'm sure you'll have an outstanding evening!
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #382 on: February 14, 2020, 04:12:09 PM »

Rolling Stones, Sunday, May 24, 2020, at the Circuit of the Americas Super Stage in Austin!

Given that this is their second visit to Austin in history, the first being almost 14 years ago, I say with confidence and satisfaction this will be the last time for me. I mean it, it's all over now. Time is [not] on my side here, friends.

Thanks for that 👍
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #383 on: February 14, 2020, 06:42:59 PM »

Ooops I just read John from Austin’s Stones post properly...I cannot believe I did a much more rubbish version in my Tom Jones post...I HONESTLY hadn’t noticed John’s subtle song refs before I did my very silly ones which must have looked like a copycat post ...I’ll get me coat!

Grin
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #384 on: February 14, 2020, 07:33:53 PM »

Ooops I just read John from Austin’s Stones post properly...I cannot believe I did a much more rubbish version in my Tom Jones post...I HONESTLY hadn’t noticed John’s subtle song refs before I did my very silly ones which must have looked like a copycat post ...I’ll get me coat!

Grin

I loved your Tom Jones references; you beat me 8 to 4!  Smiley
Chris from Fieldtown
Sorry Bob

Loc: Fieldtown, Oxon

« Reply #385 on: February 14, 2020, 10:21:53 PM »

Grin

I loved your Tom Jones references; you beat me 8 to 4!  Smiley

On some forums this would be part of a slanging match, here it is a meeting of graciousness. That's why I like this forum

Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #386 on: February 16, 2020, 11:46:12 AM »

Later Youth at Gulliver's, Manchester on Wednesday, aka Jo from The Travelling Band, a new solo project while the band are on hiatus. Support from the excellent Hannah Ashcroft.
wayne stote

« Reply #387 on: February 19, 2020, 01:16:23 PM »

Off to see Inhaler at the weekend.

Decent sounding band featuring Bono's son Elijah. It's weird, I'm not overly fond of U2 but even though the apple hasn't fallen very far from the tree, I've really enjoyed all the inhaler songs I've heard so far.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #388 on: February 19, 2020, 01:53:24 PM »

Just booked for Bright Eyes in Manchester in September. Grin

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
mightyglydd
An electric train freak should have no problems

Loc: Hollywood California

« Reply #389 on: February 20, 2020, 01:40:14 AM »

Decent sounding band featuring Bono's son Elijah. It's weird, I'm not overly fond of U2 but even though the apple hasn't fallen very far from the tree, I've really enjoyed all the inhaler songs I've heard so far.
Enjoy Smiley I don't care who's kid he is, a very decent sounding band, really like everything I've heard, they're playing the The Troubadour (SRO) here In May, currently trying to wangle some tix.
wayne stote

« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2020, 03:12:11 PM »

Enjoy Smiley I don't care who's kid he is, a very decent sounding band, really like everything I've heard, they're playing the The Troubadour (SRO) here In May, currently trying to wangle some tix.

Young Elijah seems to be a talented fellow in his own right. The family connection can be a double edged sword, putting off as many people as it attracts. Never thought John Lennon's boys have had the acclaim their music deserves.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #391 on: February 21, 2020, 07:30:26 PM »

Not a gig, per se, but tonight: author and journalist (and son of Mia) Ronan Farrow at the Paramount Theater, Austin, Texas!

I'm not sure what to expect, but I've been very impressed with him on television and radio. He seems wise beyond his years.

Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #392 on: February 22, 2020, 09:40:45 PM »

Just booked for The Lark Ascending an evening retell img Richard King's book and features Vashti Bunyan, Deep Throat Choir and Westmoorland Orchestra. Vashti is doing a set from across her career, Deep Throat Choir sing a selection of material from the  Greenham Common Songbook and the Westmorland Orchestra will perform The Lark Ascending with readings from the book throughout. It's on at the St Mary's Church Ambleside on the 27th March should be interesting

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
wayne stote

« Reply #393 on: February 23, 2020, 01:19:55 PM »

Inhaler were excellent. They filled the venue and you could see them visibly reacting to the energy from the crowd, growing in stature as the gig progressed. Musicianship and stagecraft were strong and Elijah made a fine frontman. Proof positive that rock ain't dead whatever radio formatters would have you believe.

One small caveat: even for a new band, it was a short gig. Forty five minutes or thereabouts.
mightyglydd
An electric train freak should have no problems

Loc: Hollywood California

« Reply #394 on: February 23, 2020, 02:48:08 PM »

Hah, I'm jealous, the first time I saw U2 at Santa Monica Civic in 1981 they did I Will Follow twice; 11 O'Clock Tick Tock made me an instant convert.
I predict that here in LA, Inhaler are about to get serious airplay....fingers crossed Wink
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #395 on: February 25, 2020, 10:33:15 AM »

As a birthday treat to myself today, I’ve booked a ticket to see the wonderful Cara Dillon on Thursday at the Colchester Arts Centre. Then on Sunday going to see Genesis: Visible Touch in Witham. Not a fan of tribute acts but this has sold out which is unusual for a tribute at Witham Public Hall so thought I would give it a go

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #396 on: February 25, 2020, 02:19:21 PM »

As a birthday treat to myself today, I’ve booked a ticket to see the wonderful Cara Dillon on Thursday at the Colchester Arts Centre. Then on Sunday going to see Genesis: Visible Touch in Witham. Not a fan of tribute acts but this has sold out which is unusual for a tribute at Witham Public Hall so thought I would give it a go

I can vouch for GVT being absolutely top-notch in terms of the whole Genesis experience. The Cropredy booking committee could do a lot worse, to be honest.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #397 on: February 25, 2020, 05:07:15 PM »

Just booked to see Daoiri Farrell at Bury Met next month

The Dude abides
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #398 on: February 26, 2020, 05:46:43 PM »

Bachman - Cummings, Together Again, are touring across Canada June-August 2020. U.S. dates TBA.

This, of course, is Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings, performing the songs of The Guess Who, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, and Burton's solo hits. These guys are the pride of Canada, in the nation's musical pantheon with Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Gordon Lightfoot, and Rush.

I've seen them separately, but not until this year will I finally have the opportunity to see them live, together. Keenly awaiting U.S. dates. Highly recommend to anyone in Canada or the U.S., or willing to travel.

American Woman, No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature, No Time, These Eyes, Undun, Laughing, Takin' Care of Business, Let it Ride, Roll On Down the Highway, You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet, Hey You, Stand Tall, Break it to Them Gently, and on and on. I don't know how they're going to fit everything into the show.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #399 on: February 26, 2020, 06:41:31 PM »

First gigs of the year coming up - Nancy Kerr and James Fagan on Monday and Peter Knight and John Spiers the next Monday.  Both at Nettlebed Folk Club.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: