TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 11, 2019, 06:21:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: general query wrt sat only and camping  (Read 560 times)
iandiddams

« on: August 14, 2019, 09:57:00 AM »

regarding Sat only tickets - is there any possibility of a one night camp/sleepover "on site" so to speak with a campervan?  Or is that a full £40 camping ticket?  Or a case of now banded up go back to a freind's tent  that are alreadyt there and kip there and then leave the enxt day with the vehicle in the car park overnight?

Or is is a strict case of drive in on the Saturday monring, park at williamscott car park, and leave immediately after FC finish?

Obvs in a campervan one can drive a few ,miles and kip in a layby somewhere (which is what we do Wednesday night on the way to Cropredy).

didds
Chris J
n3wb

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 10:05:27 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't camping free if you're only there for Saturday.
iandiddams

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 10:08:00 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't camping free if you're only there for Saturday.

that would certianly be a "perfect" answer :-)  hence my asking :-)

didds
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 10:12:06 AM »

Saturday night only camping has always been a free option in my memory.

DW
iandiddams

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 11:01:36 AM »

ah - found the FAQ I needed eventually

yes indeed - Saturday only Camping is free provided all campers have a Saturday festival ticket.

Anybody know if that is "any" field or a specific one for Saturday only campervan ?

:-)

didds
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 11:14:22 AM »

One that's not full, I'd imagine  Roll Eyes  Grin

...putting the finishing touchés on some witty ripostes
Wandering Steve

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 11:36:19 AM »

I often wonder why how much revenue is lost by having Saturday only tickets.
Theoretically the festival could be sold out by people only turning up on Saturdays for £80 rather than full tickets at £130,this a loss of £50 for every attendee.

Obviously this doesn’t happen,but on sell out years how much has actually been lost by one day attendees?
If the festival wants to remain viable if attendances fall then the first thing to do is sell three day tickets only.

It’s not as if there aren’t plenty of opportunities to see FC throughout the year as a stand alone act in theatres up and down the land without buying a one day festival ticket.

I bet the organisers would love it if next year there is a top notch line up and they sell out with many customers asking for three day tickets only to find they can’t get in because a thousand people only bother coming on a Saturday.

Times change and personally I think doing away with Saturday tickets would raise more money in the long term.

If Saturday only customers still want to come for one act on Saturday they still can.
Buy a three day ticket and explore the Cotswolds on the thurs/fri and turn up on the Saturday to the festival

The extra revenue will ensure the survival of the festival and ensure that at least if you couldn’t get a ticket it wouldn’t be down to someone whose only turning up for one day and putting less into the coffers!!

Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Global Moderator

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 11:46:37 AM »

One that's not full, I'd imagine  Roll Eyes  Grin

Which in recent times, means somewhere on Field 7.

I often wonder why how much revenue is lost by having Saturday only tickets.
Theoretically the festival could be sold out by people only turning up on Saturdays for £80 rather than full tickets at £130,this a loss of £50 for every attendee.

Obviously this doesn’t happen,but on sell out years how much has actually been lost by one day attendees?
If the festival wants to remain viable if attendances fall then the first thing to do is sell three day tickets only.

I bet the organisers would love it if next year there is a top notch line up and they sell out with many customers asking for three day tickets only to find they can’t get in because a thousand people only bother coming on a Saturday.

If there was any threat of this happening, I'm sure the SAturday day tickets would get marked as "sold out" very quickly.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: