TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:36:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Barre Band  (Read 23632 times)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2019, 09:15:06 AM »

Only slight downer was that Martin Barre himself seemed miserable and was not enjoying himself

WHAT? He enjoyed every Minute of it!!!
I was watching bits of it on YouTube last night and he was clearly having a great time! The whole band were  Cheesy

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
abby (tank girl)
never felt happy about quinoa
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Finally settled in my own pad

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2019, 11:39:20 AM »

Only slight downer was that Martin Barre himself seemed miserable and was not enjoying himself

WHAT? He enjoyed every Minute of it!!!

oh Johanna i didn't see you this year !

it'll be fine.......
Ancient Muse (Andy)
As nature intended
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: South Wales

Sometimes a redhead, always a natural blonde!

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2019, 03:06:44 AM »

These were our stand-out highlight of Cropredy (well, definitely Phil's anyway, and I love to see him enjoying himself).
I loved the old familiar songs, Phil actually knew the less familiar ones, and sang along. A couple of chaps in pinkish tshirts near us smiled and danced from start to finish and the singer got Ian Anderson's style off to a T. Very good, very enjoyable.

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
Wardi

Loc: N.Yorkshire

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2019, 01:38:27 PM »

A splendid set and my highlight of the weekend.  The singer was excellent and it was great to see old stagers Clive Bunker and Dee Palmer in the line up.  The girls were in good form too, I loved that version of 'Life's a long song'.

Tull were the first band I ever saw at 14 years of age so I did have slightly watery eyes after hearing all the old favourites.  Take a bow Martin 'Lancelot' Barre.
vince42

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2019, 11:11:04 PM »

A fine old set; just a little disappointed that, given we had Caravan the day before, we didn't get any of The Hare Who Lost His Spectacles...
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2019, 05:25:01 PM »

Absolutely loved it. I did have to check that the singer wasn't Ian Anderson's son; he had all the mannerisms as well as the voice. Martin always comes across a bit like a history professor; very earnest, and loves his subject. He is a brilliant guitarist. Thought Dee was wonderful, only found out her history reading this thread, she obviously loved playing. Both drummers gave their all. Must try and see them do a full concert.

Paul

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2022, 10:30:06 AM »

Not really the right place for it, but didn't really warrant a new thread..

from Martin:

UPDATE: March 3rd 2022

It is with deepest regret that I must make a very difficult decision to cancel all my UK shows in 2022. After returning from my USA tour, which has been personally very challenging – I am taking time out to undertake a very overdue minor operation for an ongoing health issue. I have tried to continue balancing my music, health and fulfilling covid postponed shows for the past few months but alas, can no longer juggle the three, and need to finally take some time out to focus on my health.

I want to personally apologise to all my UK fans, who I know will be dissapointed. But, at this time in my life I am now putting health and my wellbeing first.

Thank you for your support and well wishes!
Martin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: