TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
September 22, 2019, 02:00:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Core Audience  (Read 1921 times)
Bernie

« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2019, 01:27:47 AM »

Was it really Martin Barre who was the weird bloke?
Bernie

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2019, 01:48:04 AM »

Me.. I could not care less who was on!! 20 Years ago and my friend went there. It was a great break from being carers to our parents.. not so much my mate but me more so it is a break from day to day routine, which I no longer have, but my friends mum now has  dementia.. bit of help.... but honestly I couldn't care who is on, the break for my pal, to sit in field, nice camping,  great music, who cares? Peace. Loved Alice, Aussie Pink Floyd and Beach Boys....never in my life did I think I would ever see these guys??  
This is me...even if there was no one on I would still get there to the lovely fields and village atmosphere...cos Croppers is not just another festival.....it is the best ..like I said if no one was there.....I would be.....memories, friends...xxx
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2019, 07:50:56 AM »

This is me...even if there was no one on I would still get there to the lovely fields and village atmosphere...cos Croppers is not just another festival.....it is the best ..like I said if no one was there.....I would be.....memories, friends...xxx

There is much truth in what you say.  Many of my most precious Cropredy memories are from the Thursdays prior to it going 3 days....and, of course, of other times spent in and around the village during the festival.

Once in a while, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!

Loc: Isle of Skye

...rivers always reach the sea.

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2019, 10:14:52 AM »

Was it really Martin Barre who was the weird bloke?

Itís pretty darned obvious that she means Zal Cleminson!

Meminesse sed providere
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2019, 12:16:14 PM »

Me.. I could not care less who was on!! 20 Years ago and my friend went there. It was a great break from being carers to our parents.. not so much my mate but me more so it is a break from day to day routine, which I no longer have, but my friends mum now has †dementia.. bit of help.... but honestly I couldn't care who is on, the break for my pal, to sit in field, nice camping, †great music, who cares? Peace. Loved Alice, Aussie Pink Floyd and Beach Boys....never in my life did I think I would ever see these guys?? †

With you there Bernie!

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2019, 01:16:33 PM »

Me.. I could not care less who was on!! 20 Years ago and my friend went there. It was a great break from being carers to our parents.. not so much my mate but me more so it is a break from day to day routine, which I no longer have, but my friends mum now has †dementia.. bit of help.... but honestly I couldn't care who is on, the break for my pal, to sit in field, nice camping, †great music, who cares? Peace. Loved Alice, Aussie Pink Floyd and Beach Boys....never in my life did I think I would ever see these guys?? †

Great sentiments Bernie and lovely to hear! Getting a little fed up with the moaning Minnieís saying such things as ďI donít go anymore as itís not the same/donít like the Fairport line up anymore/line up not attractiveĒ etc etc. Yes I know this is forum to express opinions and thatís only right so this is mine

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2019, 01:28:42 PM »

Great sentiments Bernie and lovely to hear! Getting a little fed up with the moaning Minnieís saying such things as ďI donít go anymore as itís not the same/donít like the Fairport line up anymore/line up not attractiveĒ etc etc. Yes I know this is forum to express opinions and thatís only right so this is mine

With you there Bingers too!

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
iandiddams

« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2019, 02:15:40 PM »

Im there with the ambience thing entirely.  TBH the past two years, FC aside, the music has been - for _me_ - pretty  meh, whatever.  2018 was woeful.  This year better on paper but on the field it just didnt do ti for me. Caveat :  I wanted to see Frank Turner but was exhausted and ended up falling asleep listening to it in our campervan!  (running to Banbury then parkrun did me in earlier !  LOL).  If I could just camp for Thursday & Friday night with my chums Id happily do that and have a day ticket for Saturday for FC and whoever else on the bill.  But aside form Bridge meadow which doesnt work for our "group" for various reasons it seems, that cant be done ie cant camp without a music ticket.

didds
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: