TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
August 19, 2019, 07:57:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sin'dogs  (Read 1478 times)
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2019, 10:58:08 AM »

sounds like The King

Remember Dread Zeppelin?

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2019, 11:06:00 AM »

Not for me! I think they thought they were playing Download rather than Cropredy. I have a very varied taste in music and do like metal but this was just a poor grungy grind with so-called ‘shock’ lyrics being laughable rather than shocking. And what was it with the face paint? Were they 6 year olds? Whilst I winced but companion loved it. She was delighted by the antics whilst I just cringed. Will not bother with this in the future
Surely the face paint was a nod to the full clown makeup he donned in The SAHB

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2019, 12:13:21 PM »

Not for me! I think they thought they were playing Download rather than Cropredy. I have a very varied taste in music and do like metal but this was just a poor grungy grind with so-called ‘shock’ lyrics being laughable rather than shocking. And what was it with the face paint? Were they 6 year olds? Whilst I winced but companion loved it. She was delighted by the antics whilst I just cringed. Will not bother with this in the future
Surely the face paint was a nod to the full clown makeup he donned in The SAHB

I get that but that was then, in a different (better) band and in a different time

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I hope nobody thought they were MY sideburns
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2019, 12:15:51 PM »

I've already got tickets for Rammstein next year, so it's not that I don't like the style of music.

Elvana are an Elvis impersonator doing a Nirvana tribute set......it has to be seen to be believed, i've seen them this this year.  took me a while to get my head around it, i didn't know whether to laugh or cry but they are tight and somehow pull it off!

sounds like The King

i will look that up, bob
Start with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET-Utlllbdo
I have this album. It's great for the odd car journey!

Confusion will be my epitaph
Danny_C

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2019, 01:13:42 PM »

I think there was a terrible booking error/mixup here - my understanding is that a electro acoustic 5 piece folk band called Slim Dogs ended up playing on the main stage Bloodstock which caused an equal degree of confusion as was caused here.  Slim Dogs have however been reported missing and there is some concern that they were ritually sacrificed and eaten by the audience after they finished!

Whatever the reason the reaction round me was amusing to watch - some of the middle class mums in particular were very concerned about some of the potty mouth language  Grin For me this was the low point of the weekend musically but I did manage to prove you can doze through one dimensional thrash metal with sufficient will power and the aid of a few pints of 6X.
abby (tank girl)
never felt happy about quinoa
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Finally settled in my own pad

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2019, 01:29:28 PM »

I think there was a terrible booking error/mixup here - my understanding is that a electro acoustic 5 piece folk band called Slim Dogs ended up playing on the main stage Bloodstock which caused an equal degree of confusion as was caused here.  Slim Dogs have however been reported missing and there is some concern that they were ritually sacrificed and eaten by the audience after they finished!

Whatever the reason the reaction round me was amusing to watch - some of the middle class mums in particular were very concerned about some of the potty mouth language  Grin For me this was the low point of the weekend musically but I did manage to prove you can doze through one dimensional thrash metal with sufficient will power and the aid of a few pints of 6X.

post of the day right here!!! lol

it'll be fine.......
JennyB
chums at Bloodstock

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2019, 02:17:13 PM »

I did send pics to my chums at Bloodstock, hoping to lure them down with me next year with some false advertising  Wink

I wanted to enjoy these guys, but just couldn't. Very impressed by the chaps around me who were sleeping/reading/sudoku-ing. I tried to stick it out in the hopes it would improve, but in the end just felt like I should have gone off for a wander.
Bob Barrows
Give me time ... it will wear on me
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Auburn, MA USA

Bob

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2019, 02:17:46 PM »

sounds like The King

Remember Dread Zeppelin?

Jules
Yep. I listened to them once, had a good laugh and never returned.
abby (tank girl)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2019, 02:18:47 PM »

I did send pics to my chums at Bloodstock, hoping to lure them down with me next year with some false advertising  Wink

I wanted to enjoy these guys, but just couldn't. Very impressed by the chaps around me who were sleeping/reading/sudoku-ing. I tried to stick it out in the hopes it would improve, but in the end just felt like I should have gone off for a wander.

can one have chums at Bloodstock?

it'll be fine.......
JennyB
chums at Bloodstock

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2019, 02:21:56 PM »

I'm hoping they'll transmogrify back to fine, upstanding folk!
abby (tank girl)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2019, 02:46:10 PM »

I'm hoping they'll transmogrify back to fine, upstanding folk!

pmsl

it'll be fine.......
PeteD
They choose the path where no one goes...Gercha!

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2019, 11:12:13 PM »

I love a bit of metal as much as the next person but they were hardly Metallica were they.
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!

Loc: Isle of Skye

...rivers always reach the sea.

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2019, 11:32:26 PM »

I love a bit of metal as much as the next person but they were hardly Metallica were they.

Grin

Meminesse sed providere
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not Perfect. Never Claimed To Be.

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2019, 12:32:30 AM »

If they were they'd be doing songs like this.

See What I did in 2018  for a selection of my photos.
Johnny Mann

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2019, 07:40:47 AM »

For me it was about the songs. You can paint your face if you like, hang a skull off your guitar, all that stuff, but if your songs don’t grab me, if they all sound pretty generic, then it’s not for me.
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2019, 07:48:14 AM »

If they were they'd be doing songs like this.

That is brilliant...Elmer Fudd  Wules!   Grin Grin

Born to Run (but not very fast)
abby (tank girl)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2019, 11:37:52 AM »

i'll say it again....... mid afternoon third stage Download

it'll be fine.......
Tony Mc

Loc: Funky Fareham

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2019, 03:32:37 PM »

Not fair, and lets agree that here at Talkawhile is mostly folkies, but I thought they were a breath of fresh air, and didn't take themselves or the event seriously.(Language aside which was a shame) Our group of chums had mixed reactions, but overall I liked their set, and put a smile on a few faces.

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand.
Ancient Muse (Andy)
As nature intended
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: South Wales

Sometimes a redhead, always a natural blonde!

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2019, 03:23:50 AM »

Not fair, and lets agree that here at Talkawhile is mostly folkies, but I thought they were a breath of fresh air, and didn't take themselves or the event seriously.(Language aside which was a shame) Our group of chums had mixed reactions, but overall I liked their set, and put a smile on a few faces.

Yep, thats pretty much how I felt, the bad language was unnecessary,  but the music and musicianship was great! And I certainly wasn't going to fall asleep while they were on !  Cool

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
Pippy
ANONYMOUS MEMBER

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2019, 09:34:48 AM »

Didn’t mind them eventually, but I am an old punk, metal fan!
However I did spend a lot of the time worrying about the occasional language and how Peggy thought they would be a (natural) hit at Cropredy.

Maybe they were in other parts of the arena, but not around me.

However I do think you need the Saturday afternoon thug slot😀
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: