TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
August 08, 2020, 04:31:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Banbury parkrun  (Read 2442 times)
iandiddams

« on: July 29, 2019, 09:17:43 AM »

Yes I know there is HHH Smiley

Looking at banbury parkrun Saturday morning...

Anybody ever travel to it from the festival? Driving wont be convenient so was thinking of cycling along the canal... but do the railway shuttles
run early enough etc to be in banbury by eg 0830? And being fair, is That "ok" to use them thus?

Cheers

Didds
iandiddams

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 12:19:17 PM »

DMOR!  Buses start too late to get there on time.  Rail station is a mile form parkrun. Though bus statioin much closer it seems.

so its down to cycling/running there and back
iandiddams

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 01:17:50 PM »

unless anybody else knows different ...  Smiley
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 08:57:22 AM »

Canal towpath ain't too good in places for cycling, Ian. You could end up doing a triathlon.  Wink

Said the straight man, to the late man...
iandiddams

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 01:06:05 PM »

LOL!
Wardi

Loc: N.Yorkshire

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 02:14:30 PM »

As a fellow athlete I suggest you run from Cropredy to the Parkrun, do the Parkrun then run back to Cropredy.  Should be close to 10 miles or 1100-1200 calories.  You could then consume a giant Welsh Oggie, a jam doughnut and a couple of pints at the bar without feeling any guilt whatsoever.  Grin
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 02:31:00 PM »

As a fellow athlete I suggest you run from Cropredy to the Parkrun, do the Parkrun then run back to Cropredy.  Should be close to 10 miles or 1100-1200 calories.  You could then consume a giant Welsh Oggie, a jam doughnut and a couple of pints at the bar without feeling any guilt whatsoever.  Grin

And be back in time to catch the car boot sale at the cricket club, before said refreshment consumption!

Grin

iandiddams

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 04:40:04 PM »

If I could manage the best part of a HM Id do it Wardi - but the thought had crossed my mind :-)

Just about managing 10Ks at the moment (only back running after 7 years post hip replacement in 2012!)

didds

iandiddams

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 08:20:27 AM »

Looks nlike running there, doing the PR then bus back from the bus station which seems closer than the rail station...  Im not up to 10+ miles in my legs yet (ony restarted running a year ago, after 7 years out following a total right hip replacement)

secondary query regarding fares here :-)
http://www.talkawhile.co.uk/yabbse/index.php?topic=46269.0

didds

PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2019, 11:01:24 AM »

I may well join you, Ian. Leave Cropredy at 8am, parkrun at 9am, bus back. We should get plenty of room on the bus...  Wink

iandiddams

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2019, 01:16:20 PM »

I may well join you, Ian. Leave Cropredy at 8am, parkrun at 9am, bus back. We should get plenty of room on the bus...  Wink

PMd you Smiley
paul bond 59

Loc: Lincolnshire

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2019, 05:46:10 PM »

I might be up for that one, but I was considering running the Hash this year.
iandiddams

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2019, 10:02:55 PM »

I might be up for that one, but I was considering running the Hash this year.

how was the ahsh?  I had considered doing both but by the time Id run to banbury and done the PR (got a lift back with a couple mof other festival runners I met at parkrun - thanks steve and john :-)  ) I thought better of it and went and bought some vinyl at the boot fair instead!

didds

iandiddams

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 10:58:11 AM »

Posterity/Interest note...

I ran out through Great Boughton to the A423, then into Banbury.  At the Henneth Way roundabout turn left and shortly there is a path down to the left which leads to a car park at Spiceball park very near the meeting point.

When you reach the A423 there is no path for about a mile until the next road from the left...  looking at a map again there is a road CROW LANE jin Great Broughton that would avopid this no path part and saves 0.1 miles! LOL.

The canal path is probably the niver route but is another 0.5 miles FTR etc.

cheers

didds
Tim Fletcher
Spotify hasn't heard of him either!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London - almost Muswell Hill!

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2019, 12:25:00 PM »

We met a couple of parkrunners as we were crossing  to Field 4 after breakfasting at the Village Hall. One of them was in a Banstead Woods top, so if that was someone on here can I repeat my congratulations to you, and everyone else, for getting there! My home event  is Ally Pally which convenient for pilgrimages to Fairport!

I really must get around to thinking up something witty and urbane to put here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: