TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 13, 2019, 02:22:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trotawhile  (Read 962 times)
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« on: July 08, 2019, 07:47:04 AM »

As traditional, 9am Friday by the gate opposite Bridge Stores. Hopefully a gentle, i.e. chatting pace. Choice of 5km or 10km, depending on weather, hangovers...

Said the straight man, to the late man...
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 11:50:17 AM »

The routes are as follows...

Over the canal by Bridge Stores, turn right past the Canoe Club, turn right to cross the canal again, carry on along this narrow lane until the T-junction with the road to Appletree.

The 5km route goes left here, this road takes us back to the canal, but if it's raining or wet underfoot, I suggest carrying on to the Claydon to Cropredy road instead.

The 10km route goes right, taking us to Appletree, where we go left towards Claydon. Again, we can return via the towpath if conditions are favourable, or continue to Claydon and run back on the road.

Please, if you are joining in, do wear something bright and/or reflective, carry a phone, let someone in your party know what you are doing, and please be aware that this is not an official or organised event... you run at your own risk.

jude
Officer Dibble to you
Global Moderator

officially an old bat.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 02:21:09 PM »

Over the canal by Bridge Stores, turn right past the Canoe Club, turn right to cross the canal again, carry on along this narrow lane until the T-junction with the road to Appletree.

The 5km route goes left here, this road takes us back to the canal, but if it's raining or wet underfoot, I suggest carrying on to the Claydon to Cropredy road instead.

The 10km route goes right, taking us to Appletree, where we go left towards Claydon. Again, we can return via the towpath if conditions are favourable, or continue to Claydon and run back on the road.

Please, if you are joining in, do wear something bright and/or reflective, carry a phone, let someone in your party know what you are doing, and please be aware that this is not an official or organised event... you run at your own risk.

Remember the footbridge by the Bridge Stores  is unuseable at the moment
 [url][https://www.cropredyvillage.info/welcome.htm/url]

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I hope nobody thought they were MY sideburns
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 04:53:39 PM »

Remember the footbridge by the Bridge Stores  is unuseable at the moment
 [url][https://www.cropredyvillage.info/welcome.htm/url]

Huh! If they were REAL athletes they'd leap across!!!  Cheesy

Confusion will be my epitaph
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Global Moderator

officially an old bat.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 05:53:23 PM »

Grin

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 06:20:27 AM »

Grin

Or swim...

Listening to the 5 day farming forecast this morning, we may well need water wings!

On previous experience, the traffic's usually fairly light on Friday morning.

PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 04:37:34 PM »

Big thanks to Stuart (Stewart?) who trotted awhile with me on Friday morning - we managed the 10k route without getting run over, rained on or otherwise wet from falling into the canal!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: