TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 31, 2020, 04:51:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bob Dylan Art  (Read 1514 times)
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« on: May 25, 2019, 01:23:10 PM »

Anyone know where I can get a copy of Joshua Tree Sunrise 2019?

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Bedding down in Bridport for a few months

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 02:18:49 PM »

Just a guess, but try the individual stores of Castle Fine Art listed here? https://www.artsy.net/artwork/bob-dylan-joshua-tree-sunrise-2019

If you know of a nice property to rent in 'Mid Wales' (Powys really, possibly Ceredigion/Monmouthshire) for a year from Aug 2020 do please drop me a line.  Many thanks!
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not Perfect. Never Claimed To Be.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 02:39:35 PM »

https://twitter.com/fdomenella/status/1127570344850722816/photo/1

See this album  for a selection of my photos from 2010-2019.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 03:15:41 PM »

Just a guess, but try the individual stores of Castle Fine Art listed here? https://www.artsy.net/artwork/bob-dylan-joshua-tree-sunrise-2019

Nope. They're sold out. Thanks for answering anyway.
It looks to be the most popular of the new batch.

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 03:56:02 PM »

Pah . Value has doubled since the previous post!

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 04:30:49 PM »

The trouble is that not single person will have purchased that because they like the image - they will have purchased it because it is by Bob Dylan, or it is by Bob Dylan and they like the image.  

The art market is bonkers.  I'm currently cataloguing the archive of Dame Elisabeth Frink, and some of the stuff in there about the value/cost of art (as opposed to it's artistic merit) is unbelievable.  Some of her 'customers' (people you'll have heard of) come across very very badly indeed.

Capitalism, innit (slight return).

If you know of a nice property to rent in 'Mid Wales' (Powys really, possibly Ceredigion/Monmouthshire) for a year from Aug 2020 do please drop me a line.  Many thanks!
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 04:55:01 PM »

The trouble is that not single person will have purchased that because they like the image - they will have purchased it because it is by Bob Dylan, or it is by Bob Dylan and they like the image.  

The art market is bonkers.  I'm currently cataloguing the archive of Dame Elisabeth Frink, and some of the stuff in there about the value/cost of art (as opposed to it's artistic merit) is unbelievable.  Some of her 'customers' (people you'll have heard of) come across very very badly indeed.

Trouble is I really like this one, much more than the ones I actually own, which have proved worthy investments all the same.

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 07:00:39 PM »

Trouble is I really like this one, much more than the ones I actually own, which have proved worthy investments all the same.

So you can then afford to buy one?   Wink Grin

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 07:16:33 PM »

So you can then afford to buy one?   Wink Grin
Savings are no good in the bank at the moment. Would love to try his whiskey but it's a little pricey and won't increase in value.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: