TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
October 19, 2021, 12:04:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cassettes  (Read 70953 times)
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2021, 04:23:43 PM »

Is that the cassette version of a white label?

Nope...it's a second 'pressing' (wrong word, release?) cassette (I've never seen a first)...there's quite a few Island pinks that use the same format.

I once had a cassette of Five Leaves Left that looked like this. I think it was the first Nick Drake thing I bought. Eventually gave it away when I got a vinyl boxed set.

I'd humbly suggest you shouldn't have  Wink Grin  https://www.discogs.com/Nick-Drake-Five-Leaves-Left/release/10513630

Thanks for the link. I've let a few later to be valuable albums go at various times David. Im philosophical now. I think people mean stoical when they say that.

And I still have my Island Nick  Drake vinyl boxed set,  which must be worth a penny or 2    Smiley
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Shropshire

« Reply #261 on: January 23, 2021, 04:26:49 PM »

Thanks for the link. I've let a few later to be valuable albums go at various times David. Im philosophical now. I think people mean stoical when they say that.

I'm sure I can beat you on that score: Throbbing Gristle box sets of cassettes which sell for around $5k these days, sold for £100, and don't even get me started on the Spriguns albums....  Aaaaargh!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #262 on: January 23, 2021, 04:33:35 PM »

I'm sure I can beat you on that score: Throbbing Gristle box sets of cassettes which sell for around $5k these days, sold for £100, and don't even get me started on the Spriguns albums....  Aaaaargh!

Cripes You mean you have one or you used to ?
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #263 on: September 19, 2021, 09:27:11 AM »

Leafing through the new issue of Mojo yesterday I noticed that amongst the formats being made available for a new reissue of Nancy Sinatra's Boots album is 8 Track Cartridge!  Shocked

We have truly crossed the rubicon.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Shropshire

« Reply #264 on: September 19, 2021, 09:47:20 AM »

Leafing through the new issue of Mojo yesterday I noticed that amongst the formats being made available for a new reissue of Nancy Sinatra's Boots album is 8 Track Cartridge!  Shocked

I saw this in Record Collector.  I did LOL  Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #265 on: September 19, 2021, 10:03:34 AM »

Nah. That was crossed when Jon Boden released a wax cylinder version of Last Mile Home.

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: