TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
August 15, 2020, 08:45:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cassettes  (Read 30275 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #220 on: June 28, 2020, 10:58:47 AM »

I should add that most of the cassettes I buy cost pennies (or no more than a couple of quid anyway).  But I quite often buy, say 25 tapes for a tenner, keep the two I want and flog the rest for £2 to £5 a pop.  I only need to sell a handful and I'm generally well into profit.  There's a surprising amount of people in this market place.  

If you know of a nice property to rent in 'Mid Wales'/The borders (Powys really, possibly Ceredigion/Monmouthshire or Herefordshire) for a year from now do please drop me a line.  Many thanks!
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #221 on: June 28, 2020, 04:53:25 PM »

As I have been digitizing my old casstette tapes and have come across some Gregson and Collister tapes, brand new and unplayed. I picked these up in a sale for no money really, probably 50p each. †I have 2 x A Change in the Weather, 2 x Love is A Stange Hotel (wonderful album) and a copy of the Last Word (one of my favourites) †If you want one or two, message me and they will be yours. Obviously first ask, first gets.... †

Coincidentally Ronaldo have a cassette Change in the weather. †It was given to me a lot of years ago.Thankyou †for reminding me.🙂

Sorry don't know a Ronaldo. Auto complete godammit.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2020, 11:30:58 PM »

I spent £125 on a cassette a couple of months back. †This was £38. †

**** me up the arse with a big stick!   Shocked

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2020, 08:27:21 AM »

**** me up the arse with a big stick! † Shocked

Jules

Now here is a phrase I did not expect to read on TAW while eating my breakfast!  Grin
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2020, 09:04:59 AM »

**** me up the arse with a big stick! † Shocked

Jules

Interesting response.  I do find it odd though...nobody bats an eye at people spending £1k on a record.  Anyway, these tapes are far far rarer than the vinyl which is far far more expensive.  I call that a bargain.  But go figure!

If you know of a nice property to rent in 'Mid Wales'/The borders (Powys really, possibly Ceredigion/Monmouthshire or Herefordshire) for a year from now do please drop me a line.  Many thanks!
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #225 on: June 29, 2020, 09:40:58 AM »

Interesting response. †I do find it odd though...nobody bats an eye at people spending £1k on a record. †

I do.

But I'm not knocking you.  I'm merely flabbergasted.  I know you know what you're doing.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #226 on: June 29, 2020, 09:43:00 AM »

I know you know what you're doing.

Lol Grin  I'm going to quote that to SWMBO...

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #227 on: July 22, 2020, 02:16:16 PM »

My quest to complete a Fairport tape collection doesn't save me from albums I'm not even very keen on.  I've just picked up WKWTTG ('97) on Woodworm (WRC025).  Does anybody else have this on cassette?  Reason I ask is because it's not on discogs.

Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #228 on: July 22, 2020, 03:14:40 PM »

Noticed the forthcoming reissue of Rolling Stones : Goat's Head Soup is in multiple versions, including cassette.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #229 on: July 22, 2020, 03:24:58 PM »

Noticed the forthcoming reissue of Rolling Stones : Goat's Head Soup is in multiple versions, including cassette.

Thanks for that  Smiley

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #230 on: July 22, 2020, 04:08:49 PM »

Thanks for that †Smiley

Here's the link btw if anyone is interested.  https://uk.therollingstonesshop.com/*/*/Goats-Head-Soup-2020-Limited-Cassette/6LAO0000000  All the big boys are in on this game now - the last Who album etc etc

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: