TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:47:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Bargain Bin  (Read 128085 times)
DawnG

« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2020, 12:06:22 PM »

if you go to their website click on Ashley Hutchings where it says featured artists and it comes up with all the cds hope that helps
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2020, 12:17:39 PM »

Steam driven?! It's not as fast as that, Dave.

I've given up on it - virtually unusable search, it's so lethargic.  Sorry, TE, but you really need to get your website sorted...

I know it isn't great, but it wasn't that bad when I ordered the albums from them the other day.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2020, 02:01:46 PM »

I've given up on it - virtually unusable search, it's so lethargic.  Sorry, TE, but you really need to get your website sorted...

I know it isn't great, but it wasn't that bad when I ordered the albums from them the other day.

I'm sure it's worse than it used to be - I bought a fair few CDs from the site a few years back, and it was definitely smoother to use.

Flobbadob!
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2020, 04:36:59 PM »

I'm sure it's worse than it used to be - I bought a fair few CDs from the site a few years back, and it was definitely smoother to use.

I've just used the site without any difficulty, prompted by this conversation. So that is money I did not intend to spend  Grin

Paradise & Thorns
Gone Missing

The reissue of The Guvnor's Big Birthday Bash for a fiver
and
Dylancentric for £8 which I didn't even realise had been released. It is a recording of some of Ashley's Dylan tribute show on the Isle of Wight last August.
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2020, 08:27:02 AM »

Talking Elephant are doing an offer on a bunch of Ashley Hutchings and related bands (Albions, Rainbow Chasers, etc) albums, so if anyone wants to get hold of some of his back catalogue, there's some decent albums in there for only a fiver.  I picked up the Dylancentric album, My Land Is Your Land and his Beginnings of FC show.

And if anyone can actually work out how to order the bloody things from the steam driven website, do let me know...  Smiley Grin

Click on the album of choice and it should give you a track listing and a basket. I think it might be better to go via Ashley's own site. The link I Googled seemed to be from Christmas time.

Well I never did..
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2020, 09:09:58 AM »

Talking Elephant are doing an offer on a bunch of Ashley Hutchings and related bands (Albions, Rainbow Chasers, etc) albums, so if anyone wants to get hold of some of his back catalogue, there's some decent albums in there for only a fiver.  I picked up the Dylancentric album, My Land Is Your Land and his Beginnings of FC show.

And if anyone can actually work out how to order the bloody things from the steam driven website, do let me know...  Smiley Grin

Click on the album of choice and it should give you a track listing and a basket. I think it might be better to go via Ashley's own site. The link I Googled seemed to be from Christmas time.

Just to clarify - are the CDs still signed?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2020, 09:22:15 AM »

Just to clarify - are the CDs still signed?

Of the three I bought, only one was.  And seemed to be signed 'to Adrei', so I assume that had been left over from a previous signing session when someone didn't collect their CD?!  The other two were just in cardboard sleeves, wrapped in plastic, so couldn't have been signed easily anyway.

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2020, 12:34:19 PM »

Tony Banks' 4 CD compilation A Chord Too Far is available on Google Play for £5.99 (https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Tony_Banks_A_Chord_Too_Far?id=B74m756lhnfmqtpwnfhmc46er6m).  Actually there are 4 tracks missing compared to the physical version, all from his two more 'classical' albums on a different label, so I assume it is a rights/permissions issue.  Since I have one of those anyway, it didn't bother me too much.

Listening now and enjoying it on the whole.  There are a couple of tracks on there with Fish on vocals.  Was this a nod to those who said that early Marillion were Genesis clones?!

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2020, 05:02:33 PM »

The Police, in a box, all the studio albums plus a CD of versions, etc. £4.99 in HMV Cheltenham. I was slightly tempted by the Hot Rats box at a little over half price... but £75 for 6 CDs is still, I think, over the top. It's rumoured HMV is again in trouble, and may well be selling off a lot from its overstocked warehouses... worth keeping an eye on??

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2020, 05:06:49 PM »

The Police, in a box, all the studio albums plus a CD of versions, etc. £4.99 in HMV Cheltenham. I was slightly tempted by the Hot Rats box at a little over half price... but £75 for 6 CDs is still, I think, over the top. It's rumoured HMV is again in trouble, and may well be selling off a lot from its overstocked warehouses... worth keeping an eye on??

Thanks for the heads up.  I think the Chester one is still open...when I'm back up in the NW the week after next I'll pop along and have a look.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2020, 06:01:34 PM »

Cream Farewell Tour box is £26.

Revisiting the Police, I'd forgotten just how good Andy Summers is...

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2020, 06:05:28 PM »

Cream Farewell Tour box is £26.

Revisiting the Police, I'd forgotten just how good Andy Summers is...

I prefer his pre- and post-Police work if I'm honest, but he is a great one.  He's nearer 78 than 77 as well now.  Gulp.

blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2020, 05:12:27 PM »

Got myself a fistful today there are mostly £2.99 with a nice range to choose from including Richard & Linda, Mister Marley, John Martyn, Traffic etc.
My haul included Rosanne Cash, Lee Perry, Courtney Pine and the two Mark Knopler CDs I didn't possess.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2020, 12:00:18 PM »

We went to town in search of a large plastic box thinking of going to Wilko or similar. However passing by a charity shop we were tempted to go in. Of course we found a large plastic box of the type we wanted. It was priced at £15 but contained nearly 50 X-Files DVDs containing 4 episodes each. How long is social distancing going to last?

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2020, 01:52:02 PM »

We went to town in search of a large plastic box thinking of going to Wilko or similar. However passing by a charity shop we were tempted to go in. Of course we found a large plastic box of the type we wanted. It was priced at £15 but contained nearly 50 X-Files DVDs containing 4 episodes each. How long is social distancing going to last?

The truth is out there
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2020, 02:00:38 PM »

How long is social distancing going to last?

Until early June 2020, in my experience.

Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2020, 01:04:42 AM »

The truth is out there
Excellent!  Cheesy

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2020, 10:04:57 AM »

The Complete Columbia Albums Collection by The Byrd's. 13 CDs. £28.99 from Amazon this morning.  Smiley
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2020, 11:28:38 AM »

The Complete Columbia Albums Collection by The Byrd's. 13 CDs. £28.99 from Amazon this morning.  Smiley

Well played, Al. That's plugged a couple of gaps. Thanks.  Grin

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
Brian Green

« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2020, 12:05:47 PM »

Thanks for the tip . Byrds box looks to be a real bargain with all the additional tracks.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: