TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:09:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Bargain Bin  (Read 128058 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2019, 06:17:14 PM »

Sounds nice. I've had the album.on CD for some time (Scenescof). 40 copies ain't many

This is the (so far, I think) unreleased follow up, Alan  Smiley

So I've discovered since posting David - I joined the Fbk page and looked at the advert. Sold out already, so.i wont be tempted, but thanks for flagging it up.  Roll Eyes

Bad luck.  Not arriving til June/July I don't think, but I'll be happy to let you have a listen once I have it  Smiley

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2019, 12:20:54 PM »

Sounds nice. I've had the album.on CD for some time (Scenescof). 40 copies ain't many

This is the (so far, I think) unreleased follow up, Alan  Smiley

So I've discovered since posting David - I joined the Fbk page and looked at the advert. Sold out already, so.i wont be tempted, but thanks for flagging it up.  Roll Eyes

Bad luck.  Not arriving til June/July I don't think, but I'll be happy to let you have a listen once I have it  Smiley

Cheers David.  Who knows, it may get a wider release sometime.  Cool
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2019, 11:59:32 AM »

Nick Drake's box set Tuck Box for £20 from a flea market, still shrinkwrapped. Currently £120 on Amazon. Not bad I got £300 for my vinyl copy of Five Leaves Left a few years ago.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2019, 06:51:22 PM »

Nick Drake's box set Tuck Box for £20 from a flea market, still shrinkwrapped. Currently £120 on Amazon. Not bad I got £300 for my vinyl copy of Five Leaves Left a few years ago.

Nice one!  I was pleased to pick up an 'as new' copy for about twice that a few months back.  

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2019, 01:09:44 PM »

Picked up a clutch of pre-loved Kate Rusby cd's for uder a tenner, "Awkward Annie", "Little Lights", "Underneath The Stars"  & "The Girl Who Couldn't Fly". Nestled under the tray of the former was Ian Anderson's "The Secret Language of Birds". Something I would not have gone out of my way for, but "one man gathers what another man spills".  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 01:28:34 PM by quodlibet (Ian) » Logged

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
Peter Allen

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2019, 02:12:57 PM »

Picked up a clutch of pre-loved Kate Rusby cd's for uder a tenner, "Awkward Annie", "Little Lights", "Underneath The Stars"  & "The Girl Who Couldn't Fly". Nestled under the tray of the former was Ian Anderson's "The Secret Language of Birds". Something I would not have gone out of my way for, but "one man gathers what another man spills".  Smiley

Great set of albums , and I probably paid upwards  of £8 each for mine , but I don't regret a penny
She did a great duet with Ronan Keating which got her on TOTP "All Over Again" which should have helped grow her audience
I always thought she was destined for bigger things , maybe she still is ! Or maybe mainstream success  would have came at too high a price , the compromises required etc

Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2019, 04:23:49 PM »

At last, after months of being jealous of other people's charity shop finds, I've finally found a bargain in a local charity shop. Not earth shattering, but finding Bellowhead's 'Matachin' for 99p amongst the Michael Buble, One Direction and Spice Girl's stuff that usually fills our local shops has made my day. (I'm easily pleased)
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2019, 03:18:44 PM »

Jazz trumpeter Mark Isham's "Miles project" for £1.99 and Public Service Broadcasting's "Every Valley" for £4 the other day.

Flobbadob!
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2019, 02:23:52 PM »

James/Eno "Wah Wah" and (since they're on at Cropredy this year and I thought I'd better get to know at least some of their stuff!) the Waterboys' "Fisherman's Blues". £1.50 each.

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2019, 11:26:03 AM »

I offered them £30, but I haven't heard anything, sadly...  Undecided Grin

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dave-Pegg-Box-of-Peggs-Mint-brand-new-condition/183919068383?hash=item2ad26e44df:g:NfIAAOSw1J1dUuTO

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2019, 11:57:43 AM »

Heck is it worth that much?

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2019, 01:27:18 PM »

Just catching up with the booty snaffled at the cricket pitch last week including

"The Portugese Handshake" - Meet on the Ledge - staright ahead folk rock with some nice original "trad" type songs

"More Love Songs"  - RT's all over thus making it one of my favourite LWII albums

"Moodance" - Van Morrison two disc edition.

"Real Sharp" - Chilli Willi & the Red Hot Peppers 3lps+ on two cds - suddenly its Sunday afternoon at the Roundhouse again. What a good guitarist Martin Stone was.

Six cd set of Jefferson Starship radio shows from '74, '75 & '75, before it all went terribly wrong. The first show has a neat extract from "Blows Against The Empire"

Very happy.  Smiley

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2019, 02:28:17 PM »

No.  Look at discogs...none up there at present (so it is fairly uncommon) but generally sells around the £35-50 mark.

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2019, 02:29:17 PM »

Six cd set of Jefferson Starship radio shows from '74, '75 & '75, before it all went terribly wrong. The first show has a neat extract from "Blows Against The Empire"

More details please, Ian...

quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2019, 02:56:20 PM »

Amazon's price slightly more than the £7 charged at Cropredy.  Grin

https://www.amazon.co.uk/70-Broadcast-Collection-box-set/dp/B07SR84KWD/ref=sr_1_5?qid=1566136330&refinements=p_32%3AStarship&s=music&sr=1-5

PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2019, 07:25:25 AM »

From Cropredy…

Car boot sale: the reissued Bakerloo album (£4)

The stall by the garage: Fiddlers' Bid "All Dressed in Yellow" (£2.50)

CD tent in The Field: LAU [remixed] (£7), and - an unmarked/untitled CD on the Venture label for £1 that had an interesting and slightly familiar sleeve design... I later Googled the catalogue no (DSRM1) to discover it's "Ember Glance - The Permanence of Memory" by David Sylvian & Russell Mills.  Now wonder it looked familiar - I already have a copy (the full 96-page photobook + CD edition), which was also a bargain buy from a record shop in St. Helier, Jersey many years ago.

And from discogs: £2.50 for Sarathy Korwar's "My West is your East" 2CD set of live interpretations of pieces by Alice Coltrane, Shakti etc.

Flobbadob!
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2019, 09:39:16 AM »

Eliza Carthy's Red Rice picked up from the Reading Oxfam music shop for £3.99.  Nearly bought the David Gilmour Live from Gdansk double CD + DVD set for the same price too, but the cover was pretty duffed in and when I took it to the desk the discs were as well, so passed on it.  Shame.  Would have been a real bargain otherwise!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2019, 06:04:54 PM »

Amazon's price slightly more than the £7 charged at Cropredy.  Grin

https://www.amazon.co.uk/70-Broadcast-Collection-box-set/dp/B07SR84KWD/ref=sr_1_5?qid=1566136330&refinements=p_32%3AStarship&s=music&sr=1-5

You did well there!

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2019, 11:24:14 AM »

New Mighty Baby box set due shortly on Cherry Red...6CD set at the preposterous price of £24.99

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/mighty-baby-at-a-point-between-fate-and-destiny-the-complete-recordings-6cd-boxset/

I'm lucky enough to be in possession of a preview (digital) copy of this, and if you're remotely interested in the band, you do definitely want it.

quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2019, 01:41:10 PM »

New Mighty Baby box set due shortly on Cherry Red...6CD set at the preposterous price of £24.99

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/mighty-baby-at-a-point-between-fate-and-destiny-the-complete-recordings-6cd-boxset/

I'm lucky enough to be in possession of a preview (digital) copy of this, and if you're remotely interested in the band, you do definitely want it.

Yep. That's a bargain.  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: