TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 26, 2020, 05:58:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Folk music on the radio?  (Read 17987 times)
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2020, 04:02:33 PM »

Tonight, 7pm 'til 9pm :

This week's trawl through the Scattering The Roots vault takes you back to 17th July 2018, and features music from :

Niall Kelly, Ruby & The Revelators, Judy Dyble, Jon Gomm, Megan Linford, Maria Muldaur, Andrew Duhon, Alice Milburn, Marley Blandford, Bex Marshall, Danni Nicholls, Thea Gilmore, Joan Osborne, Jo Harman, The Jigantics, All About Eve, Transatlantic, Oysterband, Le Vent Du Nord, Waterson:Carthy, Van Morrison, Dave Swarbrick, The Rolling Stones...

Listen tonight, 7pm 'til 9pm on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB and online here :

www.expressfm.com/programmes/scattering-the-roots/
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2020, 08:14:34 PM »

Tonight, 7pm 'til 9pm :

This week's trawl through the Scattering The Roots vault takes you back to 17th July 2018, and features music from :

Niall Kelly, Ruby & The Revelators, Judy Dyble, Jon Gomm, Megan Linford, Maria Muldaur, Andrew Duhon, Alice Milburn, Marley Blandford, Bex Marshall, Danni Nicholls, Thea Gilmore, Joan Osborne, Jo Harman, The Jigantics, All About Eve, Transatlantic, Oysterband, Le Vent Du Nord, Waterson:Carthy, Van Morrison, Dave Swarbrick, The Rolling Stones...

Right, apologies. Due to technical shenanigans, the archive show played last week is playing again now instead of the above detailed show. The above show will be played another time, apologies again to anyone listening.
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2020, 09:07:47 PM »

Tonight, 7pm 'til 9pm :

Right, apologies. Due to technical shenanigans, the archive show played last week is playing again now instead of the above detailed show. The above show will be played another time, apologies again to anyone listening.

*UPDATE* Wouldn't normally triple post but technical gremlins now resolved and this week's show is on air right now 'til 11pm !

(last week's show was played 7-9pm, so there's  double bill of Scattering The Roots tonight !)
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2020, 12:21:24 PM »

After watching the CCC Fest last weekend I showed my support for some of the artists by buying a few cds and downloads so there are tracks by them on this show. Also one by Martin Stephenson who is recovering from an accident involving a lawnmower which resulted in him nearly losing part of a finger. I think it's his right hand rather than left but pretty nasty all the same.

Jenn & Laura-Beth, Lukas Drinkwater, Gilmore & Roberts, James J Turner, Katie Spencer, Findlay Napier, Gigspanner Big Band, Luke Jackson, Greg Russell & Ciaran Algar, Martin Stephenson, Graham MacKenzie and The Stranglers.

Listen to the show at https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-15-may-2020/

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2020, 01:45:20 PM »

After watching the CCC Fest last weekend I showed my support for some of the artists by buying a few cds and downloads so there are tracks by them on this show. Also one by Martin Stephenson who is recovering from an accident involving a lawnmower which resulted in him nearly losing part of a finger. I think it's his right hand rather than left but pretty nasty all the same.

Jenn & Laura-Beth, Lukas Drinkwater, Gilmore & Roberts, James J Turner, Katie Spencer, Findlay Napier, Gigspanner Big Band, Luke Jackson, Greg Russell & Ciaran Algar, Martin Stephenson, Graham MacKenzie and The Stranglers.

Listen to the show at https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-15-may-2020/

Martin Stephenson is continuing to play without his damaged finger, last week on his live facebook stream he played a snipped of "I fought the lawn (and the lawn won)" which was pretty funny.
Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2020, 05:23:31 PM »

Tonight 7pm 'til 9pm :

This week's expedition into the Scattering The Roots vault takes you back to 29th May 2018, and features music from :

Bruce Springsteen, Jackson C Frank, Fairport Convention, Rory Gallagher, Jo Harman, Adrian Duffy & The Mayo Bros., Dar Williams, Dodson & Fogg, American Scarecrows, Dawn & Hawkes, Dean Fields, Derek Webb, Carl Anderson, Naomi Bedford, Eden The Cat, Jake Vroon, Holly Arrowsmith, Heather Maloney, Dottie Scharr, Eleanor, Dustin Ransom, Marillion, Steve Howe, Led Zeppelin...

Dan O.
I was the face of 2001
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #126 on: Today at 03:16:12 PM »

Tonight 7pm 'til 9pm

This week's trawl through the Scattering The Roots archives goes back to 4th September 2018 and features music from :

Shawn Colvin, Bonnie Raitt, Levon Helm, Martyn Joseph, Heather Maloney, Laura Nyro, Joni Mitchell, Hedy West, Ade Cull, Mondegreen, Chris Thomas, Dick Van Altena, Leif De Leeuw, Eliza Carthy & Norma Waterson, Will Pound, Beth Bombara, John Baumann, Yes, Richard Thompson, Dire Straits, Rolling Stones, Dave Swarbrick...

Listen tonight, 7pm 'til 9pm on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB and on the world-wide interweb here :

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: