TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:51:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Folk music on the radio?  (Read 189325 times)
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2019, 04:17:24 PM »

This week's show has tracks by...

Kathryn Tickell & The Darkening, Thea Gilmour, Gilmore & Roberts, Dick Gaughan, Cara, Annie Raitt & Bridget Forsyth, Scott Wood Band, Bert Jansch, Nancy Kerr & James Fagan, Donald MacNeill & Roberto Diana, Nick Keir, Chris & Kellie While, Hannah Saunders & Ben Savage and Haddo.

Listen at https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-1-december-2019/

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2019, 07:07:34 PM »

I'll  be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10 pm 'til Midnight, a groovessential blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Bruce Springsteen, Michael Weston King, Nick Drake, Sandy Denny, Kirsty MacColl, Waterboys, Jeff Buckley, The Chair, Jeff Buckley, Jack McNeil & Charlie Heys, Steeleye Span, Jackson C Frank, Yes, Richard Thompson, Elvis Costello, David Gilmour, Levellers, Eagles, Bob Dylan...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the world-wide interweb here :

www.expressfm.com/programmes/scattering-the-roots/

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2019, 04:43:15 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, an intoxicating brew of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Patti Scialfa, Bruce Springsteen, Edwina Hayes, Joni Mitchell, Butterfield Blues Band, Civil Wars, Paul Simon, Paul Brady, Clive Gregson, Weddings Parties Anything, Fleetwood Mac, Bee Gees, Frank Turner, Dani Wilde, Billy Bragg and more...

Listen on DAB, on 93.7 FM, and on the interweb here :

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2019, 01:06:34 PM »

A belated posting of last Sunday's show as I had problems uploading to Mixcloud and was then away for a couple of days. If you want a listen to tracks by...

The Bad Shepherds, Mhairi Lockett, Rory McLeod, Angie Palmer, Dick Gaughan, The Unthanks, Jez Lowe and the Bad Pennies, Miranda Sykes & Rex Preston, Billy Bragg, Hugh Cornwell, Roving Crows, Duncan McCrone, The Low Countries and Idiot Johnson

Go to - https://www.mixcloud.com/GingerfeatherFM/otbt-081219/

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2019, 04:18:20 PM »

This week's show is a look back at albums released this year with tracks by...

Howard Haigh, Claire Hastings, Megson, Lau, Mikey Kenney, Kathryn Tickell & The Darkening, Ralph McTell, Rihannon Giddens & Francesco Turrissi, Trio Dhoore, Blanche Rowan & Mike Gulston, Songs of Our Native Daughters, The Steve Howe Trio and Dog Daisies.

No Ginger Feather broadcast today so it's just on Mixcloud https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-15-december-2019/

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2019, 04:23:03 PM »

One final mix for 2019 as we're now talking a break at Ginger Feather FM until the New Year. Some Festive tunes, some blues, a bit of gospel and Denny Laine's rather fine cover of Blackbird. Also on the playlist...

Emily Smith, The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, Jake Shimabukuro, Peter Paul and Mary, Manic Street Preachers, Indigo Girls, Big Country, Gigspanner, Sonny Terry, Blind Boys of Alabama, Fleetwood Mac, Ted Hawkins, James J Turner and Jethro Tull.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-xmas-and-holiday-mix/

Wishing you all a Cool Yuletide.

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2019, 03:31:10 PM »

*** Tonight 9pm 'til Midnight ***

Scattering The Christmas Special with Dan Ogus, a very special 3 hour (yes 3 hour !) celebration of seasonal tune-age on 93.7 Express FM, tonight from 9pm 'til Midnight.

Grab a mince pie and some of your favourite tipple, put your feet up and enjoy festive sounds from the following artists :

Marillion, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Brian Wilson, The Band, Big Big Train, The Barsteward Sons Of Val Doonican (feat. Maartin Allcock), Steve Lukather & Friends, The Ramones, Alvin & The Chipmunks, Joseph Spence, Yes (Chris Squire & Alan White), Robin Bibi, Judith Owen & Julia Fordham, Albion Christmas Band, Bob Dylan, Shane McGowan & The Popes, Beach Boys, Laura Nyro, Dennis Wilson, Trad. Arrr., Rickie Lee Jones, Blackmore's Night, Chicago, Eric Clapton, Joe Bonamassa, Otis Gibbs, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Shawn Colvin, John Fahey, Bellowhead, Maddy Prior & The Carnival Band, Zack Schmidt, Alison Krauss & Robert Plant, Lynyrd Skynyrd, BB King, Bert Jansch...

Listen tonight, 9pm 'til Midnight, on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the world-wide web here :

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2020, 04:07:19 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight (following a break for New Year's Eve) - the usual great blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Jinder, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Jo Harman, Amelia White, Suzanne Vega, Edie Brickell, Daniel Nestlerode, Eagles, Kirsty MacColl, Oysterband, All About Eve, Roger McGuinn, Pokey LaFarge, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Marc Scibilia, Dennis Ellsworth, The Puss Puss Band, The Icarus Account, Thomas LaVine, Molly Pinto Madigan, The Slambovian Circus Of Dreams...

Listen 10pm 'til Midnight, tonight, on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB and on the interweb here :

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2020, 04:35:14 PM »

No broadcasts on Ginger Feather FM this Sunday so I've put together a bluegrass mix after buying the latest cd by The Jaywalkers. Also on the playlist are...

The High Bar Gang, The Foghorn String Band, Run Boy Run, Our Native Daughters, Jonathan Byrd, Gillian Welch, Locust Honey String Band, The Bean Pickers Union, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Wood Wire & Words, Alison Krauss & Union Station and The Tillers.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/bluegrass-mix-january-2020/

The first Jaywalkers track has the lovely title of "Homage to the Fromage."  Smiley

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2020, 12:56:24 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a most agreeable blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Martin Simpson, Dick Gaughan, Al Stewart, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Shawn Colvin, Jeff Beck, Frank Zappa, Richard Thompson, Fairground Attraction, Joe Bonamassa, Rolling Stones, Kate Bush, Tift Merritt, Nick Primuth, The Mammals, Yes, Queen, Mike Oldfield, Silly Sisters, Dusty Springfield, PJ Wright, Albion Band...

Listen on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB, and on the world-wide web here :

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2020, 05:59:24 PM »

Show uploaded to Mixcloud with tracks by...

Kris Drever & Eamonn Coyne, The Rails, Damien O'Kane, Kate Rusby, Steeleye Span, Pentangle, Richard & Linda Thompson, Breabach, Ollie King, Rory McLeod and Eddi Reader.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-16-january-2020/

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2020, 05:25:55 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, an intriguing blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Bruce Springsteen, Le Vent Du Nord, Matthews Southern Comfort, Megan Linford, Suzanne Vega, Amba Tremain, Lucy Ward, Sarah McQuaid, Bap Kennedy, The Kinks, The Beatles, Matt Patershuk, 24 Pesos, Ad Vanderveen, Carrie Tree, Catherine McLean, Amy Wadge, Tom Petty, Steve Earle, Alice Russell, Albion Band, The Eagles, New Model Army...

Listen on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB and on the world wide web here :

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2020, 03:55:53 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a jamboree of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Dr John, Megan Henwood, Lady Antebellum, Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit, Elvis Costello, Wilco, Mumford & Sons, Pete Kennedy, Rita Hosking, Fairport Convention, Gilmore & Roberts, Heart Of Oak, Skylor Brumbeloe, The Weight Band, David Olney, Vanessa Peters, Dean Maywood, The Staves, McKenzie Lockhart, Adam Ezra Group, Fleet Foxes, Krista Detor, David Celia, Andy Burrows...

Listen on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB and on t'interweb here :

JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2020, 09:29:47 AM »

Seth Lakeman is presenting a 'Folk map of the British Isles' Radio 2 Saturday 9pm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000dz9c

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2020, 05:26:45 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a veritable smorgasbord of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Indigo Girls, Brooks Williams, Cam Penner, Findlay Napier, Winter Wilson, Housemartins, Trad Arrr, Flossie Malavialle, Amor, Ian McNabb, Show Of Hands, The Hoax, Clive Gregson, Jon Gomm, Mike Scott, Robert Plant, Niall Kelly, Peter Mulvey, Kitty MacFarlane, Beach Boys, Kate Rusby, Jennifer Warnes...

Listen on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB and on the interweb here :

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2020, 09:18:09 AM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a refreshing blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Track Dogs, Sonny Landreth, Frazey Ford, Dick Gaughan, Tamsin Quin, Stephen Fearing, Ry Cavanaugh, Homesick Mick, Gordon Giltrap (feat. Brian May, Midge Ure, Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman), Norman Lamont, Sam Lewis, Miles Nielsen & The Rusted Hearts, Neil Bob Herd & The Dirty Little Acoustic Band, David Bowie, Heather Maloney, Ben Kunder, Cara Dillon, Lonnie Mack, We Lost The Sun, Titus Haug, Bert Jansch, Deb Sandland, Jo Harman...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on t'interweb here :

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2020, 04:06:34 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a cunningly-blended selection of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Bellowhead, Teddy Thompson, Paul Brady, The Imagined Village, Capercaillie, Bruce Springsteen, Paul Simon, Tori Amos, Muddy Waters, Judy Dyble, Frank Turner, Chris Smither, Sally Barker, Bob Fox, Robin James Hurt, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers (feat. Eric Clapton), Jethro Tull, Isaac Guillory, Dougie MacLean, Austin Manuel, Mississippi John Hurt...

Listen 10pm 'til Midnight on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB and on the interweb here :

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2020, 06:07:16 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a melting pot of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Clive Gregson, Sean Taylor, Fairport Convention, Bob Mould, Bob Dylan, All About Eve, Linda Thompson, Buffalo Springfield, Oysterband, Otis Gibbs, Blair Dunlop and much, much more.

Listen on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB and online here :

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2020, 04:19:33 PM »

The first mix in a while with these on the playlist...

Luke Jackson, The Jaywalkers, Paddy Garrigan & The Stroller Priests, Michael Roach, Our Native Daughters, I'm With Her, Nancy Kerr & James Fagan, Ben Reel, The Legends of Tomorrow, Smith & McLennan, Ralph McTell & Wizz Jones, Fairport Convention, Jez Lowe and Deep Cabaret.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-26-february-2020/

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2020, 06:04:23 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a veritable smorgasbord of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Van Morrison, Ezio, Nick Harper, Jeff Buckley, Dervish, The Rails, Jackson Browne, Davy Graham, Neil Young, Ashley Hutchings All Stars, Matthew Perryman Jones, Sofia Talvik, Tow'rs, Rolling Stones, Gretchen Peters, Travelling Wilburys, Eagles, Joni Mitchell, Flash, Carl Anderson, Jennifer Crook, June Tabor & Oysterband...

Listen on 93.7 Express FM, on DB and on the interweb here :

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: