TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:58:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving Grace (featuring Robert Plant)  (Read 37634 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« on: March 16, 2019, 04:30:37 PM »

Carmarthen 16th April.

Get in  Grin

https://www.theatrausirgar.co.uk/en/shows/saving-grace?fbclid=IwAR0dozX8IK4jxlbgjBcapmxG8IGO_TWsdRM-gGUel2DnHFdcmNfK9xyzrFc

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 10:55:06 PM »

We'll be there. Already booked.

* Percy.jpg (55.16 KB, 683x960 - viewed 1501 times.)

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 10:26:33 AM »

It's probably the only time I've ever welcomed a Facebook sponsored advert.  Most of the best tickets had already gone by the time I got in, but, hey, who cares  Smiley How did you hear about it, Andy?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Andy
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 07:40:54 AM »

It's probably the only time I've ever welcomed a Facebook sponsored advert.  Most of the best tickets had already gone by the time I got in, but, hey, who cares  Smiley How did you hear about it, Andy?
Simon Nicol kindly tagged me in a post announcing it. It was booked within 10 minutes :-)

Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 07:42:03 AM »

Lucky you two!

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 07:21:33 PM »

By the way, I do have a plus one (I bought two on impulse but my other half can't get down), so if anybody here, or you know of anybody here who wants one, do drop me a line...

Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 08:02:37 PM »

By the way, I do have a plus one (I bought two on impulse but my other half can't get down), so if anybody here, or you know of anybody here who wants one, do drop me a line...

She doesn’t need to ‘get down’...it is Robert Plant, not  Kool and the Gang! ( other funk bands are available)  Grin

Aww, I would come along if we still lived in Powys...love Carmarthen, my man and I met there at college.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 09:59:23 AM »

Where's that Sam Hutchinson? She's local to the venue...  I bet she'd bite yer arm off to go

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 04:41:47 PM »

Where's that Sam Hutchinson? She's local to the venue...  I bet she'd bite yer arm off to go

She's in the mix now (via one of our own), Bridget.  There's a few people (friends and acquaintances) who are mulling it over to see if they can make it, but hopefully it'll get sorted soon  Smiley

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 11:29:04 AM »

Sam seems not to be interested, so the ticket (Stalls, Row L) is still here if someone wants it  Smiley

Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 06:52:18 PM »

Sam seems not to be interested, so the ticket (Stalls, Row L) is still here if someone wants it  Smiley

Wish I could...I remember my niece came with me to Cropredy one year and Robert Plant was on...I said he was a legend and she told me he was not, but the lead singer from Busted was a legend! She is 26 now and may regret saying that  Smiley

Anyway, I still think he is a living legend and can’t wait to hear about the concert afterwards!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2019, 06:59:17 PM »

Wish I could...I remember my niece came with me to Cropredy one year and Robert Plant was on...I said he was a legend and she told me he was not, but the lead singer from Busted was a legend! She is 26 now and may regret saying that  Smiley

Anyway, I still think he is a living legend and can’t wait to hear about the concert afterwards!

Can't bloody well believe I'm having problems getting rid of a ticket to see Percy in Carmarthen!

Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2019, 10:23:55 AM »

Can't bloody well believe I'm having problems getting rid of a ticket to see Percy in Carmarthen!
I'll let you know later today.... Smiley I'm 95% sure I can go!!!!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 05:08:52 PM »

I'll let you know later today.... Smiley I'm 95% sure I can go!!!!

Cool!

Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2019, 10:04:09 AM »

I found out the problem! There’s a Led Zeppelin tribute band playing at The Pavilion in Llandrindod Wells on 12th April!

I expect everyone’s got tickets for that and can’t afford Percy in Carmarthen  Grin

Great news, Bridget! Hope you CAN go  Smiley
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2019, 04:25:41 PM »

YAY  Smiley  All sorted now, Bridget is my plus one, the lucky lady...

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2019, 11:29:41 AM »

Cheese and Grain, Frome Wed May 29th  Smiley

https://www.cheeseandgrain.com/events/saving-grace/

Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2019, 07:57:34 PM »

How was it? Spill! Xx
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2019, 08:16:18 PM »

How was it? Spill! Xx

There was a bit of a discussion on recent gigs, Lorna.  Robert really enjoying himself...tip top band.  Awesome female vocalist.  A very mellow vibe... Low covers, Moby grape covers, lots of Apalachian style stuff.  I Bid you Goodnight.  It was fab.  Others were less impressed I think....

Andy
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2019, 09:37:38 PM »

How was it? Spill! Xx

There was a bit of a discussion on recent gigs, Lorna.  Robert really enjoying himself...tip top band.  Awesome female vocalist.  A very mellow vibe... Low covers, Moby grape covers, lots of Apalachian style stuff.  I Bid you Goodnight.  It was fab.  Others were less impressed I think....
It's all about expectations. Those who expected a bit of head-banging Zep were sorely disappointed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: