TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
July 21, 2019, 09:05:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Listening to.......  (Read 22314 times)
Albie
or tea, if that is your cup of tea
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #500 on: July 15, 2019, 02:26:38 PM »

Thunder, Lightning, Strike by The Go! Team, earlier while driving, perfect uplifting music for a sunny morning.

Then it was Thunder Up by The Sound, an 80s group (from Brighton, or do I misremember?) that never got big. I bought it a few years ago when I saw a second hand copy. It's OK, they sound very much of their time, bit like Echo......, U2, Then Jericho, and others I can't put a name to.

Now it's Time Machine, a best of for Stray. If you were watching rock bands in the 70s you must have seen Stray, they supported everyone, or so it seemed, as well as playing on the club/college circuit in their own right. It's a fantastic double CD, another band to be filed under "shoulda been huge".
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!

I'm a llama!

« Reply #501 on: July 15, 2019, 07:01:18 PM »

Devils Dance Floor - Flogging Molly has just cropped up on the BBC2 advert for the Golf Open! Someone has good taste.
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #502 on: July 15, 2019, 09:45:41 PM »

2 bargain (i.e. promo version) purchases... Holly Cook's "Vessel of Love" - a lovely album of reggaefied tunes  Smiley

and

Beth Hart "Live at RAH 2018" - oh dear, I really don't like this.  Huh

I'd heard BH with Joe Bonamassa so thought I'd give it a go. I guess it'll find its way into my wife's car - she's a JB fan, so may well enjoy it.

Said the straight man, to the late man...
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #503 on: July 16, 2019, 04:05:21 PM »

Downloaded all my box sets to my iPod listening on shuffle  

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
Chris from Fieldtown
Sorry Bob

Loc: Fieldtown, Oxon

« Reply #504 on: July 19, 2019, 05:32:03 PM »

Caravan & The New Symphonia. Just plugged one of the last gaps in my Caravan albums. Held off for a long time because I was suspicious it would be twee reworkings of the songs with strings etc. Instead it's a blistering live romp through some of their great tunes with an orchestra playing their hearts out and really adding a huge amount to the songs. I think I'm heading to the repeat button.  
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

Omnia ti bi felicia

« Reply #505 on: July 19, 2019, 05:39:26 PM »

Caravan & The New Symphonia. Just plugged one of the last gaps in my Caravan albums. Held off for a long time because I was suspicious it would be twee reworkings of the songs with strings etc. Instead it's a blistering live romp through some of their great tunes with an orchestra playing their hearts out and really adding a huge amount to the songs. I think I'm heading to the repeat button.  

Yes it worked very well. I recall it being a great one-off gig at Drury Lane.  Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #506 on: Yesterday at 11:46:32 AM »

The excellent Island Radicals CD that comes with this months Mojo includes FC's Tale In Hard Time.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: