TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 07, 2021, 02:01:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 134   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Listening to.......  (Read 338162 times)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #2380 on: January 06, 2021, 02:09:00 PM »

Supertramp. They really were bloody brilliant.

Were you at Croppers in 2000?  That was fun.
Is that sarcasm?  Undecided  I'd have loved to be there!  Tiara

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #2381 on: January 06, 2021, 02:21:05 PM »

Lol.  I'm not always sarcastic.  No, it was wonderful (although I had just had a row with my other half and started heading back to the tent only to turn around when I realised what was going on).

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2382 on: January 06, 2021, 02:24:52 PM »

Lol.  I'm not always sarcastic.  No, it was wonderful (although I had just had a row with my other half and started heading back to the tent only to turn around when I realised what was going on).
 Grin  
Roger Hodgson is no 3 on my "Who I Want To See Next" list, which is unlikely to get any smaller soon....  Huh

Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #2383 on: January 06, 2021, 03:44:54 PM »

We didn't start attending Croppers until 2004, but did see Supertramp elsewhere in 1976 or so.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

Lost in time like tears in the rain
blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #2384 on: January 06, 2021, 04:49:25 PM »

We didn't start attending Croppers until 2004, but did see Supertramp elsewhere in 1976 or so.

Probably my favourite band, seen them several times firstly in early seventies when they were on an A&M tour debuting Crime Of The Century supported by Chris De Burgh and Joan Armitrading (or it may have been Gallagher & Lyle?)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #2385 on: January 06, 2021, 04:57:38 PM »

Probably my favourite band, seen them several times firstly in early seventies when they were on an A&M tour debuting Crime Of The Century supported by Chris De Burgh and Joan Armitrading (or it may have been Gallagher & Lyle?)

You should be able to spot it here https://concerts.fandom.com/wiki/Supertramp

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #2386 on: January 06, 2021, 05:28:01 PM »

Grin  
Roger Hodgson is no 3 on my "Who I Want To See Next" list, which is unlikely to get any smaller soon....  Huh

We saw him do a solo gig not long after at The Acoustic Festival. We found it quite tedious and left before the end. I do like Supertramp though.  

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2387 on: January 06, 2021, 06:03:10 PM »

Grin  

We saw him do a solo gig not long after at The Acoustic Festival. We found it quite tedious and left before the end. I do like Supertramp though.  
I've seen a video of his solo concert, at least 10 years old admittedly, and thoroughly enjoyed it. If I'm honest though, I'd settle for tedium at the moment as long as it was live tedium. I haven't been to a gig for 11 months Sad

PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #2388 on: January 06, 2021, 06:14:40 PM »

I saw Supertramp supporting Roxy Music at the Stadium in Liverpool in Nov 72. I wasn't impressed. I quite liked Dreamer, but otherwise, not for me.

Said the straight man, to the late man...
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2389 on: January 06, 2021, 08:21:05 PM »

I saw Supertramp supporting Roxy Music at the Stadium in Liverpool in Nov 72. I wasn't impressed. I quite liked Dreamer, but otherwise, not for me.

I saw Super tramp on what may have been the COTS tour. Or it might have been one of those label package concerts.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #2390 on: January 06, 2021, 09:59:08 PM »

To be fair, they were only a couple of albums in by then and who ever bought ‘Indelibly Stamped’?

Just found out the wasp I killed yesterday was a wasp cop who was too old for this s**t and only one week away from retirement. Feel awful.
mickf
Nevertheless, quite entertaining
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #2391 on: January 06, 2021, 10:00:16 PM »

The only time I saw Supertramp was when they supported Ten Years After at Birmingham Town Hall (early 70s) and to be honest, I can't remember much about their set, except it was quite sax heavy. I think they'd just released their debut album. If memory serves, Keith Christmas was also on the bill.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
MarkV
sit on a perch and prepare a roach
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Quality control has failed to sift me out.

« Reply #2392 on: January 07, 2021, 07:57:19 AM »

The only time I saw them was 23 August 1975 at the Reading Festival.  Can vaguely recall hearing them sound checking first thing in the morning for a short while.  Other than Dreamer and Bloody well right, I knew nothing much about them.  Think it was raining during thier set, as it certainly did for Yes directly(ish) after. 45 years ago last August.

O to 62 in sixtytwo years.  Where does the time go?
Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #2393 on: January 07, 2021, 08:33:59 AM »

The only time I saw them was 23 August 1975 at the Reading Festival.  Can vaguely recall hearing them sound checking first thing in the morning for a short while.  Other than Dreamer and Bloody well right, I knew nothing much about them.  Think it was raining during thier set, as it certainly did for Yes directly(ish) after. 45 years ago last August.

Me too -that was the only time I saw them. They were rather good if I remember correctly.
Peter Allen

« Reply #2394 on: January 07, 2021, 09:39:11 AM »

Second ever gig was Supertramp at Hull ABC with Joan Armatrading  and The Movies on the Crisis ? What Crisis ? tour
I think I bought the Lp's they were promoting at that gig  but nothing subsequently
Looking back I think I was ready for a revolution in music , which was just around the corner

Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2395 on: January 07, 2021, 11:49:33 AM »

Incredible String Band  :  U (US Elektra 2LP).
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #2396 on: January 07, 2021, 01:43:48 PM »

Grin  

I've seen a video of his solo concert, at least 10 years old admittedly, and thoroughly enjoyed it. If I'm honest though, I'd settle for tedium at the moment as long as it was live tedium. I haven't been to a gig for 11 months Sad

They had spent an absolute age getting the stage ready (for an acoustic performance) but most of the time was spent building a jungle out of potplants . i think most people had either dropped off or run away from the tarantulasby the time he appeared.

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #2397 on: January 07, 2021, 03:12:24 PM »

Lost Songs by The kettles aka Merry Hell/Tansads dropped through the letterbox today. Lots of rarely played songs by both bands many with new arrangements and different singers. Nice to hear Pendle Hill live again and john doing an interesting take on the goddess Janet's classic Shes Not Gone. Several vocals by John and Bob, but I would have liked to hear John sing Horses which I have not heard live since my retirement party when he did it for me. Its a song that is very relevant today.

DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #2398 on: January 07, 2021, 03:18:58 PM »

Lost Songs by The kettles aka Merry Hell/Tansads dropped through the letterbox today. Lots of rarely played songs by both bands many with new arrangements and different singers. Nice to hear Pendle Hill live again and john doing an interesting take on the goddess Janet's classic Shes Not Gone. Several vocals by John and Bob, but I would have liked to hear John sing Horses which I have not heard live since my retirement party when he did it for me. Its a song that is very relevant today.

My copy also arrived today, along with When We Meet Again CD single (featuring the Social Isolation Choir - of which I am a part).
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #2399 on: January 07, 2021, 04:53:16 PM »

My copy also arrived today, along with When We Meet Again CD single (featuring the Social Isolation Choir - of which I am a part).

Yes, mine too but they are quarantining for a couple of days before I play them.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 134   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: