TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
July 14, 2020, 04:44:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Youtube (music) clips of interest  (Read 196281 times)
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #740 on: July 03, 2020, 05:45:09 AM »

I stumbled on this a few months ago. My Irish roots come from Donegal, specifically the village of Kilcar, where my mum was born and raised. The fiddlers in this program are all legends of the area, particularly Francie Byrne of Kilcar, and Con Cassidy of Teelin. Some of their tunes are variants of ones that became part of the larger tradition, including Fairport. I'm particularly proud of coming from a place that has such a deep tradition and no matter what anyone thinks, I got a huge smile when I heard Fairport (via Chris) give a nod to the Donegal fiddle style on Good Time For A Fiddle And Bow. Since I got into Fairport some 33 years ago, I have become an aficionado of fiddle styles, but though I may be jaded, there is none greater than Donegal fiddlers  Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ixJlyU9ps

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #741 on: July 03, 2020, 09:01:55 AM »

I stumbled on this a few months ago. My Irish roots come from Donegal, specifically the village of Kilcar, where my mum was born and raised. The fiddlers in this program are all legends of the area, particularly Francie Byrne of Kilcar, and Con Cassidy of Teelin. Some of their tunes are variants of ones that became part of the larger tradition, including Fairport. I'm particularly proud of coming from a place that has such a deep tradition and no matter what anyone thinks, I got a huge smile when I heard Fairport (via Chris) give a nod to the Donegal fiddle style on Good Time For A Fiddle And Bow. Since I got into Fairport some 33 years ago, I have become an aficionado of fiddle styles, but though I may be jaded, there is none greater than Donegal fiddlers  Wink

Fantastic music but my goodness the audience are serious!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #742 on: July 03, 2020, 02:28:02 PM »

Fantastic music but my goodness the audience are serious!

Yes, inexplicably they do seem rather serious indeed!

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: