TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:03:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming releases of interest  (Read 145389 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #520 on: December 09, 2023, 03:07:50 PM »

Nice.
I have Songs...but I've gone for the other two.

That leaves only three that I don't have, here's hoping those will be the next batch.

My favourite (which isn't surprising as it's my favourite Tull album) is Benefit.  Unlike most of the beefed up sets I own I even listen to the extras!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #521 on: December 10, 2023, 07:26:27 AM »

Nice.

That leaves only three that I don't have, here's hoping those will be the next batch.

Having missed it first time round and waited and waited, I gave up and bought the standalone first CD of Songs... a couple of years ago.  So now to decide if the live concert is worth £29... Hmm.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #522 on: December 10, 2023, 09:24:20 AM »

Nice.

Having missed it first time round and waited and waited, I gave up and bought the standalone first CD of Songs... a couple of years ago.  So now to decide if the live concert is worth £29... Hmm.

Yes.
There's audio and a DVD.
Plus other bonus songs.
And the book part is fabulous, as with the other sets. If you bought that as just a book it would be worth it.

Goonyouknowyouwanna...

Well I never did..
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #523 on: December 10, 2023, 10:51:02 AM »

Well it's out, actually, but  Sheryl Crows  debut from 1993,  Tuesday Night Music Club  has been released on vinyl.  Mastered by Bernie Grundman,  which can only be a good thing.
Paul B

« Reply #524 on: December 24, 2023, 05:50:13 PM »

http://www.angelair.co.uk/?tcp_product=the-richard-thompson-band-historic-classic-concert-live-in-nottingham-1986

Wonder if this will be better than bootleg quality?
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #525 on: December 24, 2023, 06:36:52 PM »

This may actually be from '85. The '86 tour was with John Kirkpatrick. Of course, I could be wrong.

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #526 on: December 24, 2023, 09:38:55 PM »

This may actually be from '85. The '86 tour was with John Kirkpatrick. Of course, I could be wrong.

Definitely the Across A Crowded Room band, but with "Jennie" from yet-to-be released Daring Adventures thrown into the set. Also some unfamiliar tunes, at least to me. Maybe worth a listen.
Paul B

« Reply #527 on: December 25, 2023, 08:44:25 AM »

You are correct as Angel Air have already released an '86 concert with JK in the band
http://www.angelair.co.uk/?tcp_product=richard-thompson-live-at-rock-city-nottingham-1986
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #528 on: January 12, 2024, 01:08:31 PM »

A remastered Vital from the Generator-less Van der Graaf.  And it is...

* van-der-graaf_vital_2cd jpg.jpg (440.3 KB, 2400x2400 - viewed 428 times.)

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #529 on: January 12, 2024, 02:05:14 PM »

Nice.

Yes.
There's audio and a DVD.
Plus other bonus songs.
And the book part is fabulous, as with the other sets. If you bought that as just a book it would be worth it.

Goonyouknowyouwanna...

Oh, all right... I have.  It was out of stock for a while after Christmas, but is now back in again.

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #530 on: January 12, 2024, 05:59:46 PM »

Nice.

Yes.
There's audio and a DVD.
Plus other bonus songs.

Goonyouknowyouwanna...

Oh, all right... I have.  It was out of stock for a while after Christmas, but is now back in again.

I picked up all three sets in the offer from Burning Shed before Christmas but it has taken until this week for me to have time to listen and indeed read them so it has been a bit  of a Tull immersion week for me and thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't pick up any of these editions first time round so I am hoping there will be further "bargain" represses to come of A Passion Play, Warchild, Too Old To Rock n Roll, Heavy Horses and Stormwatch.

I am not sure that I need quite so much of Broadsword as there is in the recent box. On the other hand the surround mix can only be found there and the three I have heard to date are splendid.
Ian_
blazzawazzada brortewtomay
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Warwickshire

None the wiser

« Reply #531 on: January 15, 2024, 04:50:15 PM »

Being rather fond of the 66-72 'California sound', this appeals to me rather strongly: https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/various-artists-i-see-you-live-on-love-street-music-from-laurel-canyon-1967-1975-3cd-box-set/

** In addition, there is a 20% off sale at Cherry Red records through January  Smileyhttps://www.cherryred.co.uk/product-category/cherry-red-sale/

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science." Albert Einstein
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #532 on: January 15, 2024, 05:20:13 PM »

Being rather fond of the 66-72 'California sound', this appeals to me rather strongly: https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/various-artists-i-see-you-live-on-love-street-music-from-laurel-canyon-1967-1975-3cd-box-set/

** In addition, there is a 20% off sale at Cherry Red records through January  Smileyhttps://www.cherryred.co.uk/product-category/cherry-red-sale/

You Don't Miss Your Water is an incredibly odd, nay wrongheaded, selection to represent The Byrds.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Ian_
blazzawazzada brortewtomay
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Warwickshire

None the wiser

« Reply #533 on: January 16, 2024, 09:33:35 AM »

You Don't Miss Your Water is an incredibly odd, nay wrongheaded, selection to represent The Byrds.

Jules

I get what you're saying, Jules, but wasn't the country-rock styling eventually a major ingredient of the 'canyon sound'? Or was it?  Grin I don't really know....whatever, I could never follow the Byrds down that path despite several attempts. But it looks to be an impressively varied collection  Smiley

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science." Albert Einstein
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #534 on: January 16, 2024, 12:11:00 PM »

I could never follow the Byrds down that path despite several attempts. But it looks to be an impressively varied collection  Smiley

Oh I could, but that track is pretty dull. Plus surely something recorded when Crosby was still in the group is much more "Laurel Canyon".

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Paul B

« Reply #535 on: April 09, 2024, 08:40:56 AM »

http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=120705

Really looking forward to this -a great album
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #536 on: April 09, 2024, 09:25:19 AM »

50th Anniversary edition of Al Stewart's Past, Present & Future album coming out at the end of June: https://www.cherryred.co.uk/al-stewart-past-present-future-50th-anniversary-3cd-blu-ray-limited-edition-box-set.

It was my introduction to Al's music, thanks to a friend at my 6th Form college in the early 80s.  But I feel it is somewhat overpriced at £56 for 3 CDs + a blu-ray with 5.1 surround mix I'll never listen to because I don't have a BluRay player or 5.1 system.  It's a remaster and a remixed version of the album with no new tracks that haven't been available for ages, and a concert, most of which is on the big boxset I sprang for last year.  So, I'll probably hope there's a download version at a decent price, as there was for the recent YOTC and Time Passages reissues.

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #537 on: April 09, 2024, 09:32:25 AM »

50th Anniversary edition of Al Stewart's Past, Present & Future album coming out at the end of June: https://www.cherryred.co.uk/al-stewart-past-present-future-50th-anniversary-3cd-blu-ray-limited-edition-box-set.

It was my introduction to Al's music, thanks to a friend at my 6th Form college in the early 80s.  But I feel it is somewhat overpriced at £56 for 3 CDs + a blu-ray with 5.1 surround mix I'll never listen to because I don't have a BluRay player or 5.1 system.  It's a remaster and a remixed version of the album with no new tracks that haven't been available for ages, and a concert, most of which is on the big boxset I sprang for last year.  So, I'll probably hope there's a download version at a decent price, as there was for the recent YOTC and Time Passages reissues.

A favourite album of mine but I don't need this-  I have 3 vinyl copies including an original, plus at least one CD edition. And I don't have anything to do with blue Ray.
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #538 on: April 25, 2024, 11:30:42 AM »

Sir David Of Gilmour is about to unleash his latest energetic dance funk metal opus on the world.

Luck and Strange

1. Black Cat
2. Luck and Strange
3. The Piper’s Call
4. A Single Spark
5. Vita Brevis
6. Between Two Points - with Romany Gilmour
7. Dark and Velvet Nights
8. Sings
9. Scattered​

Maybe a Syd reference there...

Also, many people are pointing out the Waters on the cover...

Rick Wright is apparently on it.

There's merch and coloured vinyl and all sorts of stuff and other stuff...

I can't wayyyyyyyyytttttzzzzzzzzzzzzz

https://shop.davidgilmour.com/collections/luck-and-strange

Well I never did..
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #539 on: April 25, 2024, 11:44:41 AM »

The sixth of September?

If I'm still alive by then, I'll consider it.

That's a ridiculous wait.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: