TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:54:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maart's book  (Read 5070 times)
Squiggle
Purr

Loc: Northwest Wales

« on: February 16, 2019, 05:05:23 PM »

Maart’s last few hours were spent with him telling me his wishes about his book and I promised that I would finish it for him.  I now feel ready to do this but I need some help.  Maart had written chapters up to 1990 along with other paragraphs and ideas.  I am trawling through his emails and other documents on his computer as it is important that as much as possible is written in Maart’s own words.

I’m looking for transcripts/recordings of any interviews both pre and post 1990 along with any good stories that will be interesting for readers, especially the humorous ones that gave Maart such delight.  Obviously, I have all Fairport’s tour/Cropredy programmes and some of Tull’s along with videos/DVDs made about Fairport.  I also have the Q&A session that Maart did on Talkawhile which has provided me with some valuable information.  Is there anyone out there who recorded Maart’s farewell speech at Cropredy?

I don’t want anyone to go to a lot of trouble in providing me with something that I already have so, if you have any suggestions or can point me in the right direction please email me first at squigglerecords@btinternet.com

Hard copies of anything can be sent to me:

Jan Lane
PO Box 31
Harlech
Gwynedd
LL46 2WQ

Yes, I have always kept my maiden name!

Many, many thanks in advance,

Jan

Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 05:51:51 PM »

Good luck with this Jan, it will be a wonderful read and I know
You will do a great job...  xxx

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Squiggle
Purr

Loc: Northwest Wales

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 04:25:13 PM »

Just a thought.  I don't do Facebook etc., only Talkawhile, so is there anyone who could post my request on the Jethro Tull Forum and Jethro Tull Facebook for me please with the thread title Maartin Allcock's autobiography?

Many thanks,

Jan
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 07:21:14 PM »

Jan,

Maart did a couple of really good interviews with a New Day magazine (Tull fanzine). I’m sure that David Rees and Martin Webb will only be too happy to help dig them out. The website is below. Best of luck in finishing the book!

Adam

https://m.anewdaymag.co.uk
paul bond 59

Loc: Lincolnshire

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 10:46:33 AM »

I own some of Maarts less known pre- Mike H & FC recordings, not sure whether a discography is planned for your book?
If I can be of help please feel free tocontact me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: