TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
June 17, 2019, 06:47:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bearded Theory 2019  (Read 864 times)
Tony Pim

Loc: St Helens

« on: May 02, 2019, 11:04:58 PM »

Less than a month to our first festival of 2019, who’s going, what are you looking forward to? Dreadnoughts in the Woodland for me.  Will stop off at Cheesy Vinyl Bar on the way

and the stars look very different today
Albie
or tea, if that is your cup of tea
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 01:54:20 PM »

Steel Pulse of course  Afro  Plus SLF. And Dreadzone, Seth, Wildwood Kin, The Cult, Mad Dog McRea, Mahones, Hollie Cook, Flutatious, Sporadics, AOS3, Dub The Earth, Lacertilia - that'll do for a start. I haven't checked for clashes and so a few of those will inevitably get knocked on the head. Only the first two are set in stone for me, and probably The Cult 'cos I haven't seen them before.
And there will be some band I've never heard of that I fall in love with, because there is just so much great music and so many stages. Last year it was My Bad Sister in the Convoy, and The Mushroom Project in the Dance Tent but so many great bands over the years.
Brilliant value for money festival, you can mind the quality and also feel the width.
Addie
Fizzy beef juice?
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Walsall

Unspoilt By Progress

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 03:15:45 PM »

Looking forward to Henge in the Maui Waui stage, Lot of good stuff on in there this year. So many bands, so little time Smiley

Bearded is the best.

Sidling out of stores gingerly and embracing margins since 2008
Tony Pim

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 04:39:35 PM »

Hoping to catch Henge, but it's the last thing on the Friday, and anything could have happened by then.  I absolutely cannot wait.  2 weeks to go and counting.

Haven't seen any of the Pallet headliners before hoping to see all of them as well.....

Albie
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 05:04:27 PM »

Looking forward to Henge in the Maui Waui stage, Lot of good stuff on in there this year. So many bands, so little time Smiley

Bearded is the best.

I'd like to give Henge a go, but looking at the line-up it seems they will clash or overlap with Suede on mainstage, SLF in Woodland and Sporadics in Convoy. Which shows why Bearded is indeed the best, but yeah, not enough time.  Cheesy
Addie
Fizzy beef juice?
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Unspoilt By Progress

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 09:06:02 AM »

Henge are well worth it, I believe the Maui waui stage finishes later so hopefully suede will be finished by then.

Albie
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 03:06:42 PM »

Henge are well worth it, I believe the Maui waui stage finishes later so hopefully suede will be finished by then.

You seem to have missed the bit where I said SLF were on in the Woodland.  Roll Eyes  
Addie
Fizzy beef juice?
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Unspoilt By Progress

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 04:36:47 PM »

You seem to have missed the bit where I said SLF were on in the Woodland.  Roll Eyes  

Oh, you've seen them before......  Roll Eyes

abby (tank girl)
never felt happy about quinoa
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Finally settled in my own pad

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 05:42:29 PM »

once again, a truly brilliant festival and Henge were indeed worth a look  Shocked

thanks to dad volt, donna, pete, clive and tracy for being my camp mates, we were awesome, and great to see......sop, mark, sandra, chris, karl, H, andy, addie, jane, beck, carl and the adorable seren, andy, darren and my old mate Tree, who is now everybody's mate  Cool

musical highlights include in no particular order:
Doves
Reef
Dreadzone
Henge
Suede
Seth
Justin
Flutatious
Skatalites
Mad Dog McRae
Wildhearts
Rev
The Sporadics
Sister Bliss
and all of the time i spent in the dance tent with no idea who was playing!

same again next year...........brilliant weather, brilliant music, absolutely loved it again.

it'll be fine.......
Tony Pim

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2019, 07:20:31 PM »

Just back chilling in the post BT glow.It’s the best I’d add Dreadnoughts and Spanner to the above

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: