TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 20, 2019, 04:11:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: While and Matthews  (Read 25456 times)
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2005, 11:31:57 AM »

Good to hear they played well at Nettlebed Noggaman. In previous times that would have been our nearest venue. This tour we shall be seeing them in the Unicorn, a tiny little medaeval theatre in our home town, Abingdon. It's good when you can walk to a gig  Cheesy Here's hoping that Pam can get the Unicorn established as a regular folk venue.

Cheers

Nick

...putting the finishing touchés on some witty ripostes
martin driver
I like the cut of his gibberish
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surbiton

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2005, 06:58:33 PM »

This tour we shall be seeing them in the Unicorn, a tiny little medieval theatre in our home town, Abingdon.  Here's hoping that Pam can get the Unicorn established as a regular folk venue.
And what a wonderful little theatre the Unicorn is Nick. Earlier this year I went to see LJE play an acoustic set there, although the theatre only seats about 80 people it has a great atmosphere and is supported by a very friendly crowd, I too wish Pam all the best in establishing the Unicorn as a regular music venue.
Suzanne
I have their verdicts in writing

"Mum" to Bentley's Ben and Barnaby

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2005, 03:17:35 PM »

I am looking forward to seeing them at t'Mill on 4 November.  I can't wait to get my mitts on the new CD either - will it be on sale on the night?
Ethans Granny (Carolyn)
going off to join the circus

Loc: Banbury

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2005, 08:01:37 AM »

I should imagine so!  Have you ever been to a gig where there isn't a considerable amount of stuff for sale?

See you there.

Carolyn
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Local Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2005, 10:41:07 AM »

There were plenty for sale in Fareham, but they were going pretty fast. Chris and Julie had problems keeping up with the signing  Smiley

Paul

Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2005, 12:15:39 AM »

...the Unicorn, a tiny little medaeval theatre in our home town, Abingdon.

Just back from seeing C&J. Excellent gig in an excellent teatre. The pair suited the venue very well and played a marvelous set. Neither of us could claim to be 100% familiar with their material but we saw, we enjoyed and we sang along.

And it is great to be able to have a leisurely home-cooked dinner, bottle of wine, wander across to the gig, more wine, night-caps to finish then wander home again. There should be more gigs like that!

Now looking forward to seeing them again with the Aggies. Only wish they too were playing at the Unicorn.

Cheers

Nick

...putting the finishing touchés on some witty ripostes
Fi
Savoy

Loc: Somewhere near Oxford

My child is addicted to Zingzillas...

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2005, 12:37:12 PM »

Unicorn Theatre: How excellent! I loved it, and I've seen performances in various 'unusual' spaces including the St Pancras Hotel, the botanical gardens in Cordoba and an abbey in the Loire Valley. I think this is one of the loveliest venues I've ever been to. And as Nick says jolly handy to have it so nearby...I hope to see many more things happening there Smiley

Chris and Julie: They were excellent too, I;m familiar with a couple of thier songs but not many. I like the Indigo Grils a lot, and they are clearly an influence (?). And I'm sure I must have seen wither them  Daphnes Flight  at some stage, as I'd heard the 'School Reunion' song before, and remember joining in with the 'Na na na na na na's' in the past...but I can't remember WHEN! (did they ever do the Edinburgh Festival in mid/late 90's?). Anyway, I feel more expenditure coming on...CD wise!.

Cheers

Fi

Suzanne

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2005, 10:25:20 PM »

Hi folks

Just need a weeny bit of help here.  At Cropredy, Chris and Julie performed a song which had about 16 or 17 other songs in it which they needed to obtain permission to use.  I'm now stuck because I can't remember the name of the song in question nor which album it appears on.  I've been through the albums of theirs that I do have and I can't find it - I've also browsed the lyrics on their website but been unlucky so far.
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Local Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2005, 10:46:45 PM »

Not sure of the spelling, but it's Brucciana's Cafe.

Paul

Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Global Moderator

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2005, 02:03:29 PM »

Brucchiano's, I *think*!

Sian
Likes her members
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Oxfordshire

Mind the guy ropes!

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2005, 02:08:49 PM »

I looked on W&M website it is spelt Bruccianni's Grin

GOD BLESS THE BROKEN ROAD THAT LED ME STRAIGHT TO YOU
Suzanne

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2005, 03:10:54 PM »

Thanks folks! Grin  Unfortunately, it isn't on my version of their "Quest" album (something to do with copyright when the album was first released).  I really want to get hold of that track somehow because it is FAB!
mikec
Anywhere close to proper english
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

I'm sorry, my daughter isn't coming out tonight.

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2005, 10:27:00 PM »

Thanks folks! Grin  Unfortunately, it isn't on my version of their "Quest" album (something to do with copyright when the album was first released).  I really want to get hold of that track somehow because it is FAB!

They must have got it sorted eventually cause its on my copy of Quest. And its spelt as Sian says.

MikeC

I have gone to look for myself, if I return before I get back, keep me here.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: