TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 11, 2018, 11:47:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neil Innes- New Album.  (Read 449 times)
Glen S
and I do love a bit of Macca whimsy

Loc: Oxfordshire

« on: September 29, 2018, 01:15:23 PM »

Pretty excited...Have just pre ordered this... Cool

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/neil-innes-the-new-album

Hello. I need your help. I have written some new Songs. Songs I could simply record on my own but I believe Music is really all about playing and singing songs with others. Over the years I have been lucky enough to have worked with many Great Musicians who have become Good Friends. I would love to record these Songs with them. But getting them all together at the Same Time in the Same Room – costs money. This is why I need to raise some! With YOUR help – and pledgemusic.com WE can make this happen. Thank you for all your past support and kindness.

“We are what we are – we do what we can.”

Neil Innes.

GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 01:06:09 PM »

I went to see Neil last night and he was in great form. Working with an acoustic country blues duo called Rag Mama Rag. He played quite a few new songs slated for the new album and they sounded strong. I just hope that the album is better recorded than his last one, Works In Progress which, as the title might imply, sounded unfinished.

Neil missed a trick I thought by not actually mentioning the pledge campaign for his album. I pledged last week but it doesn't seem to be doing that well. It was only at about 25% and some of the prices seemed a bit steep.

Meanwhile I was entertained during the interval by a lady from California who was regaling me with tales of seeing The Beatles, Janis Joplin, Country Joe & The Fish and others during her youth. It was apparently Monty Python that convinced her to move to the UK more than 40 years ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: