TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 01, 2020, 11:26:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neil Young  (Read 8900 times)
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2020, 09:46:07 PM »

Here's a nice little list for discussion...we all like a good list after all Grin https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/nov/05/neil-young-every-album-ranked

I think the most telling phrase in there refers to to cliff-edge drop in quality post-David Briggs.

Just found out the wasp I killed yesterday was a wasp cop who was too old for this s**t and only one week away from retirement. Feel awful.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2020, 02:16:52 PM »

I see that Archives 2 is in the works. It’s a lovely looking box, but isn’t a lot of it already out (Tuscaloosa, Live at The Roxy et al)? Although according to the track listing I saw I guess a lot of people will be looking forward to the live versions of ‘Stringinan’ and that old Saturday night TV staple ‘Lotto Love’. 😁
https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/neil-young-archives-vol-ii-now-available-to-pre-order/

Just found out the wasp I killed yesterday was a wasp cop who was too old for this s**t and only one week away from retirement. Feel awful.
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2020, 04:13:13 PM »

Tuscaloosa

Apropos of nothing at all to do with Neil Young, I spent far more of my life than I really wanted to working in Tuscaloosa, Alabama...

I helped design and build Sprint's Alabama mobile phone service from there. College town I remember, and with a massive football stadium. Mercedes Benz had a plant there too if I recall. Most abiding memory was of a 'restaurant' that had 5 words on its menu: "Steak", "Ribs", "Pork", "Chicken", "Pie" (Pie was desert.)

Sorry, sudden flashback. Do carry on.

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2020, 05:54:27 PM »

Here is a little oddity from the archives.  Neil Young busking in a Glasgow street in 1976
https://archive.org/details/neil-young-busking

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2020, 05:58:36 PM »

At the rate these Archive series are coming out the last one should be available just before my grandchildren retire.  Wink Grin

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: