TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:50:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That RT gets everywhere ....  (Read 4126 times)
Peter H-K
inexperienced in matters ebayular

Loc: North Lancashire

« on: August 25, 2018, 06:54:37 PM »

What a surprise to see RT (in particular, the Cabaret of Souls CD) mentioned in an article in this week's copy of the Quaker publication The Friend! He gets everywhere, that chap.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 08:01:06 PM »

What a surprise to see RT (in particular, the Cabaret of Souls CD) mentioned in an article in this week's copy of the Quaker publication The Friend! He gets everywhere, that chap.

In what context, Peter?  Smiley

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Peter H-K
inexperienced in matters ebayular

Loc: North Lancashire

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 08:18:59 PM »

In what context, Peter?  Smiley

To tell you the truth, it's quite hard to tell what the author of the article is getting at (not uncommon, I find, for The Friend, with its short, often rather unfocussed pieces). I have online access, but suspect that copying and pasting might not be the done thing .... However, he mentions having been on holiday with his grandchildren in the heatwave, and coming home to find the CD has been delivered. He explains the central conceit of Carnival of Souls, quotes the Keeper's pronouncement on serial killer Auldie Riggs, and then talks about a book he's been reading on the trial of Lord Haw Haw. He finishes with a few musings on human frailty, so maybe that's the central point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: